AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Hardware Hacking

Hardware Hacking The hammer and tongs school of Overclocking. (NOT for the beginner and you assume all risks)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12th September, 2002, 03:13 AM
New Member "Outlaw"

Location: Clarksville,Ar but i'm from Neworleans (don't ask lol )

Going higher

Ok I'v got an Msi 6330 mbo with a duron800@976. The duron is unlocked. It's running at 35c and with load it goes up to 38c. I don't have the vcore uped at all I can get close to1.ghz but it keeps locking. I'v got 4 80mm fans and a Thermal-take volcano7 solid copper heat sink running at max speed. I'v also got a blue orb on the mbo chip set. Do I need to up the vcore or what I think I got the heat licked I just want to go higher. I'm not scared to go for it . amd xp 1800 is what I realy want so if it frys I'll just tell my wife it went kaput and I got the xp (lol). any clues?
Old 12th September, 2002, 07:07 PM

Location: USS Great Britain, aircraft carrier, moored off the northwest coast of Europe
Send a message via ICQ to Random Nonsense Send a message via Yahoo to Random Nonsense

My bro's duron 850 topped out at 975, seems that its either 975 or about 1050 they will reach with good air cooling.

Undergoing overhaul. Hard Locking to 13.5X multiplier for theoretical clockrate of 1944mhz 144mhz FSB

1X Duron 1.3 AHCLA "9" @ 1430mhz

1X Celeron 1000mhz

1X Pentium3 450 DECEASED

Folding Under AOA-UK for team 45!

"Mothers should love their babies, because then they grow up, everyone might hate them."
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12th September, 2002, 08:24 PM

up voltage
that will allow you to reach a gig prolly. My old 800 could do it.
My friend dave got hold of a 600 that could do 1gig more stable then my 800. That was something special, dont know where that is now. Must find out.
Old 16th September, 2002, 04:57 AM

I bet it's a memory problem. See if there is an option to run the memory syncronously, instead of at fsb+33...
Join the revolution! Eliminate floppy drives forever! Buy a $20 compact flash reader and a couple CF cards. These come in internal designs that you can put in a 3 1/2" or 5 1/4" bay, as well as external! Encourage motherboard manufacturers to include this with their boards. It's a cheap PCB, folks. It shouldn't add more than $5 to the cost.
Please feel free to copy this and put it in your own sig.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!