AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 18th September, 2008, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUff1N View Post
You missed the detail...ABS Technologies inc. is the system manufacturer of my custom built computer.
"They" (ABS) are the ones that are covering my warranty of the whole system. (3 year with 2 yrs to go)
Not Intel...
I didn't build this system! I just configured what I wanted (Hardware) in the system & ABS built if for me.
This is a totally custom build (case included) but they put it all together.
You see, there was NO WAY I could have bought this computer or even had the money to build it.
I'm Disabled & live with my Mom. *Sigh* So for all the hard work I've done for her over the years she bought me this Custom Built Computer!
She let me pick it out but wouldn't let me build it...LOL So I found this company that does custom builds for you and had them build this system.

Of course from now on, any upgrades I will do myself like the Zalman CPU cooler I just put in recently.
So unless you have a rabbit in your hat, you are going to back off the OC to a stable number, 3.20?, and live with that. No matter where you want to reach, there is a point where you just can't go any further. It looks to me that you have reach it. You can't RMA the board and it won't OC any higher. Unless I've missed something-you've hit the wall. R.I.P OR.......?

1ST * Asus M5A99FX Pro r 2.0 *AMD FX 8350 Black Edition *Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240 CPU Cooler * Crucial 16g DDR3 * MSI Geforce GTX 1050 * Antec 650w* Thermaltake V9 Case
2nd Asus M5A99fx Pro R2.0 Mainboard *AMD FX 4300 Black edition * l6g Crutial DDR3 * Evga Geforce Gt 730 * Coolermaster Dual fan HSF * 500w Thermaltake PSU * 320g western digital HDD

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 18th September, 2008, 04:39 AM

Nah...I'm staying at 3.50GHz!
Just every few weeks of so I'll have to reinstall the bios & chipset drivers to put it right again.
I want what I want!
Btw, highest stable settings at Default vcore is 3.30GHz...

EVGA GTX 470 SC 37% OC (855/1710/2004) 160.5Gbs
3DMark Vantage: P24352
3DMark 11: P5119
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 18th September, 2008, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Nah...I'm staying at 3.50GHz!
Just every few weeks of so I'll have to reinstall the bios & chipset drivers to put it right again.
I want what I want!
Btw, highest stable settings at Default vcore is 3.30GHz...
Ok, Whatever floats your boat!
And if that is what makeith you the happieith, then that is whatith maketh me the happyeth to!

You have got my curiosity up wondering about where mine would go. If I can get 67% by changing two settings, where can I go?
I know someone in the Biostar forum, who has my board & CPU, hit 18%! That's some kinda OC!

I don't have the time right now, but I am going to give my rig some legs. Hopefully in the next couple of days.Traitor.

1ST * Asus M5A99FX Pro r 2.0 *AMD FX 8350 Black Edition *Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240 CPU Cooler * Crucial 16g DDR3 * MSI Geforce GTX 1050 * Antec 650w* Thermaltake V9 Case
2nd Asus M5A99fx Pro R2.0 Mainboard *AMD FX 4300 Black edition * l6g Crutial DDR3 * Evga Geforce Gt 730 * Coolermaster Dual fan HSF * 500w Thermaltake PSU * 320g western digital HDD

Old 18th September, 2008, 10:04 AM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorPorMe View Post
Ok, Whatever floats your boat!
And if that is what makeith you the happieith, then that is whatith maketh me the happyeth to!

You have got my curiosity up wondering about where mine would go. If I can get 67% by changing two settings, where can I go?
I know someone in the Biostar forum, who has my board & CPU, hit 18%! That's some kinda OC!

I don't have the time right now, but I am going to give my rig some legs. Hopefully in the next couple of days.Traitor.
How much of an OC % is eek!
What I would watch with your rig is heat. I think you last OC is just about the limit because if you go higher, you're going to need more vcore & that will really increase the CPU heat bigtime!
There's no way your current cooler will be able to get rid of that much heat quick enough for it not to build & keep getting hotter.
That's why I got this Zalman. All Copper & a lot of surface area fins to dissipate the heat quickly, that & it was a good price for this cooler!

Yea, you hang around here long enough the OC BUG starts getting under your skin & you just have to see where the limits are on your system!
I look at it this way.
It's like building a hotrod & having it sit in your garage without ever taking it to the race track to see what it will do in the quarter mile.
Where's the fun in that?
For me, this system is all about having fun & entertaining myself! That's all it's really seriously used for!

Last edited by MUff1N; 18th September, 2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old 18th September, 2008, 12:48 PM

Send a message via MSN to IceRaptor

ahh i get it now
320gb Seagate
500gb WD (external)
Gigabyte P965 S3
OCZ Stealth-X-Stream 600 Watt
Vista 32 bit
Old 18th September, 2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
How much of an OC % is eek!
What I would watch with your rig is heat. I think you last OC is just about the limit because if you go higher, you're going to need more vcore & that will really increase the CPU heat bigtime!
There's no way your current cooler will be able to get rid of that much heat quick enough for it not to build & keep getting hotter.
That's why I got this Zalman. All Copper & a lot of surface area fins to dissipate the heat quickly, that & it was a good price for this cooler!

