AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11th December, 2008, 01:06 PM

OC'ing the Q6600 on the Intel D975XBX2 board

Hi all

I'm planning to OC my Q6600 on the D975XBX2 board!

Config:
Case: Antec Nine Hundred Gaming case
Mobo: D975XBX2 (bios vers: 2838)
CPU: Intel Q6600 (2.4ghz)
CPU cooler: Thermaltake Bigwater 760I
RAM: Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C5 (800mhz)
PSU: Be Quiet straight power 600W
GC: Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS

My FSB: DRAM is now 2:3. So if I would like to get that at 1:1, my cpu would be running on 3.6ghz and fsb would be 400mhz. (Correct?)

Is this possible with my configuration or does anyone has experience with OC'ing a Q6600 on the D975XBX2?(voltages, fsb speeds..)

I've read the topic of DieVersioN ("D975XBX2 Overclocking!!!!") already. I would like to know what the next steps are.(With a Q6600 ofc)

Help/advice would be much appreciated!

Grtz

Last edited by Dieterr; 11th December, 2008 at 04:21 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th December, 2008, 07:08 PM

Arrow

Good, I'm glad somebody read that post as the guy I wrote that for hasn't been back since!
That took a bit of time putting together the info & bios pictures to go with it...

The memory dividers are as such on the Badaxe 2 board.
Memory frequency is the memory divider.
800 = 2:3
667 = 4:5
533 = 1:1

Reference frequency is the FSB strap.
333 = 1333 FSB
266 = 1066 FSB (this gives you tighter timings on the NB)

If you have 800MHz memory you should be able to get to 3.6GHz
with 1:1 memory (533MHz frequency) divider or 4:5 (667MHz) depending on how far your memory will OC & how much you have installed. (2 or 4GBs of memory)

Voltages I can't give you as I haven't been able to get 3.60GHz stable on "My" setup but it's easier at 1:1 than 4:5 dividers.
So this will be trial & error testing on your part but I can tell you there is a vdoop on this mobo.
A 1.4000 vcore setting on mine ends up being 1.3360 actual vcore for a vdroop of 0.064v so keep that in mind.

For bios, I'd run v2809 as it's been the most stable one I've found so far for OCing.
Also, from testing I've found it Much Harder to get higher stable clocks with 4GBs of installed memory instead of 2GBs,
BUT gaming performance is much better with 4GBs of installed memory.
The highest stable I can get is 3.42GHz using the 1066Mhz FSB Strap & 4:5 memory divider (667Mhz memory frequency)
with 4x1GBs of installed memory. With 2GBs of installed memory I can get to 3.5GHz.
Overall, the Badaxe 2 mobo isn't one of the best boards for OCing but it is rock solid when it comes to reliability.

What I can give you is my current settings for 3.30GHz with what I'm running (sig info) now.
The reason I'm running at 3.30GHz is I'm basically poor & don't have money to replace what might give way by pushing my system hard.
So most of my settings are at default voltages!
Not to mention that a 3% performance gain doesn't justify the voltages needed to get to 3.42GHz which is the highest stable settings
I can get with 4GBs of installed RAM using the 4:5 memory divider. (667)

So the the first OC I would try on your system would be one with everything set to default settings with the exception of having
Enhanced PowerSlope enabled & your memory voltage (my Corsair memory needs 2.1v to run at CL4) & see how far you can go like that.
Then if it's not enough of a performance increase for you then go forward & increase the other voltages as necessary to get there.

3.30GHz Overclock http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=442439
Host Clock Frequency set to 330 (My CPU Multi is 10)
CPU vcore set to Default (1.266v) with Enhanced Powerslope enabled
Front Side Bus Voltage Override: 1.250v
MCH/ICH Voltage Override: 1.525v
Memory set to 4-4-4-12 CL @ 2.16v / Memory frequency: 667 / Reference Frequency
266 (FSB/DRAM 4:5) = 825MHz

Good reading on the Badaxe board is this site...
GTJ's IntelĀ® 975XBX2 Bad Axe 2 Guide

Those here that have OCed the Q6600 (hint, hint) should be able to give you some ballpark voltages for that with higher clock speeds.
Bump!
Also, I by no means am an "Expert" at OCing! Most of what I know is from trial & error testing!

