AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10th January, 2005, 06:51 PM
Member/Contributer

Asus P4C800?

Hopefully I'll be getting one of these soon and 3.0Ghz Northwood. They were cheap, really cheap, so I thought I'd test the Intel waters for a change. User recommendations would be welcome
As I'm completely new to the Intel game, is there anything I should look out for?

Thanks.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th January, 2005, 02:39 AM

Send a message via ICQ to ELRocco Send a message via AIM to ELRocco Send a message via MSN to ELRocco Send a message via Yahoo to ELRocco

no not really but you cant fry an p4 because they have the heat integration thing
tobitsi dvd-rom, cyberhome dvd-rw dl 16x16x4
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th January, 2005, 05:02 AM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via MSN to alexkerhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazgoat
Hopefully I'll be getting one of these soon and 3.0Ghz Northwood. They were cheap, really cheap, so I thought I'd test the Intel waters for a change. User recommendations would be welcome
As I'm completely new to the Intel game, is there anything I should look out for?

Thanks.
not really, I think it will be an interesting venture for you.
I respect your willingness to try new and different things.

AOA Team fah
Old 12th January, 2005, 05:43 AM
Metal Wizard

Well I for one will be glad to see you get that Asus board to go with that 3.0C Northwood. That way I know my Epox 4PDA2+Ver.2 will have yet another Canterwood board to slap around. I mean why on earth would you want to get an Epox board like mine? Afterall right now on the Aquamark ARC I have the highest score in the world for Northwood chips. Well there is one guy on there with a 3.2 extreme edition who is ahead of me and there are 7 other guys on there ahead of me with the new extreme edition prescotts that are all Vapo-chilled. that's right! Right now when compared to processors running up to 5000mhz On the ARC I have the 8th fastest P-4 system in the world. Not bad for a lowly 865 chipset. On a tiny little Epox 4PDA2+Ver.2 mobo.
I'll tell you what I tell everyone, My Epox board has killed and mamed so many Canterwood boards that I just can't keep count. there is just carnage all around me.
This is the best Motherboard I have ever used and the fastest you will ever see!! When coupled with a Northwood. But, hey if you want to go buy an Asus be my guest. Then you can perform the droop mod and then the mem voltage mod and then you will still lag behind this board that can go to 1.85v Cpu, 2.2v. AGP, 3.3v Mem!. I'll be looking forward to seeing you in the benchmark area. Ok that was a little sarcastic. But, you really should read up on this board and do a little comparing. Then make up your mind. I think you know which i would recommend.

WZ
Old 12th January, 2005, 03:31 PM
Member/Contributer

DOH, Its all fallen through! The shop I was buying the stuff from have now informed me "...erm there was an error on the site and we dont actually have any of your order"
So I have had to cancel the order. It would have been a good experience, but maybe another time.
Note to self: When a deal looks too good to be true, it often is!

Laz.

AOA Team fah
Old 12th January, 2005, 06:09 PM
AOA Staff
Asteroids Champion, Maeda Path Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion, Van Champion

Send a message via MSN to Pitch

I will be selling a P4 3.4 E + P4C800 Deluxe shortly if you are interested.

XBL/PNS = neolad
Old 12th January, 2005, 06:26 PM
Member/Contributer

Thanks for the offer Pitch, let me know when you get round to selling it all.

Laz.

AOA Team fah
Old 12th January, 2005, 11:55 PM
AOA Staff
Asteroids Champion, Maeda Path Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion, Van Champion

Send a message via MSN to Pitch

Most likely the end of the month.

Undergoing a mass overhaul at the moment.

XBL/PNS = neolad
Old 17th January, 2005, 02:19 PM

Well I've just ordered a P4P800E Deluxe for around £70 to go with my Northwood 3.2Ghz CPU. Had an IC7-G before this but had a problem with the mobo and after waitng on Abit for a few days who didn't even acknowledge my query I sent it back and got the Asus instead. It should be here on Thurday so will let you know how I get on with it.