AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 3rd May, 2004, 05:17 AM
perc

3.0c @ 4.12gigs

hey guys

well i finaly got my intel into my mach1 and got it all working today. im running it now at 15x275 4126.4mhz at 5:4 1.75v. im thinking i can setle in around 4.3 gigs if i tweek it and improve on a few things? what im worried about now is if 1.75v is too much even under a promie? i would love to shave some v-core off this chip but maybe im just being to paranoid? anyways check it out. whata you guys think?

peace perc,
Attached Thumbnails
3.0c @ 4.12gigs-4126mhz.jpg  
Old 3rd May, 2004, 06:19 AM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Pour it in there lad! Make it beg!

And bear in mind that you are hearing this from the guy who has so far killed two NF7-S, one AN-7, one 3200+, two 2500+, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd May, 2004, 10:41 AM
perc

LOL yeah thats cool i had a feeling someone would tell me that! so your saying that 1.75v v-core is for puss@#s? lol yeah i hear you man ill try some more juice whats the worse that could happen? im an amd peep anyways.....

thx perc,
Old 3rd May, 2004, 02:46 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Keep an eye on your chip temps. Also, at some point the chip will most likely become unstable from the voltage and increasing the voltage further will only increase the temp without improving stability. This will occur because you are starting to reach the avalanche threshold. Once you reach this point you are risking permanent damage to your chip, so back off. But even 4.1 GHz is pretty respectable, from what I have read.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd May, 2004, 04:09 PM
Member/Contributer

Good overclock, is it stable at that speed`? (like with folding@home or similar)
Old 3rd May, 2004, 10:54 PM
perc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
Good overclock, is it stable at that speed`? (like with folding@home or similar)

yes and no to be honest with you. i mean i can run anything so far but every once in a while it will reboot so we all know that makes it unstable. i have been playing with the divider options and instead of running the chip at 5:4 4.12gigs 1.75v i decided to try 1:1 and see how close to 4 gigs i could get just using the cpu's defualt v-core and 3759.4mhz is what i got it up to so far. this is stable so far and i have to only use 1.55v so that makes me feel alot safer with it like this even though i do run the mach1 and temps arent a problem even when i do run it at 4.12 gigs and 1.75v. i figure i dont have to run it so high when just surfin and all so ill just use the higher settings for when i benchmark and lower it back down when im just farting around. ok guys thx for you help and advice...

thx perc,
Old 3rd May, 2004, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perc
so your saying that 1.75v v-core is for puss@#s?
LOL!!

HA HA HA HA sorry if i laughed 2 much.

hey perc!! I thought you were going for the bartonXP + Prommy project. Plan changed?? I was waiting for your return.. Hey anyways, that's fine.. none of my damn business ha ha ha ha That's a nice high clock there with your P4!
ATi X1950XTX 512 CrossFire
Triple WD Raptor 10k HDDs@ raid 0
50" Panasonic Plasma TH50PHD7UY
50" Panasonic Plasma TH50PH9UK
BetterCable SilverSerpent SVGA & DVI-D
Sony BWU-100A Blu-Ray PC Drive

p4 - superPi - 31 sec.
pM - superPi - 28 sec.
conroe - superPi - 14 sec.
Old 4th May, 2004, 12:23 AM
perc

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever
LOL!!

HA HA HA HA sorry if i laughed 2 much.

hey perc!! I thought you were going for the bartonXP + Prommy project. Plan changed?? I was waiting for your return.. Hey anyways, that's fine.. none of my damn business ha ha ha ha That's a nice high clock there with your P4!

i am my nf7 and stuff is getting volt modded as soon as i get it back and the amd kit ill be yanking the intel and using the barton rig. just hard to let that thing sit without atleast playing with it....

peace perc,
Old 4th May, 2004, 12:33 AM

ok perc.

p4 - superPi - 31 sec.
pM - superPi - 28 sec.
Old 4th May, 2004, 02:09 AM
perc

Quote:
ok perc.

LOL youl see man no way am i out of the game that easy!!

perc,
Old 4th May, 2004, 02:47 AM

that's not what i meant, perc.

p4 - superPi - 31 sec.
pM - superPi - 28 sec.
Old 4th May, 2004, 03:12 AM
perc

Quote:
that's not what i meant, perc.

oh i know man just havin fun thats all ...

peace perc,
Old 11th May, 2004, 11:49 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to dpgdog187 Send a message via MSN to dpgdog187

If Mach Systems can do it, you can

Forget that bro, mach systems has been market a 3.4 o'c to 4.003. If you can get to that speed without the ridiculous cost go for it. Sure eventually it may damage the chip but look at how much you paid for it. Your systems probably in between $800-$1600, theirs starts at around $8000 after tax.

YO DA MAN
Old 12th May, 2004, 12:33 AM
perc

you mean they sell systems called "mach" units starting at 8 grand for an oced 3.4 to 4 gigs? i think i have seen these systems you speak of? that is crazzy they would sell em oced to the hilt like that and even crazzyer that people would buy them! i see what your sayin and it makes sense.....

thx perc,