AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 13th September, 2006, 05:52 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Nowadays, accepted wisdom says go Conroe. From what I understand, mainboards for Conroe processors aren't necessarily quite up to snuff yet. Some folks say wait for October, then m'boards for Conroe will be muy bueno. I'm confused on this point, but waiting is often the best strategy to save money and grief in techland.
Old 23rd September, 2006, 07:35 AM
Metal Wizard

Oh please Bonesaw it is getting late in September and the results are in. There is nothing on the market right now that even comes close to the Allendale/Conroe processors. the Speculative arguments of June are over and it was a complete wipe out Right now for the money there is nothing close to the Intels. That is just the way it is. My highly overclocked Presler dumps most AMD processor's cpu scores right on their arse.

WZ
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th September, 2006, 06:05 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Do you recommend the P5W DH as a very good home for Conroes, weldzilla? Anyone else have a better "bed" for Core Duos?
Old 24th September, 2006, 10:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to bonesaw

i am in a motherboard conflict about whats gonna house my conroe.
g. skill 6400 5-5-5-15-2t 4 gigs
Evga 450 gts
Thermaltake Armor
Ocz700w
300gb Seagate ide + Seagate 750gb sata
Logitech thx 5300 5.1
Acer 19' wide al1916w
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 24th September, 2006, 10:56 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by weldzilla
Oh please Bonesaw it is getting late in September and the results are in. There is nothing on the market right now that even comes close to the Allendale/Conroe processors. the Speculative arguments of June are over and it was a complete wipe out Right now for the money there is nothing close to the Intels. That is just the way it is. My highly overclocked Presler dumps most AMD processor's cpu scores right on their arse.

WZ

Funny. I'm getting abt the same performance as a 3ghz Conroe...out of my 3ghz AMD. Sure, there are places a conroe is faster, but in my daily uses, it don't make no difference at all. The only benefit of Conroe is that it scales a bit higher......otherwise, I'd have one myself. Pretty simple, if you ask me.

Last edited by cadaveca; 24th September, 2006 at 10:57 PM.
Old 25th September, 2006, 06:24 AM
Metal Wizard

I am soon moving on up to a new processor too. I will tell you that the
P5W DH is a very nice board rich with features and it has a great pci bus
It Seems clock for clock it gets just a bit more than most boards out of the graphics cards you have stuffed in it. Memory seems to get just a little better performance on the board clock for clock. But, with all that being said. Something about it just leaves me a little underwhelmed. I know eventully that Asus will hit on the right Bios.
The board that is impressing me is the P5B Deluxe. Based on the 965 chipset. A friend of mine is running this board along with the Baby Allendale, the E6300 @ 1.86 ghz. With the P5B he runs it daily at 535fsb
for speed of 3729mhz on air with no mods!! It is a terrific set up.
He is runin g G.Skill mem too PC 8000 @ 4-4-4-5 that is DDR 1070.
I will find out all there is to find with my P5W DH cuz I can't afford to just buy a new board too. I thought about selling a system or 2 but, I use them all in my side work and can't upset that balance.
cadaveca I certainly understand how you feel about your
amd system as I felt the same about my systems. you certainly are as good as anybody at getting all they have to offer out of them. The fact that there is now faster processors and systems out there does not suddenly make yours any slower. I am really happy with my 950D but. I need to find out first hand how my board will do with the Allendale/conroe processors. Then when asked I will be of more help.

WZ

Last edited by weldzilla; 25th September, 2006 at 04:27 PM.
Old 25th September, 2006, 03:16 PM
Member/Contributor/Resident Crystal Ball

Allendale/Conroe works best @ 7x multi.