AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 17th May, 2004, 01:53 AM
perc

i just scored me a 3.0E ES :0)

hey guys

well i got lucky the other day looking thru some threads and came across a guy selling a 3.0E ES. now for you intel guys you know how damm hard it is to find ES chips so you can relate when i say HELL YES!!!! i cant wait to play with this bad boy. i just hope it isnt a major disapointment? ive read many war storys about the prescott but i think ill be alright due to the fact i will be running this cpu in a mach1 and not trying to cool the thing with air. anyways ill keep you guys posted on how she oc's and all the usal stuff that goes along with a new toy

later guys, perc...
Old 19th May, 2004, 03:51 AM
perc

whats a matter guys no love for a prescott? hey its a ES sample the damm thing is unlocked!! i have big plans for this thing i just hope i can cool the thing? whata you guys think? anyone in here running a prescott? lets have some opinions? i need to hear how you guys like the chip?

peace perc,
Old 19th May, 2004, 04:44 AM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Actually, I think we were waiting for you to tell us either how great it is, or how much it stinks.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 19th May, 2004, 10:29 AM
perc

oh lol i have to get the thing first! should have it this week some time ill keep you guys posted...

peace perc,
Old 21st May, 2004, 10:56 AM
perc

ok i just got the thing installed and she seems to be a nice one? so far i have only been testing the chips oc in 1:1 i havent tried 5:4 or 3:2 yet. now what i did first was see how high the chip would oc on its defualt v-core (1.34v) i was able to reach 12x250 3831mhz 1.34v but she would reboot 10 mins into folding or any type of load so i had to raise the v-core to 1.5v wich made her rock stable. here is a few screen shots. ill post more later.....

peace perc,
Attached Thumbnails
i just scored me a 3.0E ES :0)-3831mhz.jpg  
Old 21st May, 2004, 11:46 AM
perc

no doubt these things run hotttt look at this screenie this is the temp with the system under a load. now keep in mind this is with a mach1 cooling this chip. im running 255x15 3831mhz 1.5v in this screen shot. just goes to show how important having extreme cooling is when running these prescott chips...

peace perc,
Attached Thumbnails
i just scored me a 3.0E ES :0)-11c.jpg  
Old 22nd May, 2004, 12:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to NeVeRmiNd

Lol. I love the icon next to the "My Documents" icon. (in the first pic) Nice one. Lmao.
Old 22nd May, 2004, 04:12 AM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Can you get us some pics of your setup, Perc?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22nd May, 2004, 04:59 AM
perc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo
Can you get us some pics of your setup, Perc?

sure man heres a few right here...

*nevermind*
oh you mean this pic right here funny story behind that one. i was on a friends ftp and seen a jpg named "shaved p***y" and this is what i got!!! hehehehe good one if you ask me!

peace perc,
Attached Thumbnails
i just scored me a 3.0E ES :0)-shaved-pussy.jpg  

Last edited by perc; 22nd May, 2004 at 05:07 AM.
Old 22nd May, 2004, 05:00 AM
perc

ok heres one of th emb on the tray ready to go in the case...

perc,
Attached Thumbnails
i just scored me a 3.0E ES :0)-picture-025.jpg  
Old 22nd May, 2004, 05:01 AM
perc

ok heres the mb tray in the system

perc,
Attached Thumbnails
i just scored me a 3.0E ES :0)-picture-026.jpg  
Old 22nd May, 2004, 05:04 AM
perc

heres a better shot of the system

perc,
Attached Thumbnails
i just scored me a 3.0E ES :0)-picture-028.jpg  
Old 22nd May, 2004, 05:07 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by perc
sure man heres a few right here... oh you like this pic right here funny story behind that one....

peace perc,
WOW! He looks THOROUGHLY P.O.ed!
Old 22nd May, 2004, 05:09 AM
perc

heres a shot of the whole thing. now sory about the quality if theres any other angle just let me know ill be glad to snap a pic for you...

perc,
Attached Thumbnails
i just scored me a 3.0E ES :0)-picture-001.jpg  
Old 22nd May, 2004, 05:11 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Front page!

http://www.aoaforums.com
Old 22nd May, 2004, 05:14 AM
perc

@gizmo

man thx alot ive never had that before!!

ok well now that ive played with the 1:1 divider lets see if how far into 4 gigs we can go? i say atleast 4.12gigs but who knows? ill post some more results as i get them.... stay tuned

peace perc,

Last edited by perc; 22nd May, 2004 at 05:33 AM.
Old 22nd May, 2004, 06:01 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by perc
whats a matter guys no love for a prescott? hey its a ES sample the damm thing is unlocked!! i have big plans for this thing i just hope i can cool the thing? whata you guys think? anyone in here running a prescott? lets have some opinions? i need to hear how you guys like the chip?

peace perc,
Yeah but, how does it fold for team 45?!?!?
Rob
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Old 22nd May, 2004, 06:11 AM
perc

oh it folds good! all my rigs fold even the oced ones! what good would a rig be if it didnt fold? id be glad to fold for team 45 just let me know?

peace perc,
Old 22nd May, 2004, 06:19 AM
EPoX Tech

Would be a pleasure to have you fould for the house team PERC - cheers indeed!
Old 22nd May, 2004, 06:20 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

Just go to www.team45.info. All is explained there.