AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 71 votes, 4.46 average.
Old 31st December, 2013, 01:32 PM

As you've suggested, Justice is inclined to cater to her followers/supporters/contributors more than those that actually need her -- I suspect contributors being the most influential group. This white female Texas judge should incarcerate herself to the same establishment to which Ethan is headed. Her legal "mind" appears at best dubious, but perhaps the down time would be a restorative! We're looking at civil suites against the malefactor and his family, sounds good to me. May they keelhaul the worthless pieces of jetsam. I've no quibble with the "judge" going the same way!
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd January, 2014, 12:01 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

The wheels of justice seem to grind the bones of the little people exceedingly fine while large chunks of "those that matter" pass through the system unchafed much less ground. Twas ever thus I fear, and shall remain so upon this best of all possible planets.
Old 2nd January, 2014, 04:18 AM

Yes, no doubt Voltaire had the right take on it.
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE

Last edited by TrevorS; 2nd January, 2014 at 04:19 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd January, 2014, 11:51 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Perhaps cold comfort can be taken because of the fact that we are destroying our only planet and it shall repay us in kind, probably long before we can alter our course enough to make a difference. Cheery, what?
Old 4th January, 2014, 02:26 AM

I would suggest we are not really destroying our planet at all, we are just a recently appeared species that seems to love making a mess. However, the planet gives not a fig. The only way we could destroy our planet would be to explode enough charges sunk deep enough below the upper crust to cause it to break up.

On the other hand, the planet and its condition provides the basis for our species' life support and we are seemingly bound and determined to make it less and less hospitable to our kind. It's kind of like deliberately evacuating oneself throughout one's personal dwelling and pretending not to notice the smell. We're not really destroying the planet, we're destroying ourselves!
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE
Old 5th January, 2014, 11:22 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Indeed, well said sir.
Old 7th January, 2014, 05:31 AM

Saw an article today regarding what could destroy us (as in our species). True, there's nuclear war, but others are a super-volcano and an asteroid impact, but perhaps the most insidious is global warming induced climate change. The planet has seen many a species extinction over time, and much as we like to preen, we are just another species. Human kind may well have the capacity to protect itself against extinction, but it's not at all clear it has the will.
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE
Old 7th January, 2014, 10:45 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Changing myself for the better is massively difficult, how can I in fairness ask all of us to change our spots?
Old 8th January, 2014, 09:23 AM

Don't know what's it's like in WA right now, but here, it's darned cold. Seems there's an Arctic air incursion down through the central states reaching as far south as Tennessee and then some. The East is just catching the edge of it, but to be sure, I could do without! Just turned off the water downstairs since the kitchen tap froze up -- first time I've ever had to do that.

I see statistically some 47% of dolphins in the Florida gulf are seriously ailing (something very new) and are not expected to survive. BP says there's no proof it has anything to do with their spill, but what would you expect their lawyers to say?
http://www.ajc.com/news/ap/environme...l-spill/ncPPL/

An out of town NC cop entered a house where a schizophrenic 90 pound 18yr old was acting up. At that time the teen was secured by two local policemen. The fresh arrival hit the teen with a tazer and then shot and killed him with a bullet. He then called it in as self protection.
http://gawker.com/cop-kills-schizoph...for-1496226889

Just another day I guess.
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE

Last edited by TrevorS; 8th January, 2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10th January, 2014, 12:58 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

It was deucedly cold in a very large slice of the US until very recently. I surely didn't envy the folks shiveringly knocking their knees together in that freezer. We had a week of real winter a few weeks ago but escaped the latest wrath from the Arctic, thankfully. A friend from Finland told me to keep the water trickling inside the house long ago, to avoid pipe damage from the cold.
Old 10th January, 2014, 03:25 AM

Yes, I've heard that as long as the water is moving it won't freeze. I can vouch for a regular drip not being enough, my kitchen faucet froze anyway. Upstairs pipes have a couple spurs that make it more complex, but I just turn them off and drain them. Bought a back up convection oil heater yesterday (a three year old one is my heat source -- sits in the kitchen). Outside temp is gradually recovering now and likewise the temp inside. Water is back on !

