AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 14th November, 2004, 11:20 PM

not a greedy bastard? once you get your cpu to 3.0ghz you WILL want more. lol.
the software to check your cpu speed etc, is CPUID you can get it at cpuid.com, thats the best software which is free it will tell you all the specs of your computer. for overclocking the p4sd-la motherboard i will send you ***Edited by Gizmo***************************** and cpuclock (little program which just measures your fsb and clock speed.) it might take a while because my email *yahoo* is not attaching files right now, i will send it to you within 2-3days or less.

Shuttle SN26P Nforce 4 SLI
AMD Opteron Denmark 175 Dual Core
Corsair XMS 1024MB DDR PC3200XL
Evga 7800GT Copper Edition
Western Digital 250GB NCQ SATAII 16MB CACHE
NEC 3540A

Last edited by Gizmo; 23rd December, 2004 at 11:15 PM. Reason: We don't promote illegal file and key distribution
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 15th November, 2004, 12:12 PM

Kewl... thx
AMD64 3200+ @ 2280mHz(228x10)
1.0G Ram(Kingston DDR400)
36GB WD Raptor 10,000rpm
ASUS 6600GT's SLi'ed (588/1098)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 20th November, 2004, 08:49 PM

does the p4sd-la have onboard sata connectors? or is it just IDE. and a question for the new sata NCQII by Seagate if i install that will it work?

NEC 3540A
Old 22nd November, 2004, 04:21 PM

Talking Sata Connector etc

Hi Freestyle1,

Well looking at this rather useless website :
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...=c00063272#top
you can see that there is SATA connectors on the mobo.

I am trotting off to the shops to buy a Sata cable to explore if this actually works, so I will let you know later today.

Also from reading the above, you have a version of ******* that works well with this board and c**cks etc, *****Edited by Gizmo*********, ::: netearth at gmail dot com

I will let you know if it works laters,
Chris

Last edited by Gizmo; 23rd December, 2004 at 11:16 PM. Reason: We don't promote illegal file and key distribution
Old 27th November, 2004, 09:56 PM

if i wanted to add more things to my computer to make it a gaming computer what should i buy, and i dont want to change my mobo, or processor just yet

NEC 3540A
Old 23rd December, 2004, 11:30 AM

hey freestyle1 can you ****edited by Gizmo********* so i can oc my comp as well....................to answer your question:
well your good on memory
OC'ed cpu check
good graphics card
plenty of storage
maybe the logitech z-680 surround sound system(its pimp, i got one)
PSU is good
sound card good
**** you got pretty much all you need for gaming and a lil more.for the moment, i mean you could upgrade your ram more but really no point, uh looks as though you jus need to start on a new comp or upgrade your processor......how are you on the cooling status(like wuts your setup)........that stuff you got is really good stuff and is very valuable but the motherboard(same one i got) is not the greatest one to own but it'll do..............i say rip out the processor and M.B. and leave everything else and get new cpu and M.B.

Last edited by Gizmo; 23rd December, 2004 at 11:17 PM. Reason: We don't promote illegal file and key distribution
Old 23rd December, 2004, 11:22 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Gentlemen,

I'm sorry I had to edit your messages, but the product being referred to is commercial software, and you were discussing freely distributing both the software itself and an activation serial number for it. I'm not quite sure how this got missed for a month, but it is being dealt with now.

This cannot be allowed, as it is a direct violation of AOA's rules, not to mention illegal is most countries in the world. Do it again and you will be banned.
Old 10th January, 2005, 06:02 AM

if we added higher speed ram to our systems like pc4000 to pc4400 will it allow us to overclock our processors more, since overclocking depends on memory. another question, will the p4sd-la let us put in pc4000-4400 memory inside? newegg has some good deals on pc4000-4400 memory.

NEC 3540A
Old 11th May, 2005, 04:14 AM

ocz PC 3200 2-2-2-5 memory in hp m370n

I've purchased 1 GB (two 512 MB modules, matched pair, from OCZ at NewEgg) DDR PC 3200 for my ASUS P4SD-LA motherboard HP M370N.

