AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 14th August, 2006, 03:28 PM
Member/Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to keithwalton Send a message via MSN to keithwalton Send a message via Yahoo to keithwalton

Just a heads up for all the P5W users out there, asus have released yet another bios update for the mobo they state support for new cpu's as the main change and checking there cpu support list site it says the c2d's are supported from the new bios onwards!

I'll post any differences i notice later on this evening
Old 14th August, 2006, 03:53 PM

thanks for that, ill be sure to try it later also
Old 17th August, 2006, 02:44 AM
Metal Wizard

sweet bus

This board just keeps on impresiing me! you can just dial up the frequencies, sit back and enjoy the smooth speed it gives. The pices I have assembled all work in a very smooth harmony. This is a most satisfying time. I jst spent the last couple hours editing and rendering a family's summer vacation to the California coast. They did not want it edited down much. just some of the obvious edits. I did as they asked. They looked and approved,so i rendered at 4711mhz!!! No problems at all. I burned 3 copies as they asked and it was done. Then I dialed up a little more and hit 3D2001SE again. And it was all good. A new high.
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=9027901

WZ
Attached Thumbnails
My P5W DH-3d01se.jpg  

Last edited by weldzilla; 17th August, 2006 at 02:45 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 17th August, 2006, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weldzilla
This board just keeps on impresiing me! you can just dial up the frequencies, sit back and enjoy the smooth speed it gives. The pices I have assembled all work in a very smooth harmony. This is a most satisfying time. I jst spent the last couple hours editing and rendering a family's summer vacation to the California coast. They did not want it edited down much. just some of the obvious edits. I did as they asked. They looked and approved,so i rendered at 4711mhz!!! No problems at all. I burned 3 copies as they asked and it was done. Then I dialed up a little more and hit 3D2001SE again. And it was all good. A new high.
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=9027901

WZ
Pretty sweet score there wait till you get a conroe tho ive just cracked 60k
Old 17th August, 2006, 12:08 PM
Member/Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to keithwalton Send a message via MSN to keithwalton Send a message via Yahoo to keithwalton

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradmax57
Pretty sweet score there wait till you get a conroe tho ive just cracked 60k
I'm not far behind on that with a single gpu core!
The conroe is now under water so should clock abit higher (load temps are down 10c atm) and the gpu seems to be able to run at 685mhz with abit of coaxing (stock 625, xtx is only 650) i shall find the limits of my gpu ram then go benching again since the main change in the r580+ is more ram b/w
Old 17th August, 2006, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwalton
I'm not far behind on that with a single gpu core!
The conroe is now under water so should clock abit higher (load temps are down 10c atm) and the gpu seems to be able to run at 685mhz with abit of coaxing (stock 625, xtx is only 650) i shall find the limits of my gpu ram then go benching again since the main change in the r580+ is more ram b/w
indeed but 01 doesnt show the benefit of, sli, xfire dual core etc as much as the newer ones
Old 17th August, 2006, 02:53 PM
Member/Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradmax57
indeed but 01 doesnt show the benefit of, sli, xfire dual core etc as much as the newer ones
I know thats the reason why i can keep up, raw cpu grunt! '01 would probably run faster if i disabled the second core. though not by much as it does have the dynamic l2 cache it would just allow me to o/c more
Old 22nd August, 2006, 02:56 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Thumbs up

Thank you Weldzilla !!! Amazing what you did !!!

Chris
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 22nd August, 2006, 04:14 PM
Team 45 Folder

Send a message via MSN to Got EpOx Send a message via Skype™ to Got EpOx

I love your green tinted PC
232GB Western Digital 'My Book' External HDD USB 2.0
80GB Hitachi SATA HDD
Onboard Audio
Intel GMA 950 Onboard Video
Want to make a difference without leaving your chair?, then join the AOA folding team today!
AOA Folding @Home
Old 22nd August, 2006, 07:33 PM
Metal Wizard

Thanks Chrisbard I enjoyed putting this together. I have decided before I move over to Coroe I am going to extract everybit this 950D Has in it on liquid cooling anyway. I am now running a daily clock of 4765mhz with the mem at 4-4-4-6 and my cpu score is now higher than Kingpins record run with his FX 60 running at nearly 3700 he hit a cpu score of 15,029 and I am hittin over 15,200! There is more to get from this machine still then I will move on.

Thanks Got Epox, you know it is funny cuz I am just not a color green person but, I love the way this came out. I like the way the yellow works inside as a nice contrast to the green. I like green and yellow speakers and mouse too. Well hey thanks for appreciating it!!

WZ
Old 22nd August, 2006, 08:04 PM
Team 45 Folder

I think it's very cool although i prefer blue myself even though the contrast is surprisingly nice. Sounds like you have a mighty water cooling system, well done on your wonderful computer project
80GB Hitachi SATA HDD
Onboard Audio
Want to make a difference without leaving your chair?, then join the AOA folding team today!
AOA Folding @Home
Old 27th August, 2006, 08:03 AM
Metal Wizard

Cooler than blue!

Is the steadily rising performance. As I said i have been playing with mem timings. trying to get a feel for what DDR2 can do and the best way to do it. I have found with 3D01 and Aquamark that the higher the bus and the tighter the memory timmings the higher the cpu score and overall score. That is not necessarily the case with 3D05. I found that the the same bus but looser timings equated to a higher graphics score and overall score although a much lower cpu score. Still testing this to make sure that the run was not an anomoly. I will tell you that At a 295
to 300 fsb I run 1.6 volts in the bios and that equates to 1.573 in reality so Vdroop is what I consider very minimal. There is just nothing I can say about this board that is not pure flattery. It has been a pleasure to work with the last few weeks. After the P5P800se I was very unsure that I would ever want another Asus board. I was spoiled rotten by Epox boards. They were easy to take beyond fast, they made every processor seem like it was the "Golden" one. And yes they performed perfectly all day and into the night with just 2 256 meg sticks of ram. The Asus P5P800se running the exact same hardware. I had only changed the board and that is it will harly run on 2 sticks of 256. I hate that damn board!!
But this P5W DH is simply only related in name only. This board is simply great in every single way I can find. I have improved some numbers.
This 7900GT card loves inner-acting with this board's pci bus system
this bus will take you to school!!! Here are some more single card scores.
Well the fun will just continue til it ends and I go to a Conroe but first I must work turn this 950D every which way but loose.

WZ
Attached Thumbnails
My P5W DH-2001se.jpg   My P5W DH-aqmk3ss.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 27th August, 2006, 11:56 AM
Team 45 Folder

Are you aiming for 5Ghz on this CPU? The way you talk about how good the P5W DH is is severely tempting me to upgrade. People like you Weldzilla make this forum interesting
80GB Hitachi SATA HDD
Onboard Audio
AOA Folding @Home
Old 31st August, 2006, 12:00 AM
Metal Wizard

Cool nights

Well it was finally a cool evening here last night... I just can't wait for fall and winter!!!! I need cooler weather. Even water cooling benifits from cooler air you know. Well last night was not cold but at least it was cool.
http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=116734

Soon it will be cold and my system will really be hot!!

WZ
Attached Thumbnails
My P5W DH-verified.jpg