AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 22nd May, 2004, 06:27 AM
perc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo
Just go to www.team45.info. All is explained there.

no problem ill get it going as soon as i get a chance....

thx perc,
Old 22nd May, 2004, 06:38 AM
perc

ok here we go 4gigs at 15x270 1.66v 5:4 i think this can go about 200mhz more without running into any problems? im going to run this thru the wringer and check for stableness if it passes then ill move on....

peace perc,
Attached Thumbnails
i just scored me a 3.0E ES :0)-4gigs.jpg  
Old 22nd May, 2004, 01:10 PM
perc

well shes stable as a rock at these speeds but man check out the temps under a load im under a mach1 and im reaching 18c!! thats crazzy i dont see me keeping this cpu too long at all. im probly going to find the cpu's max oc run a few benchmarks then sell it? seeings how its an es sample im sure ill get all my money back out of it np at all? anyways im not ready to call it quits just yet so stay tuned....

peace perc,
Attached Thumbnails
i just scored me a 3.0E ES :0)-wow.jpg  
Old 22nd May, 2004, 01:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to NeVeRmiNd

ROFL. Poor cat.
Old 23rd May, 2004, 01:38 PM
perc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeVeRmiNd
ROFL. Poor cat.

lol yeah he doesnt look happy does he!?!? never realized how thick a cat fur is until i seen that pic? damm things all skin under that fur!

anyways guys im going to sell this chip no need dealing with all this heat when the performance is sub-par to the C series chips. i would have hung on to the thing if it atleast had somthing to offer as far as better performace then its younger brother the C series but intel had gone backwards on this chip im afraid! maybe they will make a few changes to this core in the future but right now id have to say its just not worth the money....

*edit*

i made a little prgress today when i tried out this stick of pc4200 ocz performance series i had and to my surprise im able to run 15x270 4054.8mhz at 1.5v 1:1 .... not bad if you ask me? im going to give the 3:2 divider a shot just for a max oc out of the chip i dont know if im going to realy sell thids thing or not? just to early to tell right now so i think i will hang on to it a little longer...

peace perc,
Attached Thumbnails
i just scored me a 3.0E ES :0)-4gigd-1_1.jpg  

Last edited by perc; 23rd May, 2004 at 05:25 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 23rd May, 2004, 05:25 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Have you run any benchies? The rumor mill says that the Prescott is supposed to have superior performance to the Northwoods when you get the frequency up over about 3.2 GHz or so. I don't believe it, but it would be nice to have some verification.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 23rd May, 2004, 07:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to NeVeRmiNd

Quick question.....what's the highest speed (GHz) anyone has ever been able to clock any processor?
Old 23rd May, 2004, 10:50 PM
perc

Quote:
Have you run any benchies? The rumor mill says that the Prescott is supposed to have superior performance to the Northwoods when you get the frequency up over about 3.2 GHz or so. I don't believe it, but it would be nice to have some verification.

well i can tell you this so far with my benchmarking these prescotts are not faster then the northwood! i ran a cpu test in sandra and my score at 3800mhz was 1088points where as with the same speed with my 3.0c i got 1288points... i will do some more tests and post the results so you guys can see for your self..

peace perc,
Old 23rd May, 2004, 11:41 PM
perc

ok here is a 4278mhz screen shot for you guys.. im shooting for 4500mhz. i will also start posting some super Pi shots and other benchmark screenies just let me know what you guys wanna see?

peace perc,
Attached Thumbnails
i just scored me a 3.0E ES :0)-4278mhz-3_2.jpg  
Old 24th May, 2004, 01:11 AM
perc

ok here is a cpu test using my 3.0C at 255x15 @ 3800mhx 1:1 i will post my 3.0E es score next to show you the differance in the two cpu's at the same speeds? i think you will be surprised at how much differance there is!!

peace perc,
Attached Thumbnails
i just scored me a 3.0E ES :0)-3800mhz-cpu-test-for-3_0c-chip.jpg  
Old 24th May, 2004, 01:12 AM
perc

now here is my 3.9E ES screen shot of sandra cpu test at 255x15 @ 3800mhz 1:1 just like i ran the 3.0c. now notice the differnace in scores...

perc,
Attached Thumbnails
i just scored me a 3.0E ES :0)-3800mhz-3_es-cpu-test.jpg  
Old 24th May, 2004, 01:16 AM
perc

now here is a memory shot of the 3.0E es using the same settings as above...

perc,
Attached Thumbnails
i just scored me a 3.0E ES :0)-3_0e-es-memory-score-255-1_1.jpg  
Old 24th May, 2004, 01:18 AM
perc

now here is the memory test using the 3.0C running the same 255 at 1:1 as the 3.0E... these scores are a little closer to each other infact they are so close they could easily sway and direction....

peace perc,
Attached Thumbnails
i just scored me a 3.0E ES :0)-3_0c-memory-test-at-1_1-255.jpg  
Old 24th May, 2004, 01:45 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by perc
no problem ill get it going as soon as i get a chance....

thx perc,
No thank YOU!!!
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Old 24th May, 2004, 02:17 AM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

According to these, the Prescott is between 5 and 12 percent SLOWER than the Northwood at the same freq?! So to get the performance of a 3.2 GHz Northwood, I'd have to get a 3.4 GHz Prescott!

Well, that actually doesn't come as all that much of a shock to me, but that sure flies in the face of what has been running around the rumor mill. The only way you can come out on this thing, looks like, is if you can overclock it more than you can a Northwood. Otherwise, there is really little point in getting a Prescott, especially considering the amount of heat it generates.
Old 24th May, 2004, 02:42 AM
perc

Quote:
According to these, the Prescott is between 5 and 12 percent SLOWER than the Northwood at the same freq?! So to get the performance of a 3.2 GHz Northwood, I'd have to get a 3.4 GHz Prescott!

Well, that actually doesn't come as all that much of a shock to me, but that sure flies in the face of what has been running around the rumor mill. The only way you can come out on this thing, looks like, is if you can overclock it more than you can a Northwood. Otherwise, there is really little point in getting a Prescott, especially considering the amount of heat it generates.

that is exactly my point! that is why i wont keep this chip. once im done playing with it i will for sure off this thing to someone else that wants to see for them self the prescott just isnt worth the money or the heat this thing puts out...

peace perc,
Old 24th May, 2004, 10:15 AM

Send a message via AIM to scottman Send a message via MSN to scottman

what did u mount the air CPU fan thats on the Chipset with i have a AMD stock fan u think i should put it on my MAX 3
ATI HIS 9800 Pro IceQ BRAND NEW CARD REPLACED
120 gig Sata 80 gig ATA
Logitech Z5300
Housed in Thermaltake Xaser III 2000A
550 watt Antec True Control
Old 24th May, 2004, 10:29 AM
perc

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottman
what did u mount the air CPU fan thats on the Chipset with i have a AMD stock fan u think i should put it on my MAX 3

thats not a cpu cooler on the chipset its made by thermalrite its like a mini 900U go to newegg.com they have them for 12 bucks the kit comes with the mounting kit for intels and amd mbs.

peace perc,
Attached Thumbnails
i just scored me a 3.0E ES :0)-picture-019.jpg