AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 2nd June, 2004, 03:05 AM
perc

270 1:1 memory scores

hey guys

today i just got a pair of pc4200 OCZ performance series for my intel rig. i decided to grab a pair of these cause my geil pc4000 wasnt cutting it when tryin for max oc in 1:1. now with my geil pc4000 sticks 260 was about max i could get DC at 1:1 so i decided to try out a pair of pc4200 to see if there was a differance or not? turns out im able to reach 270 at 1:1 so far DC and the memory scores arent half bad either... check em out while i go and see if i can get more out of these things? i would love to see 300 but somthing tells me that with a multi of 15x and a voltage cap of 2.8v im not going to make it? but i sures hell can try!!! anyways have a peek at the sandra memory score and let me know what you think? not bad for loose timmings if you ask me?

peace perc,
Attached Thumbnails
270 1:1 memory scores-6326-270-1-1.jpg  
Old 2nd June, 2004, 03:45 AM
perc

ok heres a shot at 250 1:1 unbuffered i will do a run at 270 unbuffered later....

peace perc,
Attached Thumbnails
270 1:1 memory scores-250-1_1-unbuffered.jpg  
Old 3rd June, 2004, 03:52 AM

Send a message via ICQ to SPQQKY Send a message via AIM to SPQQKY

Nice run, perc. Too bad about your Geil, my Geil pc4000 Ultra did 276MHz 1:1 2.5-4-4-7 with 2.9v's. The OCZ sounds likes it's pretty good, but I just can't bring myself to ever buy their products again after a few bad experiences. Here is my Geil at 276
Attached Thumbnails
270 1:1 memory scores-memmax.jpg  
BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC
Soundblaster Audigy Gamer
ENERMAX EG565AX-VEFMA2.0-SLI ATX12V 535W
3 x Seagate Barracuda 300GB SATA150
160 Gig Seagate Barracuda
Asus Ageia PhysX graphics unit
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 3rd June, 2004, 10:52 AM
perc

damm looks like your geil ultra treat you a litte better? how the hell did you get 2.5cas? IF i remeber correctly my geil 4000 series wouldnt run on anything but 3,4,4,8? damm nice score too... well i can see i have a little work to do still!

peace perc,
Old 4th June, 2004, 03:32 AM

Default timings for the Geil Ultra Platinum pc4000 is 2.5-4-4-7, I simply kept it there and upped the clock until it wasn't stable anymore. Also, I don't think your unbuffered scores can be correct, did you uncheck all 9 items?
BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th June, 2004, 12:40 AM
perc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPQQKY
Default timings for the Geil Ultra Platinum pc4000 is 2.5-4-4-7, I simply kept it there and upped the clock until it wasn't stable anymore. Also, I don't think your unbuffered scores can be correct, did you uncheck all 9 items?

no i just unchecked the one that said buffer ? what exactly am i suposed to uncheck? that was the first time i ran an unbuffered test so it is verry posible i screwed up ill re-run the test once i know what im suposed to uncheck?

thx perc,
Old 5th June, 2004, 02:55 AM

Uncheck the boxes like the one in the image below.
Attached Thumbnails
270 1:1 memory scores-unbuff.jpg  
BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC
Old 5th June, 2004, 03:09 AM
perc

Quote:
Uncheck the boxes like the one in the image below.

LOL ok man i had only unchecked one box! oh well you live and learn.... ill run some unbuffered tests later right now i got the ocz stuff installed. oh hey you ever see this memory right here?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...211-122&depa=0

they used to have the dual kits but it looks like they sold out of them so im going to have to buy two sticks seprate? anyways ive heard good things about this stuff and its not a bad price for 512 sticks either. i mean 110 bucks for 1gig worth of memory hell yeah!! anyways thx for the help ill deff try it the way you sugested....

*edit* oh **** those are 256 sticks my bad.... still a good price.

peace perc,
Attached Thumbnails
270 1:1 memory scores-a-data-pc4000.jpg  
Old 5th June, 2004, 08:13 PM

Just ordered two of the 256MB sticks. We'll see what they do on my AI7.
BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC
Old 6th June, 2004, 06:46 AM
perc

Quote:
Just ordered two of the 256MB sticks. We'll see what they do on my AI7.

so did i man. just order them tonight should have them sometime next week? let me know how yours run? ill do the same. i just got my nf7 back today and started to install the thing when i noticed there was a wire that had borken loose so now i have to go out and buy a freakin sodering iron to fix the wire... oh well if thats all the work i have to do to it then im lucky!

peace perc,
Old 8th June, 2004, 04:07 AM

From all the reviews I read on the A-data, it looks like 275 will not be a problem with this RAM. In fact, seems the average is about 280 and some are reporting as high as 300+ (DDR 600)! Most people even get between 270-280 with tighter timings, like 2.5-3-4-7. I am hoping my sticks will be lucky ones (of course it's all in the luck of the draw). My cpu will probably crap out before the RAM.
BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC
Old 8th June, 2004, 11:33 AM
perc

