AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 15th August, 2003, 12:18 PM

4pca3+

I hope Epox will release a new bios fpr 4pca3+ son i have just install a
Prometeia Mach1 and my cpu temp say 81c
Old 17th August, 2003, 11:45 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bird
I hope Epox will release a new bios fpr 4pca3+ son i have just install a
Prometeia Mach1 and my cpu temp say 81c

Welcome to AOA Forums, T-Bird!

81C would make me quite uneasy. However, if you don't have spontaneous reboots under load, processor temperature is OK. All the same, let's hope that a BIOS update that fixes this is available soon.
Old 21st August, 2003, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloasters
Welcome to AOA Forums, T-Bird!

81C would make me quite uneasy. However, if you don't have spontaneous reboots under load, processor temperature is OK. All the same, let's hope that a BIOS update that fixes this is available soon.
I couldn't agree more. I have the 4PCA3+, and it's one revision doesn;t really address much. Do you know how to test the Microfreezer head toensure it's working?

Simply unplug everything. Leaving only the Prometia, and the PSU. Short pin's 13/14 or 14/15 and insure the "yellow/black" DC line which powers LED, and Fans on Radiator is attached to PSU, Then plug in Prommie, and wait and watch as the Microfreezer temp drops. Don't lte it get much below -40C, just long enough to place your finger there to ensure it's working. As long as it is, the 81C your seeing in BIOS is most liekly an error. Still i do know what your saying, it be quite nerve-racking to sit and guess where the on-die temp really is. So long as you've made good contact between Microfreezer-head, and CPU IHS, or Core (AMD) then yourn most likely safe. The test i just described is printed in the Prometeia manual.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!