AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 20th October, 2005, 03:42 AM
AOA Staff
Asteroids Champion, Maeda Path Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion, Van Champion

Send a message via MSN to Pitch

Crank up Maya and render some models. Tell me then which feels more "sluggish".

The AMD dual cores are without doubt better performers. But it's the cost that makes and Intel DC rig more favourable.

However it's totally impossible to do a fair test as there is more than just the CPU changing between rigs. DDR2 benefits in some places that DDR doesn't, and the same vice versa.

And.. well.. I have Phase Change. It's plenty quick enough.

XBL/PNS = neolad
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 20th October, 2005, 04:19 AM
Metal Wizard

Isn't it ironic that now it is AMD that has the high cost cpu's I can remember when that shoe was on the other foot. The FX-57 costs more than my case,my mem ,my processor, my psu, my DVD-writer, My cooling sytem, my vid card, My mobo...Now if you add mem and a motherboard to that you exceed the price of my entire system. Sorry not worth it to me. My equipment plays everygame out there that I like to play and does my video work that I enjoy doing with it. Alex you will love your system and look at all you can do with the money you saved!! I have a lowly single core that is cooled by just a little H20 and it isn't sluggish either.

WZ
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 20th October, 2005, 11:44 AM
AOA Staff
Asteroids Champion, Maeda Path Champion, Disco Racer Champion, Alpha Bravo Charlie Champion, Van Champion

Send a message via MSN to Pitch

Seems crazy that a lowely Opetron 144 will turn itself into a FX-57 too. :P

XBL/PNS = neolad
Old 20th October, 2005, 03:23 PM
Metal Wizard

your right Pitch but, that type of insanity I can deal with!

WZ
Old 22nd October, 2005, 04:34 AM
Member/Contributer

Send a message via MSN to alexkerhead

First off, thanks weld for helping me determine a few things about my mainboard.

Exile, quickbeam, and cadaveca, why even bother trying to persuade me to buy an AMD product?
I was buying amd when nobody was buying them. I just prefer intel products now.
They do what I do a lot better than their amd counterparts.
Surfing the net and listening to music has always felt smoother to me on an intel ht system.
Very simple tasks.
I dont play video games, I wont play video games, and wont buy a cpu specialized for playing video games.
My computer has kicked but for three years almost, and I want another intel system that will kick but for three more.

So stop trying to convert others and myself to amd, not gonna happen.
I already have enough amds laying around, 2400xp@2.3GHz, 1800xp@1.8GHz, and a Tbird 1GHz @ 1.3Ghz.
I actually have more amd systems than intel....rofl.
When I am ready to upgrade my amd rig, I will post in the amd section, but I want to upgrade my intel rig first.

btw weld, here is the board I want.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131539
the one you recommended..lol

AOA Team fah
Old 22nd October, 2005, 04:43 AM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

hahahaha. never noticed it was in the Intel section, Alex..my bad!

However....

PLease get off your high horse...
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkerhead
Tell me whatcha think..

I simply did what you asked.

Sry if you took offense...but i was just relating what I spent...not to say it would meet your needs, or it was what you needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadaveca
ouch that ram price hurts. 800 for the cpu , mobo and ram...about what i spent for my 3800+ a8n sli, and 2gb in 512mb pairs...

My second post was in response to a question. Not once did i say AMD would do better for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkerhead
Exile, quickbeam, and cadaveca, why even bother trying to persuade me to buy an AMD product?
I resent this comment, becasue i did nothing of the sort. Lets get that straight. I was merely observing the costs were about the same as mine.