AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 25th February, 2005, 08:44 AM

Send a message via MSN to Rondog

Is this a CeleronD 320 2.4ghz, the same as the one you oc'ed to 3.6ghz?

Rig 1: Intel Core i5 750,4gb,HD6870,500gb,W7 Ult x64
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 25th February, 2005, 02:24 PM
Member/Contributer

It is indeed

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th February, 2005, 05:06 AM

Excellent.

I have much work to do.

Old 27th February, 2005, 09:11 AM

What voltage did you have it at? Standard?

Old 27th February, 2005, 02:18 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

Regardless of what another CPU could handle, I recommend starting vCORE at stock...
The first 5-600mhz should be easy. Jump the FSB from 133 to 166 in one step, maybe even to 180. Then, a few mhz at a time, have a couple of stress tests handy. If you are ocing memory or trying to run tighter than spec timings, have memtest handy. Otherwise, a CPU intensive program will work.

As soon as you have instability, bump the voltage a notch... rinse, repeat.

Good luck.
Old 27th February, 2005, 02:36 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Chesso

I didn't even have to do that with mine i bought it yesterday and an asus mobo. I hooked it up and when it came up to the bios it asked whether i wanted to run it at 2.4 or 3.6
Old 27th February, 2005, 02:52 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesso
I didn't even have to do that with mine i bought it yesterday and an asus mobo. I hooked it up and when it came up to the bios it asked whether i wanted to run it at 2.4 or 3.6
Is this the same system you've been having memory problems with???
If yes, it would explain a lot.
Old 27th February, 2005, 03:17 PM
Member/Contributer

Both chips I've tried ran at stock voltage but I have read of some people increasing it slightly.

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 28th February, 2005, 11:56 AM

Very nice thanks for all you info.

Old 5th March, 2005, 12:53 PM

Hi all... i'm newcomers and found this article interesting..... i have 2,4ghz Cel D, and an MSI 865PE Neo2 mobo, I've tried to adjust the fsb to 200, but failed, the system won't started.... does anyone have tried to overclock this celeron on msi 865PE Neo2?? ... the maximun i've succeed on 3,06ghz (fsb 170)....
Old 5th March, 2005, 01:16 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Chesso

That sucks man i have an Asus P4S800-MX and it just asked me what i wanted to run it at and that was that. Iv'e been running it like this on stock cooling for about a week i think. Benchmarking, gaming etc stay pretty cool too.

But that's probably because i have an open case with an actual standard fan on it most of the time mainly due to my gfx card heating up easily when gaming.

EDIT: When i say standard fan i mean one that you would normally use on yourself
Old 5th March, 2005, 03:59 PM
Member/Contributer

Ifebb are there vcore options in your bios? if so set the FSB the max it will boot with, see if it will boot into windows and run the prime95 stress test (prime95 is in the files section), if it fails increase the vcore slightly and try again.
I think most chips are ok up to about 1.5V

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 18th March, 2005, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamGarside
Ifebb are there vcore options in your bios? if so set the FSB the max it will boot with, see if it will boot into windows and run the prime95 stress test (prime95 is in the files section), if it fails increase the vcore slightly and try again.
I think most chips are ok up to about 1.5V
Thanks Graham... After some tweaking i could manage 180 fsb without changing the vcore.... i found that last time arround i didnt set agp/pci freq to 66/33 fixed, so it wont boot... but now, it runs smoothly, with original fan and heatsink, idle temp 49 celcius, full load 61... 3,22ghz fsb 180... PCMark04 score from originally 3037, now scores 4080... quite impressive for firstimer like me ... but one thing i wanna ask, i dont know how to use prime95, could you give me a guide for that? thanx before....
Old 19th March, 2005, 12:31 AM
Member/Contributer

run it, cacnel the user information page, and options torture test. Leave it for a while and if it stops and reports hardware failure you've gone too far, if it runs for hours without fault then it's safe to assume a good overclock

Tobias Fünke, M.D.

AOA Team fah