AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th April, 2004, 07:14 PM

P4P800 Deluxe - Port A is down?

Er well. Yeah basically, I check Event Viewer and in there, it seems after every boot up, I get "EL2000" which says, "Port A is down".

I googled it and came up with this anyone got any ideas?

Also my net doesn't initialise when I use an ethernet cable, I get some errors on startup, though I don't know whether the cable is the correct one or not, just some random one I had laying around...
Old 9th April, 2004, 02:27 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

The miraculous 100/1000 built-in LAN doesn't work for me, either. I just slapped an old Intel PCI 10/100 LAN card into the machine. No probs. From now on, I'll be more sceptical about Wowsa! features built-in to mainboards.
Old 9th April, 2004, 08:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to scottman Send a message via MSN to scottman

Send the board back.
Try updating the Bios.
Try changing the bios Setting
Try different drivers
i had a thing with my mb it crashed when i put my PCI ADSL modem in and put the drivers i gave up in the end and put it in my sisters system and networked the net to me
ATI HIS 9800 Pro IceQ BRAND NEW CARD REPLACED
120 gig Sata 80 gig ATA
Logitech Z5300
Housed in Thermaltake Xaser III 2000A
550 watt Antec True Control
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th April, 2004, 02:57 AM

Send a message via AIM to barneygumble742 Send a message via Yahoo to barneygumble742

i have the same board except its not the deluxe version. but has the same 3com integrated lan. fortunately, mine works perfectly. i loaded the drivers that came with the board and it works fine. i also upgraded the latest drivers off the asus site.

have you tried the 3com nic doctor utility that comes with the cd?

i'm assuming that you have the 3com lan chip. mine does.
32in + 24in LCD
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28th May, 2004, 02:32 AM

Yea i have recently bought my ifrst pc form cyberpower. (yea my next one i will likely build myself.) So far I love the vomputer but the builtiin lan is a little laggy for me.I dont know if it is the same/similar problem and i like the idea of slapping in an other card. My problem is - The internet usualy works fine. SOmeitmes it says that all pages except google arnt found. Google search works fine. When I try to connect to my mac it taks liek 30 - 50 second to connect. Well i dont know waht to say but any advice/fix soundls like it oculd help us both.