The exact OCZ part is:
OCZ4001024ELDCPER2-K
PC 3200 512 MB Dual CH Platinum Rev 2.

When I put the memory in, the system won't even display the BIOS screen on power-up.

The system is currently running PC 2700 2.5-3-3-7 256 MB modules (a pair) and I was looking for a performance boost with the new memory.

Any ideas why the system won't even get off the ground with the fast memory?

Also - has anyone tried using the SATA ports on this system? Do they work? HP does not even list them on their motherboard description.
Old 20th May, 2005, 07:45 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terror
I've purchased 1 GB (two 512 MB modules, matched pair, from OCZ at NewEgg) DDR PC 3200 for my ASUS P4SD-LA motherboard HP M370N.

The exact OCZ part is:
OCZ4001024ELDCPER2-K
PC 3200 512 MB Dual CH Platinum Rev 2.

When I put the memory in, the system won't even display the BIOS screen on power-up.

The system is currently running PC 2700 2.5-3-3-7 256 MB modules (a pair) and I was looking for a performance boost with the new memory.

Any ideas why the system won't even get off the ground with the fast memory?

Also - has anyone tried using the SATA ports on this system? Do they work? HP does not even list them on their motherboard description.

A Member recently discovered that a high percentage of Zuper high performance RAM DIMMs use junk RAM chips. No wonder the heatsinks cover the fact that the junk chips have no printing on them! The stuff relies on the fact that one will over-volt the stuff to the moon to make it work.
Worse, these pie'ce du merde DIMMs don't even meet JEDEC standard.

At this point the only trustworthy manufacturer of RAM that I know of is Samsung. Samsung's chips on thirds are probably A-OK, too.
Old 8th November, 2009, 05:02 AM

Send a message via MSN to candle_86 Send a message via Yahoo to candle_86

I know this thread is old, but my main system fried totally and got a baby on the way so couldn't afford to buy new. I bought the a250n in stock config minus an HD for 40 bucks, not bad I say.

Now my now dead system ran 2gb of DDR400 1t 2-2-2-5 4x512mb DDR400 on an ASUS A8N-SLI with an x2 4200 and 9800GTX. The ram is fine, so is video, just the motherboard lost its ability to read Harddrives the IDE controller went out so I lost SATA also yay.

Now my ram works fine in that computer its all hynix runs at 1.8V and has no issues in other computers. I tried running it in this computer and no go, no boot no nothing and it kinda pisses me off. I know its good ram, did the latest bios update and traded my 9800GTX for a 200gb IDE HD, 3.2 Northwood P4 and an x800XL but im stuck with this 2x256mb of ram, anyone got any clues here. The ram is verified good ram.
Old 9th March, 2011, 08:10 AM

Arrow Resolved,mission sucess

HP Pavilion a250n
using the stock Stingray ASUS P4SD-LA mothetrboard
with the HP provided BIOS wich
locks out overclocking functions
I did do it!! Heres to success!
thanks to all your help
and the help of others on the net
i used CPUCOOL and SPEEDFAN to do it
had to bring my fan speeds up to ]
nearly 100% though because
while playing Quake Live it would
overheat to 65C and stay climbing
the chip can take roughly 72c but
im not risking it
i had my cpu at a 3.0ghz freq but decided to
drop it down to 2.8 untill i
get an aftermarket CPU cooler going to
go with a copper one for
better heat induction
the ASUS P4SD-LA has a p4 socket 478
for those wanting to upgrade CPU Cooler unit
I recromend looking on E-bay
TY AND YW to all
If you need any help
with anything
to do with this computer
(HP pavilion a250n)
message me and
i will do all i can to help you
Hpaay OCing
Old 11th March, 2011, 09:43 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Well done, it's a challenge to make proprietary mainboards dance the way YOU want them to!