AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 6th September, 2005, 09:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to captaincurran Send a message via MSN to captaincurran Send a message via Yahoo to captaincurran Send a message via Skype™ to captaincurran

Exclamation How do i identify my mobo?

I know very little about identifying my mother board. I'm just going to tell you guys any thing that has has number or a name on my mobo, and maybe you guys can tell me what mobo i'm using.

First off it has a Intel Celaron 1ghz Cpu. Atx power supply port on it. golden heatsink like thing has the words "pc133 GFXcel" on it.

just below that is my bios chip, on the sticker on the chip is
"686
amibios
(c) 1999
BH04
3135"

i have 3 PCI slots, no AGP slots. The top pci slot has a set of jumper like things to plug a really small modem card in.

at the right side of the bottom pci slot is a black chip has the words
"ite
it8705f
0209-fxs
m249n0"

at the left side of the middle pci slot is another black chip has on it
"esdx
hsp56
cmi8736/pci-6ch
HRTF Audio Com
MAW39-0204
UGG1d6"

on the built in USB and Ethernet section there is the letters "AMP" as well as on the Keyboard and Mouse ports, they are PS2 btw.

on the video/printer/and other port section it has 2 stickers on it.
"EA=000795BC57C2"
on the other is a barcode and under it is
"5384F214D579"

I have 2 slots of dimm ram. For my CPU's heat sink there is a big thick gray heatsink, and on top is a black Intel Fan has a silvery stick in the middle with
"Intel
A70178-001
110112A
109X7612H1166"

That's all i can read things off. I hope you can help me. because when i installed windows xp on it didn't see the sound card. it saw everything except the sound card which is built in. And it would help me get the right mobo for the Motherboard Monitor Program. Thanks

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th September, 2005, 09:55 PM
Member/Contributer

It's usually written on the PCB itself, usually between the PCI slots.

You could also give cpu-z a try from the files section, under the mainboard tab it will list the manufacturer and model number

Tobias F√ľnke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 7th September, 2005, 12:27 AM

Start > Run > "dxdiag" and looking at the System Manufacturer and System Model information on the main page might give you a clue.
Old 7th September, 2005, 01:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to captaincurran Send a message via MSN to captaincurran Send a message via Yahoo to captaincurran Send a message via Skype™ to captaincurran

Pcb?

Old 7th September, 2005, 01:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to Exile69 Send a message via MSN to Exile69

The actual board all the stuff is on.

AOA Team fah

Abit NF-M2 | XFX 8600GT | AM2 X2 3800+ | 2Gb G.Skill DDR2 800 | Aspire X-QPack | 250Gb Western Digital | Creative X-Fi + Logitech X530 5.1
Old 7th September, 2005, 02:16 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Repo Man Send a message via AIM to Repo Man

You could also try one of the three methods on this site, http://www.motherboards.org/mobocop.html .

It is the dull man who is always sure, and the sure man who is always dull.
H. L. Mencken
Old 8th September, 2005, 12:44 AM

http://www.lavalys.hu/index.php will have an excellent program you can download called everest
which will tell you everything you could ever want to know about your system. I always do the ultimate edition which is good for I think 6 months.
Intel 82875P Chipset
P4 478 3.0EGHz 800MHz FSB 1MB L2 HTT
2GB Corsair XMS PC3200 CL2 DDR 400 RAM
ATI Radeon X800XL AGP 8X 256mb
2x Samsung SP0812C SATA RAID 0 4K cluste
Toshiba TS-H92A CD-RW/DVD
Toshiba TS-H552B CD/DVDW
Viewsonic VA912b DVI/LCD Monitor
Altec Lansing 5.1 Surround Sound
Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0
Windows XP Pro SP3

Old 9th September, 2005, 06:10 AM

I used the CPU Z, i identified the mobo PCCHIPS M758LMR. Now I was wondering if you guys could suggest where to go to find a driver for the sound card, or newer version drivers for the rest of the onboard stuff

Old 9th September, 2005, 06:23 AM
Steve Jobs

It uses a C-Media 8738. Try this http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/cmedia-8738.html
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Old 9th September, 2005, 06:23 AM
Steve Jobs

The chipset is an SIS 630. I would say go to the PCChips website for more info.
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Old 15th September, 2005, 07:04 AM

Thanks for the assistance for the sound card. I was wondering if you guys could tell me how to overclock it now. I've got an Intel Celaron 1ghz cpu in it. Thanks

Old 15th September, 2005, 05:58 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincurran
I used the CPU Z, i identified the mobo PCCHIPS M758LMR. Now I was wondering if you guys could suggest where to go to find a driver for the sound card, or newer version drivers for the rest of the onboard stuff
One alternate method is to simply ship the board to the nearest supplier like RMA. Then you'll get it back with a note: you dumb ass this PCCHIPS M5546387 should go to them not to Abit !
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Old 15th September, 2005, 06:59 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Very clever are the former members of the erstwhile Soviet Bloc.

And every time I get a cookie that ends in ".ru" I delete it as fast as I can. Why? Sheeit, the situation in Russia is bad! Sure, Communism ended. This also meant the end of public support for institutions that made life more bearable under the heels of the Commissars. Old age pensions, health care and education have nearly disappeared. Capitalism has made a few people very well off, yet dog eat dog remains for the ordinary people. And Putin is a dyed in the wool former head of the KGB, authoritarianism is all he knows.

Therefor Russian programmers and PC whiz-kids have been at the forefront of very sophisiticated scams, shams and ripoffs on ye olde Internet. This was big news a few years ago, yet I think they must be still at it. Starve or scam, which would you do?
Old 15th September, 2005, 07:15 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

The former post is not meant as a dig to any of our Members!
Old 15th September, 2005, 11:58 PM

what does that have to do with this thread?