AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Hardware Hacking

Hardware Hacking The hammer and tongs school of Overclocking. (NOT for the beginner and you assume all risks)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 8th April, 2002, 05:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to The Spyder Send a message via MSN to The Spyder

Computer Inside a Camp Stove..........

Well....... after my bro smoke ALOT of beach grass....(JK).... he went to the dump and found a Colmen Camp Stove Circa 1973- and with this he came up w/ the idea to shove his athlon 1gig inside- Mind u this stove is TOOSMALL to fit everything- but with some of my uncles and mine creative thinking- we found a way to do this- Soon to be intoduced- :-D
SPyder
1993 Mazda Rx7 R1 345whp. 2008 Mazda 3 Hatch
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 8th April, 2002, 06:01 AM

Send a message via AIM to mrpcman

nice, go for it!
Old 8th April, 2002, 06:21 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

"I'm not trying to set the world on fire, I just want to set your heart ablaze!"

(Song from the twenties)
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 8th April, 2002, 08:04 AM
eobard

"Stove inside a computer"??? Don't we have them already, I believe they're called 'Athalons'.

Oh wait, "computer inside a stove", I get it now. Good idea. :clown:
Old 8th April, 2002, 12:26 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

i like this idea a lot

could you keep the stove operational too? that would rule!

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Old 9th April, 2002, 12:29 AM

Send a message via ICQ to SiGmA_X Send a message via AIM to SiGmA_X Send a message via MSN to SiGmA_X Send a message via Yahoo to SiGmA_X

eobard - Its the other way around - A computer inside a stove! His bro is talking about it a lot, but hez crazy... I do want to see it when (IF) it's done. Should be cool.
Old 10th April, 2002, 05:34 AM

Well..........my bro is trying to find "air intakes" for cars hoods so that he can mount them on the top and put the drives in them- any ideas where-
Spyder
AOA Team fah
Old 12th April, 2002, 04:39 AM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via ICQ to Azriel

This is gonna be sweet..
Old 12th April, 2002, 05:47 AM

Im currently teaching him the benifits of a sander........... LOL-- it should be done soon- were thinking for watercooling - using a propain tank for the water/ pump storage- :-D:-d:devil: :devil: :nervous: :-D
Spyder
AOA Team fah
Old 12th April, 2002, 06:25 AM
Member/Contributer

Just make sure you remove the valve assembly completely, and flush the tank out before you go taking a torch to it, or your blow yourself to itty bitty little pieces.
Old 15th April, 2002, 11:29 PM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via ICQ to Jazz Send a message via AIM to Jazz

Even when you wash out the tank there can still be some residue in the tank. Believe me from experence. I can still see that flash coming at me today.
"Folding protiens and taking names"
Old 16th April, 2002, 12:00 AM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

Quote:
Originally posted by Azriel
Just make sure you remove the valve assembly completely, and flush the tank out before you go taking a torch to it, or your blow yourself to itty bitty little pieces.
A friend of my Dad blew up a fuel oil tank welding on it years ago, the poor guy suffered 3rd degree burns over 60% of his body and lived. Matter of fact the guy is kind of famous, well his brother is. Anyone ever hear of a fellow named Terry Nichols? The guy is Terry's brother, no not James, the other one Les . . .

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah
Old 16th April, 2002, 03:16 AM
Member/Contributer

I was gonna give you some tips on doing a test burn in the tank with a small quantity of incindiary material, but that info would probably get deleted, as it involves a simple detonator device that I use for my 4th of July festivities.

Can't think of a safe remote method that I feel comfortable posting.
Old 16th April, 2002, 03:21 AM
Member/Contributer

That fertilizer is powerful stuff, eh dimm?
Old 16th April, 2002, 03:32 AM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via ICQ to Jazz Send a message via AIM to Jazz

"Folding protiens and taking names"
Old 16th April, 2002, 06:36 AM

___-----"bump"------_____
I got a preasure washed tank from the dump- the idiot tossed a match in the valve hole to prove it.......... thankfully no one was hurt......... atleast now i know that its empty :-D- We are currntly molding plastic for the drives-
SPyder
AOA Team fah
Old 16th April, 2002, 09:45 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

i like gas cans. even when totally empty, they will stink out a medium sized aircraft hanger when you punch a hole in em!

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Old 16th April, 2002, 11:20 PM
Member/Contributer

Random... you might want to not specifically mention ways to blow up buildings. I really don't think Daniel will find it appropriate.
Old 17th April, 2002, 02:29 AM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

Yeah I'm pretty sure Dan wouldn't like us discussing explosives in general . . .

Whatever you guys do, don't mention that SoldOx and Powdered Sugar mixed in a 30:70 ratio makes a great substitue for blasting powder . . .

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah
Old 17th April, 2002, 04:52 AM

Send a message via ICQ to SiGmA_X Send a message via AIM to SiGmA_X Send a message via MSN to SiGmA_X Send a message via Yahoo to SiGmA_X

Quote:
Originally posted by dimmreaper
Yeah I'm pretty sure Dan wouldn't like us discussing explosives in general . . .

Whatever you guys do, don't mention that SoldOx and Powdered Sugar mixed in a 30:70 ratio makes a great substitue for blasting powder . . .
Yeah, I hear you. And never mention about the diffrent methods of flying airplanes in to tall buildings.,,

And now, back to the topic. Spyder, how is it coming along? Make sure to send some pics once its done!