AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th August, 2003, 03:30 AM

MotherBoard And Chip Package??

Motherboard And Chip Package????
Does Anyone Know where i can get a motherboard and chip package? im having trouble trying to pick a good one too and ive only seen like two packages but i would like to know where are some good packages cheap or whatever doesn't have to be cheap
Old 6th August, 2003, 04:07 AM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

Not popular, since e-tailers rarely offer such a package with quality mobos.. More often than not, it is a cheapo mobo, low quality,few features, and they advertise a low price with the CPU. Is there a particular reason you need a package, versus buying a good mobo and cpu separately? or is it just to save money?
Old 6th August, 2003, 04:15 AM

well pretty much im scared of buying the wrong chip and stuff..
i just want a fast motherboard and chip.. could u recommend one?
or a site that will do it
Old 6th August, 2003, 04:26 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microgers87
well pretty much im scared of buying the wrong chip and stuff..
i just want a fast motherboard and chip.. could u recommend one?
or a site that will do it
Welcome to AOA Forums, Microgers87!

SteveI tells the story. Fry's has great deals on mainboard/processor combinations sometimes, but there are not too many inexpensive mainboards that can be trusted.

If you are interested in overclocking, rock bottom motherboards are out of the question--unless you are willing to go with custom BIOS's and are handy at micro-soldering!

You came to the right place, feel free to ask all the questions you want. You won't be flamed for asking away with abandon.
Old 6th August, 2003, 12:31 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

Two boards I recommend are 8rda+ (for budget) & nf7s (for greater potential). New versions can handle the latest CPUs ... eg. Barton 400fsb.

The new Epox KT600 board is feature packed and inexpensive... I'd be tempted to recommend that one too, but I have no experience with it.
Old 6th August, 2003, 04:35 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Is this AMD subversion, or what? Maybe Microgers87 wants recommendations for P4's and the mainboards that support 'em? He posted the same Q in AMD Mainboards and Processor's, ya see.

Intel maestro's, come on down!