AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 4th March, 2003, 10:24 PM

Send a message via ICQ to BigRed Send a message via AIM to BigRed Send a message via Yahoo to BigRed

Imagine if the celeron really was 66mhz fsb...
/me pukes
The fastest 66mhz fsb celeron I beleive was 766mhz. Since your board only supports 66mhz fsb look for that cpu if your mobo can support it.
Otherwise keep the tualatin celeron and keep an eye out for a tualatin mobo or a cheap bx (that supports 100mhz+ fsb) and use that adapter I linked to
Old 9th March, 2003, 10:47 PM

Cool LX

I see this two ways, #1, the ad definately says Tualtin, and a minimum amount of research would have stopped you from the purchase to begin with. my gawd, you have an LX board. there were a couple of LX boards that actually had the 100FSB option, rare, but if you have one and the adaptor, then the odds of running the processor at full speed go up a bit.

#2, with the Slocket adaptors for Slot 1 boards, you can adjust the voltage DOWN to the Tualatin's meager requirements, even though the slot is pumping the volts...................

#3, there is a distinct possibilty with the correct adaptor you could run it anyway, your problem will come with HD data corruption at the 83FSB (prolly max and an undocumented setting, maybe 75 only max), or the above mentioned 100FSB.

It won't post as a Tualatin, but as an unspecified processor running at XXX speed. You need the correct bios to see the Tualatin as a tually and I doubt seriously if any LX board has an updated bios for Tualatins.

Last time I cruised the internet for compatible boards, about $60US would get you in either flavor of the Asus boards (the C and T series), and then the clocking could begin in earnest, especially with the five second wire in the ziff socket trick.

Good luck, sounds like the vendor is wondering out loud why you bought it in the first place.

baldy
Old 10th March, 2003, 06:26 PM

I wouldnt bother trying to mod a board to get it working.

just put it back up an ebay and sell the bugger.

Best of luck in the future all my friends.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th March, 2003, 07:20 PM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via ICQ to Betty Send a message via MSN to Betty

picco, you should point out to the seller that you would not have bought it had it not been listed as 66mhz fsb.
I would have sent him the screenshot right away as well as pics of the box.
That misrepresentation is reason enough to warrant a refund, imo.

If it does get to be too much of a hassle though, take Holst's advice.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming... Boy, What a ride!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th March, 2003, 09:59 PM

Send a message via ICQ to BigRed Send a message via AIM to BigRed Send a message via Yahoo to BigRed

Quote:
Originally posted by Holst
I wouldnt bother trying to mod a board to get it working.

just put it back up an ebay and sell the bugger.
Better yet, put in the classifides
Old 14th March, 2003, 06:25 PM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via AIM to piccoLEW Send a message via MSN to piccoLEW Send a message via Yahoo to piccoLEW

well, i had a result about a week (or was it 2?) ago the guy said he would refund me the money provided i sent it back unopened, well finally today i did just that, should get to him on monday, now all i gotta do is make sure tracking number works and inform him about it... ho-hum first time i had to send something back on ebay.
Im terrible at takin stuff back, i feel guilty about anything, but i seem to have become accustomed to it cos i had to take back mp3 players to dixons when they weren't working.... the last time i took one back, was a creatve DAP, batteries wernt chargin, manager tested in store (cheeky sod) only to confirm it, but since i hate asking for money back i just got a diff. player. renews my warranty tho
Old 14th March, 2003, 07:47 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

e-bay can be great, but you REALLY have to have all your ducks in a row when buying from those you do not know...no easy thing when it comes to computer parts if your just starting out. Good luck on the refund!
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 14th March, 2003, 11:45 PM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via AIM to piccoLEW Send a message via MSN to piccoLEW Send a message via Yahoo to piccoLEW

actually, its the 1st thing i got that didnt have a proper picture of the product, just had celeron logo, usually i make a rule of thumb, no pic, then dont bother, but he had a decent profile so i went in for it.
Old 15th March, 2003, 01:58 AM
Member/Contributer

It looks to me like he was advertising one item and shipping another. The description was deceptive. A mistake I'm sure but deceptive non the less.

As a buyer you should be able rely on what a seller submits as a description. Plane and simple it is. Anything less is fraud.

Save all of the e-mails and pictures. Contact e-bay fraud dept if you don't get satisfaction.

What I really don't like is the turn in his demeanor. First he tells you to not open it and return it for a refund then turns around and says he won't.

I'm not shy a bit about asking for someone to honor and support what they sell. It's part of being a seller.
----------------------------------------------

Old 15th March, 2003, 03:59 AM
Member/Contributer

well, i still got the email that says he will give me a refund. he has a v. hi profile, kinda hard to make fraudulent if u ask me, but truth will out on monday, if i get money paid back into my paypal account
Old 19th March, 2003, 02:11 PM
Member/Contributer

happy ending

recieved the money into my paypal account monday...
although i had to upgrade to premier account im not bothered.
now that funded my £40 voodoo5 agp gonna try my slocket out again when it gets here.
Old 19th March, 2003, 05:30 PM
Member/Contributer

Good good, I like happy endings!