Oh btw Dieterr, Welcome to the AOA forums!

EVGA GTX 470 SC 37% OC (855/1710/2004) 160.5Gbs
3DMark Vantage: P24352
3DMark 11: P5119

Last edited by MUff1N; 11th December, 2008 at 08:28 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th December, 2008, 08:28 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Those of us who are lucky enough to know you Muff1n...appreciate what you give even if it's poorly received at times.":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Old 11th December, 2008, 09:39 PM

Thx for the quick reply ! I'm running 2 sticks from 2 gig, so 4 gig in total.

So the things I have to do first:
- disable EIST, C1E & Failsafe Watchdog settings

Do I have to lock pci and pci-e? (I've read something about it, and this is my first OC as well)
What should I do next? (Or what do you advice?) The 3.6 ghz was just a thought, maby we should start with something lower ^^

Let's say I want a 3.00 ghz OC, what settings should I adjust(voltages)? I have a multiplier of 9btw.. So if I want 3.00 ghz, I put my FSB on 333, and my mem freq at 667. Then my ram would run on 832 mhz?
I also noticed that your ram is running on 4-4-4-12 & 2.1 V? Mine is running on 5-5-5-18 & 1.9 V (TWIN2X4096-6400C5) Should I adjust that to 4-4-4-12 & 2.1 as well?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Dieterr; 12th December, 2008 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12th December, 2008, 06:53 PM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieterr View Post
Thx for the quick reply ! I'm running 2 sticks from 2 gig, so 4 gig in total.

So the things I have to do first:
- disable EIST, C1E & Failsafe Watchdog settings

Do I have to lock pci and pci-e? (I've read something about it, and this is my first OC as well)
What should I do next? (Or what do you advice?) The 3.6 ghz was just a thought, maby we should start with something lower ^^

Let's say I want a 3.00 ghz OC, what settings should I adjust(voltages)? I have a multiplier of 9btw.. So if I want 3.00 ghz, I put my FSB on 333, and my mem freq at 667. Then my ram would run on 832 mhz?
I also noticed that your ram is running on 4-4-4-12 & 2.1 V? Mine is running on 5-5-5-18 & 1.9 V (TWIN2X4096-6400C5) Should I adjust that to 4-4-4-12 & 2.1 as well?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, the first things you need to do is - disable EIST, C1E & Failsafe Watchdog settings.
Make absolutely sure the Jumper is ON the PINS (1&2 or 2&3) as you can miss the outside pin going into the jumper...I did this the first time & my system wouldn't bootup after moving the jumper.

Next would be to see what your current vcore is running at with those disabled using CPU-Z. This will give you a starting point on vcore setting to go up from. Mine is 1.266v with Enhanced Powerslope Enabled, but yours might be different.
Download that here---> http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

Don't worry about locking PCI & PCI-E settings as those are locked by default already! Leave these settings alone...OK

Enable Enhanced Powerslope & as far as you memory... for starters leave it at its default settings which are this...
EPP standard 5-5-5-15-2T, 2.1V values (EPP = Enhanced Performance Profile)
Going to a lower CL of 4 may take more voltage, OR it may not want to go there at all! So set the memory voltage at 2.12v & leave the timings alone except the 18 one & change that to 15. Use the +/- keys to do this after selecting the 18 with your up/down arrow keys & hitting enter once it's selected. Then leave it at timings 5-5-5-15 @ 2.12v.
Specs: TWIN2X4096-8500C5
(Click on the underlined text as this is a link)

You might be able to to to 3GHz with just Enhanced Powerslope Enabled an not increasing the vcore so try that first. If not, then you will have to increase the vcore a notch or so up from default values shown in CPU-Z with Enhanced Powerslope Enabled.
You want Enhanced Powerslope on as this will decrease the amount of vdroop to the voltage going to everything so Enable that an leave it ON.

To test your settings for stability use ORTHOS.
Download that here... Stress Prime 2004 BETA
OR you can use OCCT which tests all 4 cores by default! Use Mixed on the test settings.
Download OCCT: OCCT Website english
Download the self installer package & install it.

