AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Hardware Hacking

Hardware Hacking The hammer and tongs school of Overclocking. (NOT for the beginner and you assume all risks)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 8th July, 2008, 03:48 AM

fsb pin mod

Quote:
Welcome, abraham.
You last visited: 30th October, 2007 at 05:22 PM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 0.
wow it's been along time since i'v been on this forum and its improved since the last visit.

anyway my bro needs a runescape pc the only pc i have laying around is a dell dimension 2200 with celeron 1.3ghz and 512mb ram
anyway, I need a pin mod to modify the fsb (bsel?) i have pc133 ram so that shouldn't hold me back but i know the cooling is not good and it has no pci locks. so i think even if i could get it running at 133fsb it would corrupt my hd. I want a fsb pin mod to be as high as it can without going over 37mhz on the pci. I need pics if possible too.
Old 8th July, 2008, 04:32 AM

I used this guys method a while back and it worked.

Easy Upclocking of Tualatin Celerons to run at 133MHz clock speeds
Old 9th July, 2008, 03:18 AM

Quote:
it did not work on a Dell Dimension 2100 which uses a variety of Intel's 810 motherboard... It's not known yet what is preventing this from working.
that news makes me nervous as I have a dell dimension 2200

so all I gotta do is break BSEL 1 of my cpu and it will be running 133fsb?

Also does this overclock the system or just the cpu? If it overclocks the system, the pci will be in excess of 40mhz which will corrupt the hard drives.

Last edited by abraham; 9th July, 2008 at 03:18 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th July, 2008, 06:40 AM

I'm also looking for an fsb pin mod for sempron 3000 socket 754 i need it to be like 265-270mhz area and like i asked before does this overclock the whole system or just the cpu?
Old 9th July, 2008, 06:47 AM

BSEL mods will leave the PCI clock stock. It's the same as throwing a 133 FSB CPU in the board.

Don't know of any pin mods for A64's as all of them had the same HTT speed so there wouldn't be any need for AMD to be able set differently
Old 9th July, 2008, 03:58 PM

well i tried to bsel mod the celeron and it did not post so i undid the mod and its running fine. too bad i guess intel locked the motherboard to prevent this. oh and the reason i need the pin mod for the sempy was because my motherboad has no pci lock and no fsb ajustments.
Old 9th July, 2008, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraham View Post
well i tried to bsel mod the celeron and it did not post so i undid the mod and its running fine. too bad i guess intel locked the motherboard to prevent this. oh and the reason i need the pin mod for the sempy was because my motherboad has no pci lock and no fsb ajustments.
You can always give CPUFSB a try. This worked on my "locked" Intel 845GRG mobo. I was able to clock it from 2.4-2.66 stable.
CPUFSB supports just about all the old mobos and CPU's.

EVGA GTX 470 SC 37% OC (855/1710/2004) 160.5Gbs
3DMark Vantage: P24352
3DMark 11: P5119

Last edited by MUff1N; 9th July, 2008 at 11:48 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th July, 2008, 02:32 AM

Iv already tried my pll was not supported because it was a locked pll. and it overclocks the pci bus which corrupts your hard drives.

Last edited by abraham; 10th July, 2008 at 02:34 AM.
Old 25th September, 2011, 09:40 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Just 'cause they are old problems doesn't mean they weren't real ones.

Tags
celeron , pin mod