Quote:
From all the reviews I read on the A-data, it looks like 275 will not be a problem with this RAM. In fact, seems the average is about 280 and some are reporting as high as 300+ (DDR 600)! Most people even get between 270-280 with tighter timings, like 2.5-3-4-7. I am hoping my sticks will be lucky ones (of course it's all in the luck of the draw). My cpu will probably crap out before the RAM.

yup that is exactly what i read too... tell me did you buy this memory cause i showed it to you or have you had your eye on it for a while now? ive seen many people talk about it but never could find the stuff and once i seen the stuff for 55 a pop i couldnt refuse. mi stick will be here weds acording to fed-ex tracking info how about yours? you should already have yours you order before me? keep me posted as i will do the same...

peace perc,
Old 8th June, 2004, 11:43 PM
perc

here is a thread that i read about a guy with a pair of a-data pc4000 512 sticks. he getting 302 1:1 wich is outragous! i dont think this 3.0c that i have now will be able to take advantge of these new sticks? im looking to off this chip and try another one. this one is good and all but i want more my memory will be here weds or thur so i will post results when i get them....

http://www.xtremeresources.com/forum...ad.php?t=32039

peace perc,
Old 10th June, 2004, 12:24 AM
perc

ok mine showed up today lets play with them! ill post back some results...

perc.
Old 10th June, 2004, 02:20 AM

Lucky bugger. Looks like mine won't be here 'til tomorrow. I'll test mine first in the AI7 to see how high they'll go low voltage for my IC7-G and then crank up the volts and test the max, though like I said, I think my 2.8 will max out before the RAM. I don't think I'll get 4 GHz on air

But then I have never tested this chip with 1:1 ratio on high fsb, 5:4 divider can cause instability on some boards and I haven't had the Geil since I got the new P4, the 276Hz screenie was done on my old 2.6 and some cold air, which I could never get to boot on the 4pca3+ that high with 5:4.

Good luck with those sticks, post back soon.
BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC
Old 10th June, 2004, 03:03 AM
perc

well i got them installed and 270 is a breeze going to try for more wish me luck. these things are realy nice man im going to order another pair! just wait til you get them man you love the red pcb and the single sidedness. i think my intel loves single sidded memory....

peace perc,

Last edited by perc; 12th June, 2004 at 12:17 AM.
Old 10th June, 2004, 03:40 AM
perc

@spqqy

man dude this stuff is nice. i cant even explain it to you! before with my ocz pc4200 and this 3.0c i could NOT run 270 1:1 no matter what i did voltage wise it would just lock up sooner or later where as this new adata stuff has been chuggin along running my folding prog and me surfin at 270 1:1 now for about an hour. thats alot beter then i could do with any of my other memorys. oh **** i see you have the ic7-g max advance mb? i just picked one up it looks just like my ic7 i have now? how do you like it? does it have any differnt voltage options then my ic7? i cant wait to check it out... anyways man just wanted to say "hell yeah this a-data **** rocks much arse!" i will be ordering another pair of 256 this week for damm sure! let me know if your experiance is a good as mine with this stuff?

peace perc,
Old 10th June, 2004, 04:42 AM

I'm jealous, I got an e-mail Sunday night with a tracking number...? Of course there was no info at the time, but it took 36 hours just to leave Jersey from Monday to Tuesday!?!?!? Anyway, looks like it is just around the corner now, so it should be here for sure tomorrow. I am hoping to get 270 as well or a bit better. Have you tried tightening up the timings yet?

The IC7-G MaxII has the same voltage adjustment as the regular IC7. The Max3 is the only one with higher voltages. That's why I wanna test the Adata at lower voltages on the AI7 and then move up a bit for max OCing, but if you are getting 270 with your board, I should expect the same with my IC7, which has got to be the best board I have ever used, it just seems to click right along without the slightest hiccup, no matter what I throw at it.
BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC
Old 10th June, 2004, 04:57 AM
perc

yeah man my IC7 has proven to be a trooper! i love this IC7 i wouldnt trade it for the world! now these adata are getting this 270 at 1:1 and 2.8v i have not tried higher yet but i have a funny feeling they will go alot higher!! im going to try 275 and then 280 IF i get 280 1:1 im going to ****! i know that link i posted a few posts back shows this guy getting 302 1:1 but he probly had a 2.4c that has a multi of 12x where as im stuck at 15x so i can only get so much out of my fsb at 1:1 no mater what i use for memory! besides this cpu caps out around 4.1 4.2 so i realy dont see it going much higher then 275/280 but im damm sure going to try!!! ok man keep me posted, i thought for sure you would have yours first? i mean you did order yours a full two or three days before i did. atleast your post said you did? anyways man im sure mine are not a lucky pair? i have read many many good things about these dimms and i think that these are just under rated gems no one realy knows about....

peace perc,
Old 10th June, 2004, 06:39 AM
perc

ok one last shot before bed. i was able to reach 275 1:1 with a multi of 15x not bad not bad at all! these are faster then my ocz4200.

perc,
Attached Thumbnails
270 1:1 memory scores-this-one-1to1-275.jpg