AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Hardware Hacking

Hardware Hacking The hammer and tongs school of Overclocking. (NOT for the beginner and you assume all risks)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 27th February, 2009, 02:07 AM

Send a message via ICQ to trodas Send a message via AIM to trodas Send a message via MSN to trodas

Question Pentium 90 (P54C) multiplier modification?

An old Pentium 90 CPU (P54C) has internal multiplier x1.5 - so it make from the 60MHz FSB the 90MHz clock.

I do wonder, however, if that multiplier can be set to x1

Usually people want to overclock, however I would like to try underclocking and the x1.5 multiplier suxx. If I understand good the multiplier settings, for example for the Asus TXP4-X Socket 7 board: RapidShare: Easy Filehosting
( Asus TXP4-X Socket 7 - CapsMod Your Motherboard - CapsMod Forum - Powered by Discuz! )
Then setting BF0, BF1 to 1-2, 1-2 (manual, page 17) let the CPU internal multiplier be used, so, if I can modify the multiplier somehow (burning internal path? connecting two pins?), then I got the underclocker dream machine.

Anyone know if that is possible or know someone who might know?

Another possibility is the Pentium Overdrive, but dunno where to obtain one and if it ever run at x1 multi. Any other ideas, beside rare 5V Pentium 60/66 witch use Socket 4 and hence are not very usufull as the nice underclocker board has Socket 7 (5) ...

Another idea pop into mind and that is the Mobile Pentium or Mobile Pentium MMX chips for laptops, but I have no idea either where to get one of these, besides I have no idea if they can run with the x1 multi...

Anyone got some clues there?
Old 15th March, 2009, 07:09 PM

Arrow

Sorry trodas, but it looks as though no one here has a clue as there's been no replies to this in a month or so...
I just wanted you to know that someone did see this and read it!

EVGA GTX 470 SC 37% OC (855/1710/2004) 160.5Gbs
3DMark Vantage: P24352
3DMark 11: P5119
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th November, 2009, 07:59 AM

Send a message via MSN to candle_86 Send a message via Yahoo to candle_86

yes you can, as long as the board has multipler jumpers on it, forget the bios, look for the mulitplier silk screened on. 1x should be an option. I still have a few old Socket7 boards and all of them have a 1x jumper. The other way you can downclock it is to set it 50mhz bus to get a 75mhz chip if you want. Multi and FSB options wernt in the bios untill about 97. And not common till mid98

Tags
pentium