PS. Annoying thing is the downstairs toilet is fed from the upstairs circuit, meaning that with the upstairs water shut off, no tank toilet flushes, have to use a bucket !
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE

Last edited by TrevorS; 10th January, 2014 at 03:31 AM.
Old 11th January, 2014, 10:57 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

That very unfortunate 18 year old was an obvious great threat to state security. And the security of the state is paramount. It's wonderful that enforcers of state security can murder with impunity, thank goodness that we are kept so safe!
Wish I was ignorant of the wonders of toilets that don't work, sorry to hear that you know the joy as well. Hope that we escape another freeze like the recent one this winter, but crossed fingers may not be enough.
Old 12th January, 2014, 01:19 AM

Will be interesting to see how the shooting investigation works out. There were four witnesses, two local cops and the parents, and a dead tazered unarmed teen. Last I heard the shooter was on paid administrative leave, which is standard procedure for any shooting. I'd like to see his butt run up a flagpole and left there for a lot of years. Interested in learning the local police testimony.
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE
Old 14th January, 2014, 02:57 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

I seem to remember a justice system that was somewhat careful in its application. Of course I'm old and may remember badly. I'm sure that officer unfriendly was well within the boundaries of duty. Bet you a plugged nickel that he's back on armed duty very soon.
Old 14th January, 2014, 08:47 AM

Police group: Detective who shot N.C. teen acted justly - CNN.com
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014...-teenager?lite

What on earth has a heavily biased group such as a "Police Benevolent Society" got to do with this? How is it they are the spokespeople, providing lawyers and making judgements? Guess if you want to be a cop, NC is a good place to be.

Here's another interesting NC story:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A0A03E20140111

The officer really didn't notice a 45 automatic when frisking the kid before handcuffing him? Very interesting place NC!

PS - I read the CNN release on both above events and note their "reporting" clearly favors the police viewpoint, no wonder I much prefer Al Jazeera English for quality news reporting.
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE

Last edited by TrevorS; 14th January, 2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old 15th January, 2014, 11:30 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

I wish my prognostication was incorrect, it's great to be wrong sometimes. Ethics often flow downhill, when the preznit murders Americans without apparent qualm shouldn't the polizei have their shot at it as well?
Old 16th January, 2014, 04:08 AM

Well, speaking for myself, I'm not going to shed a tear over American citizens who choose to join anti-American terrorist groups (even actively recruit new adherents) and get hit by a drone overseas. I'm unable to view police execution of a subdued 90 pound teen and another in handcuffs (wanted for trespassing) as being even vaguely comparable. A 45 automatic is a big bulky weapon, impossible to miss in a half competent frisk. Commission of non-criminal acts should not result in execution. The possibility of such should not be within police purview (even on the raw side)!http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2014...tore-cops?lite cops - U.S. News. Killings on the daily strip, appear not that exceptional (though absolutely devastating for those involved).

Any possibility some measure of "civilization" can be introduced that the intruders can at least begin to appreciate the injury they perpetuate? What is less human than the the horror dealt by "humans" unto other humans?
256MB PC133Turbo
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE

Last edited by TrevorS; 16th January, 2014 at 12:50 PM.
Old 18th January, 2014, 04:50 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Execution without legal justification is unacceptable. We used to have courts and juries, putting oneself above the law means that there is no legal restraint upon the executioner. It seems to me that no legal restraint means no Constitution. Not at all an equitable situation.
Old 18th January, 2014, 06:04 AM

When one takes up terrorism and terrorists around you get killed, getting killed oneself shouldn't be a big surprise, not even to family. Sixteen people at a Kabul restaurant died Saturday due to a suicide bomber who blew open the doors and two gunmen who entered and started shooting. Taliban of course. Where was the due process for those who died? Everyone has the right to join a terrorist organization, but there's no guarantee of either long life or due process, the real world doesn't occur that way.

Edit -- 22 people killed Sunday in Bannu, Pakistan by Al Queda and no doubt every one of those unfortunate perpetrators deserves due process? What about those murdered?
Abit Rocket 100
WinXPsp2/Win98SE

Last edited by TrevorS; 19th January, 2014 at 12:06 PM.
Old 20th January, 2014, 12:08 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

To the best of my knowledge what's his face's 16 year old kid wasn't a terrorist, and just because "they" don't have a formal system of justice, does this excuse our settling for a lack of one?
What we do over there comes home. Why just last week an enforcer of the law murdered an eighteen year old boy and walked away with no consequences.

Tags
case badge