AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 9th March, 2007, 12:52 PM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Intel pitches plan to beat chip glut

Facing a market glut of microprocessors and weak corporate demand for PCs running Microsoft Corp.'s new Windows Vista OS, Intel Corp. hopes to stay profitable by producing new chip designs faster than its competitors, Intel CEO Paul Otellini said Monday.

Read more on the Front Page:
http://www.aoaforums.com/frontpage/content/view/2137/2/
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th March, 2007, 01:14 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

Well there is a novel idea, lets make a CPU that is faster .....BRILLIANT.

Last edited by Samuknow; 9th March, 2007 at 01:15 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th March, 2007, 02:04 PM
Member/Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to keithwalton Send a message via MSN to keithwalton Send a message via Yahoo to keithwalton

Just sounds like they're going to be aggresive and go for the kill on amd at all costs as intel can afford to spend like crazy on development, amd cant and it shows.
Amd's products are late and at the moment mostly ati designs.
Intels products are early
Old 9th March, 2007, 02:26 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

I still think AMD will get it's act together. A merger and still trying to maintain a business is a lot on your plate.
Old 9th March, 2007, 02:51 PM
Member/Contributer

So demnd is down and the solution is massively saturating the market with newer faster models at a higher rate than present?

That like blowing hard on a dieing match.

Tobias F√ľnke, M.D.

AOA Team fah
Old 9th March, 2007, 04:54 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

Yawn, business as usual--or what?
Old 9th March, 2007, 05:21 PM

Send a message via MSN to skool h8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuknow
Well there is a novel idea, lets make a CPU that is faster .....BRILLIANT.
Ah, where would we be without your unique sense of sarcastic humour! But you're exactly right.

Also, faster than than a C2D? They're either gonna be increasing clock speeds (by multipliers i guess), or increasing the FSB max. I also think AMD will get it's act together. Didn't something like this happen before the A64 was released? Also, AMD had dominated to market for a few years, especially the enthusiast segment. You shouldn't be unhappy that you hav an AMD chip because until the C2D came along, they were pretty much unbeaten by the P4 and similar. I know a lot of people here were on AMD before then, and decided to go over to the dark side. Either way, i'll be supporting AMD all the way, i've been like that. To think, up until October 2003, i hadn't even heard of AMD. It was just chance that the computer my parents bought me then was made by a local shop, and he said AMD was better than Intel. It certainly was the case for a few years.

AMD have had a hard time, but they're a big company and they still have a few legs to stand on, even if they are a bit old and damaged by the competition knawing at them.

YouTube - Benchmark Results (Coming Soon!)

Last edited by skool h8r; 9th March, 2007 at 05:24 PM.