To keep & eye on the temps use Core Temp.
Download that here---> Core Temp

You may have to run to instances of ORTHOS to stress all 4 cores.
As I said, I don't know about quad cores as all I've tested on the Badaxe 2 is duo core!
Guys, I could really use some help here on the Q6600 as I know nothing about it!!! HELP!
Not just that but my MIND is in shutdown mode today & I'm having a hard time thinking & Math is just gone crap...rrr!

Your math looks right but right now I can't think at all, & math is making no sense to me at the moment...a little help here guys Please!
I have my good & bad days & this is one of my bad days it looks like.

Final Note: With Failsafe Watchdog disabled if your system won't bootup after changing some setting, you will have to move the jumper back to maint for it to bootup again...This is if it won't Post to the bios & just gives you a blank screen OK.

Last edited by MUff1N; 12th December, 2008 at 08:07 PM.
Old 12th December, 2008, 10:44 PM

Ok thx! Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time this weekend.. I guess it's going to be something for wednesday.

I had cpu-z and coretemp installed already. For the stress test I have Prime 95. This also tests 4 cores by default, but I'll take a look at those progs as well

What's the reason for putting the memory at 15? Is my ram going to act like TWIN2X4096-8500C5 ram with those settings? And what are the advantages? (If I may ask)
One other thing I forgot to mension, I'm running Vista Ultimate 64 bit. I don't know if it changes something, but you never know ^^

I'll keep you guys informed

Grtz
Dieter
Old 12th December, 2008, 10:58 PM

Arrow

Changing the tras from 18 to 15 will make your memory more responsive & quicker.
tRAS - Active to precharge delay; this is the delay between the precharge and activation of a row.
Basically it's this...the smaller the numbers the tighter the timings & the faster they run & more responsive they are.
This is the performance profile for that memory (5-5-5-15) so it should run just fine at those timings with 2.12v on your memory all the way up to 1066MHz.
From your memory's specs: Tested at latency settings (5-5-5-15-2T) at 2.1V at 1066MHz.
Right now you are running your memory on the default SPD settings instead of the performance settings they are meant to run at.

Yes, running 64bit system does make a difference as it's more finicky with OC settings & has a tendency of corrupting system's files if the OC settings aren't 100% Stable!. So this may be pretty tricky to get stable as I have NO KNOWLEDGE of running a 64bit system & this is unknown territory for me!
Sorry for not being a lot of help here, but I'm doing what I can!

Again guys I'm asking for your help! Has anyone here OCed a 64bit OS???
You input is needed here!!!

I hope you have a GOOD backup system for reinstalling the OS partition in the event you get bad corruption in the system's folders from unstable OC settings.
I personally recommend Acronis True Image Workstation.
This has saved me hours of time.
Windows backup is basically useless.

This is yet another good reason to start off with default voltages on your OC to see what it can do as it stands with Enhanced Powerslope Enabled of course.

Prime doesn't push your system as hard as the other programs I mentioned do, so it may take hours before & error will come up.
With OCCT & ORTHOS errors will come up within minutes of the program running.

Last edited by MUff1N; 12th December, 2008 at 11:20 PM.
Old 14th December, 2008, 04:55 PM

I'm now running @ 3Ghz (FSB: 334) with my RAM at the performance settings. I ran the stress test from OCCT and it looks like it's stable!

Now if I want go further but my pc isn't stable anymore with the stock voltages.. How can I know which voltage I have to raise? the cpu voltage or the NB/SB voltage? (I assume the mem voltage of 2.12 will do the job 'till 1066 mhz..?)

Btw MUff1N, thx for everything, you've been a great help!
Attached Thumbnails
OC'ing the Q6600 on the Intel D975XBX2 board-3ghz.jpg   OC'ing the Q6600 on the Intel D975XBX2 board-mem.jpg  

Last edited by Dieterr; 14th December, 2008 at 05:01 PM.
Old 14th December, 2008, 06:43 PM

Arrow

Quote:
I'm now running @ 3Ghz (FSB: 334) with my RAM at the performance settings. I ran the stress test from OCCT and it looks like it's stable!

Now if I want go further but my pc isn't stable anymore with the stock voltages.. How can I know which voltage I have to raise? the cpu voltage or the NB/SB voltage? (I assume the mem voltage of 2.12 will do the job 'till 1066 mhz..?)

