AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26th October, 2004, 02:59 AM

286 Yay!

My grandmother has a 286. I played galaxia on it! Please don't laugh at me!
Old 26th October, 2004, 03:02 AM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via MSN to alexkerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziarfg
My grandmother has a 286. I played galaxia on it! Please don't laugh at me!
-laughs-
what was the point if we weren't suppose to laugh?

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th October, 2004, 04:33 AM

I've still got a Commodore 64 laying around somewhere in storage. It's what I first learned to program on. Ahhh, the days of an 8 year old modifying G.I. Joe so that he could never die and of changing the motorcycle racing game so that the road took up the entire screen and he never crashed.
Old 26th October, 2004, 06:52 AM
Member/Contributer

that sounds a a lot differnt from the C64 i was playing just this past summer....
Old 26th October, 2004, 01:48 PM

You never programmed from the book where you made the game where you shot at card shapes? The little spade at the bottom of the screen shooting hearts at the top in a border of clubs and diamonds? Lol.

Of the games I can remember for the C64, there was G.I. Joe, some motorcycle racing game, a variation of Pole Position, Neverending Story (text based R.P.G.), and some kind of airplane game.

I remember being in the 3rd grade in the un-air conditioned upstairs and clacking away for 2 hours just to program and play that "hearts" game. Lol.
Old 26th October, 2004, 04:36 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Wowsa. In the third grade! I didn't even know there were mainframes in the third grade.
Old 26th October, 2004, 06:26 PM

I didn't know what a mainframe was either. Lol. There was this book that either came with the Commodore or was purchased seperately by my parents, but my Nintendo had gotten boring and the computer was new. In a month or two I was teaching my parents how to do certain things. I skipped all the way to a 386, then to a Ppro and then to a PII450 and kept frankensteining the PII until I went to my first socket 478 P4 1.8ghz. It's going to be hard getting rid of my Gateway Pentium. Upgrading this week sometime to the mobo and chip I got from Nevermind.