AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 8th June, 2004, 10:10 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to heavypacker

I need a MoBo

undefinedundefinedu
ndefined
undefinedundefined
I need to know if anyone can tell me what kind of MoBo is in my computer. My system is an e-machines w2646, the chipset is 845g-inf, video is 845ge/gv but I can't find out which MoBo is in it and it is suppose to be micro atx formfactor and PCI only. I want to put in a new one in with a AGP port and also be able to use a P4/celeron CPU up to 3.2with 800 MHz front side bus.In tiger direct the d865perll looks like what I need in the catolog(matx) but on the internet it says ATX. Will this fit or do I need a new PC case. help

Thanks for your input and advice.
Old 8th June, 2004, 10:36 PM
AOA Staff

The chances are the case and mobo you have now are both ATX form. I have an old emachines case here and it is ATX.

So, any ATX form mobo should fit in your case. But the power supply unit may need to be upgraded - your existing one is probably only small. AGP and P4 may need more power.

A bigger PSU might not fit the case though.
Old 8th June, 2004, 10:43 PM
AOA Staff

Is this your PC?
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...Sku=E400-W2646

If so, it looks like it will take a bigger PSU.
Old 8th June, 2004, 11:03 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

all of the emachines that i have owned(3) were micro atx...i had 3..2 amd and one p4..crappy boards usually made by FIC ( First International Computer)
Old 9th June, 2004, 02:02 AM

yes that is my pc danroc
Old 9th June, 2004, 04:36 AM

you can use any micro atx board for p4 out there...the only thing is to make sure your psu have the 12vatx connector (the four wire black/yellow one)
Old 11th June, 2004, 02:57 AM

THe pc in the link doenst look that bad for its price / stock - are they any good?
Old 11th June, 2004, 04:12 AM

pc any good

undefinedundefinedundefinedI like it. It is plenty fast for me right now. I have cable internet,no problem, and any thing elese. Eccept for the crappy gamecard the games play great(FX-5200 very slow fps) if I had found this site earlier I would not have made that mistake, but it is better than the on board graphics. Playing black hawk down befor the 5200 I was riding in a transparent helocoptor with an invisible gun so for what it is the card is not that bad it always could be worse. If you get a pc buy one with a agp slot more options with game cards with pci ati 9200 is the best I could find. That is why I am looking for an MoBo, any more suggestions on a mother board you guys? Oh, I have already as you know added a game card, changed the hard drive from 40 gig to an 80 gig slaving the 40 gig and added 256mb DDR 333 memory. If I can get another MoBo that fits my case then I will be set, and another game card tehn I am going to build another one that will smoke.
Old 11th June, 2004, 04:14 AM

game card

how is the ati 9200 game card any way good bad?
Old 11th June, 2004, 05:26 AM

don't bother with the 9200..your 5200 is probably slighty better.
Old 11th June, 2004, 09:27 AM

overclock

I did overclock my graphics card 290/483 runs good.
Old 11th June, 2004, 06:58 PM

mother board type

My mother is a tri gem international imperial gv micro atx and a 250 watt power supply. So if I get a micro atx will I also need a higher watt psu if it supports P4. If so I need a bigger case, is that right?
Old 11th June, 2004, 07:31 PM

found mother board need advice help

I found a mother board but there were 5 of the same kind, some box and some rtl,not sure what the difference is they are at newegg MoBo # d865glc. these are the same size as what I have and they will support the prescott chip E designation 1 mb level 2 cache, diferent prices, would someone more experienced look and see which is the best value and best board. The info about the prescott chip is at intel site.It is just what I have been looking for. Thanks
Old 11th June, 2004, 07:38 PM
AOA Staff

I think your case will take a more powerful PSU, at least the holes on the back of your case are in standard positions. You'll need a PSU recommended for the P4.
Old 11th June, 2004, 09:14 PM

you can fit just about any psu in your cse.. i have one...windowed an lit up brighter than the sun itself...

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! LET THE UPGRADES BEGIN!
Old 16th June, 2004, 11:13 PM

I found one ( MoBo that is)

I found a MoBo that will fit an D865 GLCLK it is P4/celeron up to 3.2 they say it is also prescott compliant chip e designation 1 meg level 2 cacheand will fit 9.60 x 9.60 micro atx and I found an PSU a aspire turbo case series 500w 12 volt modle atx 5500-su $59.00 MoBo board is 105.00 not bad but will the PSU fit I think someone said I might need a bigger case for it that it might be to big for my stock case, True or False ??????????
Old 17th June, 2004, 12:28 AM

this is your case

if you look you'll see the size of the fan of the psu that i have in there...a standard 80mm. as long sa your psu is not much biggerthan a 80mm fan height-wise, you will be ok... i have about...i dunno...3-4 mm of extra space... not much. as well, you'll want to mount the heatsink and cpu BEFORE installing the mobo, or you'll have one heck of a time getting you heatsink clipped on.
Attached Thumbnails
I need a MoBo-image087.jpg  
Old 22nd June, 2004, 08:44 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

I suggest making sure that a prospective MATX mainboard has one slot that's for an AGP vidcard. They can be PCI only.