Btw MUff1N, thx for everything, you've been a great help!
The only voltage you should have to raise at this point is just the CPU voltage. Your FSB should be stable at default voltage until you hit 400 FSB, but this isn't written in stone.
Your memory voltage should be good all the way up to 1066 at your current memory settings.
But it may end up being a combination of settings to go higher, it's just a matter of testing & trial & error.

Since I'm just running a Core 2 Duo & not a quad I can't say for sure what voltages are going to be needed but I'm guessing it will be a combination of CPU (vcore) & MCH/ICH Voltage Override (NB/SB voltage).

For starters just bump up the CPU voltage & see if it will boot @ 3.1GHz.
If not bump it up again another notch and see if it does keeping notes on the voltage used.
If it does then test it for stability. If it's stable see if you can bump up the CPU frequency again without raising the vcore & so on.
Keep notes as you go on your settings so you have a reference to go off of later.
From here on it's just a guessing game & trial & error to go forward & its a gradual process.
Sorry I can't really be of more help here.
You're welcome for the help I've given you & even if you stay at 3GHz you still got some performance gain with no chance of damaging HW components with higher voltages. Personally I notice a jump in performance on my system once the FSB hit 1300. Same with when it hit 1400.
So you system should be more responsive now than it was at stock.

But for now just try upping the vcore on the CPU & see how that goes OK.
Since your current vcore is 1.238v, start at the lowest vcore (1.2875v) setting (pic below) & go up from there.

Don't change the other voltage settings until it doesn't matter what vcore you use because it will still be unstable.
This is when you will have to increase the NB/SB voltage & FSB voltage. I hope that makes sense...

Once again I'm asking our AOA members to help him with his Q6600 as I know nothing about the vcore necessary for it to get to higher clock speeds...
I know some of you guys have OCed the Q6600 & have some settings for that...
Attached Thumbnails
OC'ing the Q6600 on the Intel D975XBX2 board-badaxe-2-vcore-settings.jpg  

Last edited by MUff1N; 14th December, 2008 at 09:18 PM.
Old 14th December, 2008, 08:37 PM

Yes it makes sense I will test some settings next week, & I'll keep you guys informed.
If someone has experience with the Q6600 at high clock speeds, vcore settings would be very appreciated

But thx again for the quick replies MUff1N, you saved me a lot of time & errors
Old 15th December, 2008, 07:26 AM

I had two Q6600's, both needed right at 1.32v to get to 3.2Ghz, 1.4 @ 3.4 and 1.5 @ 3.6.

3.2 was the max I got a quad to on a 975X based board, it required quite a bit of Northbridge voltage to get it there as well.
Old 15th December, 2008, 07:13 PM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccperf721p View Post
I had two Q6600's, both needed right at 1.32v to get to 3.2Ghz, 1.4 @ 3.4 and 1.5 @ 3.6.

3.2 was the max I got a quad to on a 975X based board, it required quite a bit of Northbridge voltage to get it there as well.
Thanks for your reply ccper!
This answered a lot of my questions & from what you posted it's almost identical to the settings I have to use on my Core 2 Duo for voltages!
So Dieterr, expect to be upping the voltages considerably more to go higher.

This is the reason I'm staying where I'm at instead of going up to 3.40GHz is because of the large voltage increases needed for it to be stable.

If your curious these are the settings for 3.40 I have to use for it to be stable. Rich also uses these settings on his Badaxe 2 board which he runs 24/7 like this.

3.40GHz Overclock CPU-Z Validator 3.40GHz
Host Clock Frequency set to 340 (adjust for your multi)
CPU vcore set to 1.4000v with Enhanced Powerslope Enabled
Front Side Bus Voltage Override: 1.350v
MCH/ICH Voltage Override: 1.575v
Memory set to 4-4-4-12 CL @ 2.20v / Memory frequency: 667 / Reference Frequency
266 (FSB/DRAM 4:5) @ 852Mhz (your memory should be fine at 2.12v)

Rich's RAM is almost the same as yours is, (Corsair 2x2gbs 5-5-5-15) & was able to lower his timings to 4-4-4-12 with 2.20v.
So after you are done OCing your system & are happy with the speeds you can try lowering your memory timings to this as well.