Yea, you hang around here long enough the OC BUG starts getting under your skin & you just have to see where the limits are on your system!
I look at it this way.
It's like building a hotrod & having it sit in your garage without ever taking it to the race track to see what it will do in the quarter mile.
Where's the fun in that?
For me, this system is all about having fun & entertaining myself! That's all it's really seriously used for!
Those are are almost the exact words I would use if we were talking. Heat is going to be my stopper at this point. Doesn't bother me. Everyone has a stopper. For some, memory or CPU, and for others it might be the motherboard!
I did something yesterday in expectation of having a heat problem. I put a 6000rpm fan on the chipset HS.
29c He isn't going to have a heat problem!
I am disappointed in the Freezer 7 Pro. It's not performing as the reviews led me to believe it would.

I'm not being fair. I forget that my rig is under full load 24/7 so a steady 60c isn't bad at all. It's going to be folding itself the will give me a handicap when it comes to OC'ing. I will pull the plug on folding for a while when I start getting some serious heat just to see where I can go.
Dummies like me have tunnel vision. Hadn't occurred to me to shut down F@H and see what the temps were!
Cores are 60c@42c GPU is 57c@46c
I do have some wiggle room to play with! I didn't occur to me to shut down the fold. That's just the way my rig boots.

Old 18th September, 2008, 05:32 PM

Arrow

Too Funny Porpor...Sometimes what's right in front of you is the hardest to see. I've done the same thing myself more than once though!
Yea F@H puts a lot of load & stress on the CPU. Take that off & viola! it now runs much cooler.
You still want to test your OC's under full load though to see how hot it's going to get.
If you use OCCT for that, set your max temp so if it goes beyond that it will shut OCCT down & not overheat your CPU!
That's what I did. You never want to let your processor get that hot if you can avoid it, because it usually does cause some kind of damage to where it just doesn't perform as good as it use to.
I found that out the hard way by having a CPU overheat & shut itself down.
That's when I started using temp monitoring software.
When I looked at the temps of the cpu @ idle it was already really high!
What was wrong was the CPU heatsink was totally clogged up with dust and lint! LOL
This was my very first computer long ago & at first all I did was just use it like everyone else out there.

Last edited by MUff1N; 18th September, 2008 at 05:36 PM.
Old 18th September, 2008, 06:00 PM

I had thought of that one. I used to have it but it will be easier to go to intel and get max temps for my E4300. I think It's somewhere around 85c but will look to be sure. I didn't know that OCCT would monitor and abort test if to hot-that is down right comforting!

Old 18th September, 2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorPorMe View Post
I had thought of that one. I used to have it but it will be easier to go to intel and get max temps for my E4300. I think It's somewhere around 85c but will look to be sure. I didn't know that OCCT would monitor and abort test if to hot-that is down right comforting!
Yep, I've already tested this out & it does shut down the test once it goes passed the max temps you set in it! (Screenshot of where you set Max CPU Temp)
Attached Thumbnails
Here we go again!!!-occt-temp-max-set.jpg  

Last edited by MUff1N; 18th September, 2008 at 06:36 PM.
Old 1st October, 2008, 04:45 PM

Thumbs up

Well, it's been 18 days since my last BSOD crash & I'm still running at 3.50GHz.
With any LUCK it won't crash again IF I figured out the "Magic" settings with the right drivers installed that it likes! *Fingers crossed*
I noticed that I was running the older stable bios, but had the newest chipset drivers installed! Once I went back to the prior released chipset drivers it was much more stable!
But so far, so good! My system has never run this fast, smooth & stable before now! (With the exception of default vcore @ 3.30GHz which is not as fast...)
I'm posting the settings here for anyone that uses this setup & Googles it & finds this post...

3.50 MHz (original: 2667 MHz, overclock: 32%)
3.50Ghz Overclock: http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=404192
Host Clock Frequency set to 350
CPU vcore set to 1.4120v (1.3480v actual) with Enhanced Powerslope Enabled
Front Side Bus Voltage Override: 1.250v
MCH/ICH Voltage Override: 1.600v
Memory set to 4-4-4-12 CL @ 2.16v / Memory frequency: 667 / Reference Frequency 266 (FSB/DRAM 4:5) @ 875Mhz

Bios v2809
Intel D975XBX2 Chipset Drivers 8.4.0.1016

Last edited by MUff1N; 1st October, 2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 1st October, 2008, 06:48 PM

Very nice, very nice indeed! If you keep this up, in a few more years you might even be good!