AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 4th February, 2002, 12:56 AM

Send a message via AIM to Cyberey66

Best tualatin mobo

I'm still stumped on what mobo to get. So far it's the asus tuv4x with via pro 133t. I have 2x ecc 512m sticks of ram, so I would perfer to go via. Well, I saw a few epox boards with the 815ep chipset and 1MHz fsb stepping, and they are less money than the tuv4x. So should I forget about going past 512 megs of ram, and go for the 815, or go for the via and have 1 gig of ram? Well, I'm going to put a tualatin cored celeron in there and I want the best overall chipset to get a good OC, as well as mem speeds. IDK, a gig of ram seems overkill, and If only use 512 I can sell/trade my other stick and maybe put that towards vid card.

"skin and tragedy are the ways to attract a crowd"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 4th February, 2002, 04:38 AM

I say forget the memory, and get a board with te 815 chipset. Sell the memory, get something different. Get an epox board with none of those voltage restrictions.
Old 4th February, 2002, 05:40 AM
Banned

If you prefer VIA, the Abit VH6T I'm using is sufficient for most tualatin cores (in the overclocking sense). Their ST6 is an IBM chipset.... limited memory capabilities (max is 512MB).
Old 4th February, 2002, 05:49 AM

i thought the vh6t didnt support ecc? Pinky, can you please take a quick peek at your manual or bios?

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 5th February, 2002, 06:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by satan
i thought the vh6t didnt support ecc? Pinky, can you please take a quick peek at your manual or bios?
You're right, no ecc support
Old 5th February, 2002, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pinky

You're right, no ecc support
curse this 72 bit ecc! Maybe I can find someone to trade.

Old 9th February, 2002, 11:25 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Welcome aboard, satan!
512 Mb PC-133 ECC CAS3(CAS2 ECC and or Registered PC-133 doesn't exist, AFAIK) sticks are $154 at Crucial, atm. Surely, someone needs to populate an STL2 or other Server board.

Somebody wants your DIMMS! Amazingly, this kind of DIMM was $850 ~eighteen months ago. They probably still are, at Mushkin. JK.
Old 10th February, 2002, 05:06 AM

update, i have 2 dimms both cas2 pc100, one 512meg 72bit ecc, and the other 256meg 72bit ecc. I found the gigabyte GA-6VTx for $49.99 shipped(via 694T), so I'll get that. I'll try to trade or sell my dimms and get some good cas2 pc133 ram. I'll feel bad though, these were a present from my brother, and he got my them because he thought they would be the best ram out there for my computer. Hope he doesn't ask how my rams holding up.