AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 31st May, 2004, 06:33 PM

oc an msi 865gm2ls

i have an msi 865gm2ls mobo with a p4 2.66 an a a-bit siluro fx 5900 i would like some advice on my next oc move i have the chip up to 3gig it is stable and not any hotter running on a fsb of 150 the fx 5900 seems stable but i cant check the temp ,the core clock frequency is 444 and the memmory clock frequency is at 922 combine these two together and i get a 3d mark 03 score of 5997 pc m04 4119 and an aqua mark of 43,877 i would like to know if watercooling would help, my temps are pretty ok at the moment, but i would like to go further and faster i am pretty new to this so would like some advice before i fry the whole lot i have heard that comps were for playing games on, thats no fun take it apart and play
Old 8th June, 2004, 04:28 AM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via MSN to alexkerhead

yes, it would help a lot, that is if you are willing to overclock to some major speeds.
Those scores are awesome, so take it easy until you get water cooling.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!