AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 14th September, 2004, 10:06 PM

Benchmarking noobie

I was just wondering like the noob i am what are the factors of benchmarking. I was trying to figure out what affects the benchmarking score and what things you can do to increase the overall score. I mean seriously the only thing i could think of that can increase the score is the graphics card, and i am sure there are many more ways in improving that score and i was hoping if anyone here could help me out and name a few things i can do. I would be very pleased if i could increase the score without spending any money as i am totally low on cash at the moment. I used 3dmark03 and my score was a mesly 1203 which i know is really bad and i got a long way to go to improve which i am hoping to do at the moment. Any help will do thanks.
Old 14th September, 2004, 10:14 PM

Send a message via MSN to Razorfish

Hey glad to see your taking an intrest in my favorite part of computing. You should have put this in the bench marking section of the forum, but no wonder admin will move it. In regards to your question, the factors that effect benchmarking are endless, they range from hardware tweaks to software tweaks. Eg, hardware... i added "better" quality RAM and that put my scores up, the obvious one and probably the one that will get you the higher point increases is Overclocking, but there are simple "house work" you can do. Eg... software, a "clean" computer will score higher than a "dirty" one, and ive found even disk defragmentation will raise score tiny amounts. My one peice of advice is all be on the lookout for new drivers! especiallly Chipset and graphics drivers. If you list you computers spec, i could suggest some stuff. Ride on!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 14th September, 2004, 10:22 PM

Cool thanks for the info my spec is dell8200 Intelpentium4 2.0ghz 512rdramsamsung Nvidia geforce fx 5200
Old 14th September, 2004, 10:39 PM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via MSN to alexkerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden
Cool thanks for the info my spec is dell8200 Intelpentium4 2.0ghz 512rdramsamsung Nvidia geforce fx 5200
not bad at all, I work on those at school, so if you ever need advice, just ask me bro....I can help.
Not that video card, but I know what the dell system you have is like..

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!