AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 14th December, 2006, 05:13 AM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Performance and Power Management Technologies in Intel Processors

"We proceed with our analysis of optimized performance technologies and power management technologies of modern processors, started in our articles devoted to Intel Pentium 4 and Intel Pentium M."

Read more on the Front Page:
http://www.aoaforums.com/frontpage/content/view/1477/2/
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 20th December, 2006, 03:31 AM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Thank you for posting this link, Gizmo! Man, I dunno if Dual-Cores handle CPU throttling better than this Quad-Core monster. I sure hope so, continuous 81C isn't acceptable in my humble book!
Old 24th December, 2006, 06:30 PM
Member/Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to keithwalton Send a message via MSN to keithwalton Send a message via Yahoo to keithwalton

That is abit toasty! 81C is probably an on die temperature though, the core chips actually run cooler but the sensors read higher as they are more accurate with actual die temperatures. I'm surpised they managed to get it to throttle though, stock cooling should keep it down to the 60c mark