AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11th July, 2005, 06:21 PM

ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe is Overclocked!

Here is the markings off of my CPU:
Intel Pentium
2.60GHZ/512/800
SL6WH Malay
Q3325A149
T325A811

I have the following using the Windows AI Booster:
2775.47GHZ 213.98 x 13
Memory 2.55v AGP 1.60v
Sytem Temp 29c
CPU Fan 2657 1.52v

All of this is from a 7% preset increase and running Folding@Home. Any suggestions for further tuning?

Last edited by bigjohnson; 11th July, 2005 at 06:22 PM. Reason: posted wrong settings & typo
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th July, 2005, 08:31 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Isn't it just awful that dial-a-OC via the BIOS or even handier, a prog you can use while in Windows lets you overclock? Your temps look great, but there's a catch. It's said by wiser folks than me that many Asus m'boards report CPU temp as being 10C to 12C less than the real value. This "crime" is repeated in Motherboard Monitor or what have you, unless you compensate the reported temp with an extra 10C to 12C.

Sorry to relay this information, but it's a Monday, after all.

My P4P800 Deluxe reported the CPU temp too low, the P5P800 does the same thing.
Old 11th July, 2005, 08:42 PM

So far the overclock through Windows is great stuff! How can I know if the temps are wrong?
I think this will go up to 3ghz. I tried it for awhile and it ran normal for an hour. I reset before any issues came up. I may have to get a better cooler.
What are the temp ranges for this chip?
Old 11th July, 2005, 09:07 PM

i have a P4P800-E Deluxe.. i just OC'd it a smidge and its running fine.. i use a prog called Motherboard Monitor.. and the temps i get are similar to those of the BIOS. i wanna go up more.. but like i said in the topic i posted... i dont know what a safe CPU temp is..
Old 11th July, 2005, 09:45 PM
AOA Staff
Asteroids Champion, Maeda Path Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion, Van Champion

Send a message via MSN to Pitch

They will be the same as the BIOS temp as both programs are reading from the same place.

XBL/PNS = neolad
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th July, 2005, 11:30 PM

The only thing I can think of to do concerning the temps is to buy more hardware. That is if the temps with what I have are not correct.
Maybe a cooking thermometer........hmmm.
Old 11th July, 2005, 11:34 PM
AOA Staff

You can get better temperature probes for monitoring CPU temps. They are widely available.
Old 12th July, 2005, 06:32 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anurevolution
i have a P4P800-E Deluxe.. i just OC'd it a smidge and its running fine.. i use a prog called Motherboard Monitor.. and the temps i get are similar to those of the BIOS. i wanna go up more.. but like i said in the topic i posted... i dont know what a safe CPU temp is..
It's probably OK to run S478 P4's at 65C. Personally, I wouldn't want to see temporary temperature excursions over 67C.
Old 13th July, 2005, 01:03 AM

It is now running for about 2 hours at 2854ghz with a temp of around 40c. The working of the CPU fan control in the AI Booster has me a bit confused though. A user can Auto or Maunal settings with plus or minus settings. The Auto can be set from 20-100 and the Manual 7-15 Level. Whatever "level" means? I will probably figure it out through trial and error unless anyone can shed some light on this.