AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Hardware Hacking

Hardware Hacking The hammer and tongs school of Overclocking. (NOT for the beginner and you assume all risks)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 16th February, 2009, 04:33 AM

Hi There, I could use some help...........

1st off, nice site!! Very informative and useful

I have been reading up on "Volt Modding" and was wondering if someone could help me out.

I am wanting to pencil mod my ASUS EN8600GT Magic, 512 DDR2 graphics cards, but for the life of me I cannot find which resistors to shade I have also looked over the net for info but can't find any.

Also I have an MSI K8NGM2-L mobo which has no voltage control in BIOS, any tips on Volt Modding this board.

I'm not that experienced with electronics, but I am extremely good at followong tips/instructions.

Any help is greatly appreciated in advance!

-Corey
Old 16th February, 2009, 06:50 PM

Arrow

Hi D1Racer_NZ & welcome to the AOA forums!
Although I have no knowledge for what you want to accomplish with your volt-modding project,
I just wanted to acknowledge that someone here has seen & read your post.

One of our Members should be along shortly that has done this before to help you on your way...
Bump!

EVGA GTX 470 SC 37% OC (855/1710/2004) 160.5Gbs
3DMark Vantage: P24352
3DMark 11: P5119

Last edited by MUff1N; 16th February, 2009 at 06:52 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 16th February, 2009, 07:15 PM
Steve Jobs

There are some good videos around such as this:

YouTube - 8600gt vmod part1

If the card is reference design you shouldn't have issues, if its an oddball ASUS card it may be different though.
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 17th February, 2009, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsio View Post
There are some good videos around such as this:

If the card is reference design you shouldn't have issues, if its an oddball ASUS card it may be different though.
It doesn't seem to be a reference design, It doesn't match any of the other 8600GT's I've seen modded.

The Voltage controller is a APW7067N. I could try doing the VR mod, just I'm not that great with soldering. From my understanding you attach one end to the FB pin and the other to the Ground pin on the same chip?? What size VR should I use?
Old 17th February, 2009, 05:52 AM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Can you get me a picture of the voltage controller and the area right around it? As close as possible while staying in focus, and as high a res as you can manage? I might be able to sus out what's what.
Old 19th February, 2009, 01:38 AM

Thanks, I'll upload the pics as soon as I find the cable for my camera :|
Old 25th February, 2011, 09:20 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

I hope D1Racer_NZ came through the earthquake intact!
Old 11th July, 2012, 09:53 AM

i am also connect soon my cable
Old 11th July, 2012, 11:18 AM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

my cable was connected and look at me now!
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Old 13th July, 2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1Racer_NZ View Post
1st off, nice site!! Very informative and useful

I have been reading up on "Volt Modding" and was wondering if someone could help me out.

I am wanting to pencil mod my ASUS EN8600GT Magic, 512 DDR2 graphics cards, but for the life of me I cannot find which resistors to shade I have also looked over the net for info but can't find any.

Also I have an MSI K8NGM2-L mobo which has no voltage control in BIOS, any tips on Volt Modding this board.

I'm not that experienced with electronics, but I am extremely good at followong tips/instructions.

Any help is greatly appreciated in advance!

-Corey
try to visit the asus website, maybe they have the answer to your questions.
Old 14th July, 2012, 10:22 AM
Banned

I don't no what is hardware hacking.help me.
Old 14th July, 2012, 10:57 AM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

LOL
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!