Final Note: You will see a jump in your core temps once you leave default vcore.
The amount will depend on how well your water cooler performs, Thermal Compound used & ambient room temps.
Personally I use Arctic Silver 5 for my TIM (Thermal Interface Material) & have gotten outstanding performance from it along with my Zalman 9700 cooler.

Last edited by MUff1N; 15th December, 2008 at 09:04 PM.
Old 16th December, 2008, 03:00 PM

I'm a little confused about the voltages.. If I look in cpu-z, the CPU voltage is 1.238 v (check my cpu-z screenshot)
In the bios: "Current Processor Voltage" is <1.3250V> If I change the "Cpu Voltage Override" in the bios, the voltage in cpu-z is still 1.238V and the "Current Processor Voltage" in the bios is also still <1.3250>..
Old 16th December, 2008, 04:56 PM

As Muff1n stated in post #2:

"Voltages I can't give you as I haven't been able to get 3.60GHz stable on "My" setup but it's easier at 1:1 than 4:5 dividers.
So this will be trial & error testing on your part but I can tell you there is a vdoop on this mobo.
A 1.4000 vcore setting on mine ends up being 1.3360 actual vcore for a vdroop of 0.064v so keep that in mind."

He is refering to a droop in voltage that seems to be true of all motherboards. The actual voltage seen by the system is reported in cpuz.
So you will need to set it higher than the actual voltage you want to run.

E8400 @ 3.92 / ASUS P5Q SE/R / MSI 8800GT / OCZ DDR2 1066 / VelociRaptor 150G

P4 3.2 Prescott running at 3.45 / 2G ram / 8800GT / 3dmark03 31345

Alienware 7700 Laptop P4 HT 2.4ghz 1G ram 17"screen

HTPC Silverstone Case / A64 3200 / 2G ram / 7900GTX / Hauppauge PVR250 / Thermaltake Big TyphoonHSF

AOA Team fah
Old 16th December, 2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
I'm a little confused about the voltages.. If I look in cpu-z, the CPU voltage is 1.238 v (check my cpu-z screenshot)
In the bios: "Current Processor Voltage" is <1.3250V> If I change the "Cpu Voltage Override" in the bios, the voltage in cpu-z is still 1.238V and the "Current Processor Voltage" in the bios is also still <1.3250>..
That voltage reading in the bios is the VID voltage reading which is always 1.3250v no matter what it's set to in the voltage override.
That is NOT your current Real Time voltage readings. To see that you use CPU-Z. So just ignore that reading OK.
In the screenshot below I have it set to 1.4000v for vcore, but it still shows "Current Processor Voltage 1.3250v" at the bottom...just ignore that OK because it never shows your real current vcore but CPU-Z will.
Don't ask me why it does that...it just does...LOL
Attached Thumbnails
OC'ing the Q6600 on the Intel D975XBX2 board-3.5ghz-overclock-bios-settings.jpg  

Last edited by MUff1N; 16th December, 2008 at 11:24 PM.
Old 17th December, 2008, 12:39 PM

I have just set my cpu voltage to 1.4 in the bios. I'm know running at 3.4 Ghz, but my cpu-z still shows 1.238V.. (see cpu-z screenshot)

Edit: Seems like I had an older version of cpu-z, I have downloaded vers 1.49, and now it shows my current Vcore ^^
Attached Thumbnails
OC'ing the Q6600 on the Intel D975XBX2 board-naamloos.jpg   OC'ing the Q6600 on the Intel D975XBX2 board-naamloos1.jpg  

Last edited by Dieterr; 17th December, 2008 at 12:46 PM.
Old 17th December, 2008, 01:46 PM

Arrow

Quote:
I have just set my cpu voltage to 1.4 in the bios. I'm know running at 3.4 Ghz, but my cpu-z still shows 1.238V.. (see cpu-z screenshot)

Edit: Seems like I had an older version of cpu-z, I have downloaded vers 1.49, and now it shows my current Vcore ^^
Yea the older versions most of the time showed just the VID of the CPU, but with the new versions it shows the current vcore.

Good for you...let us know how it goes & if it stays stable. Welcome to the world of OCing.
From here on out you will never leave a system running at stock speeds...
Now your system is running faster than mine with a good FSB speed.
I'm surprised you didn't have to raise NB/SB & FSB voltages to get it stable. You just may have one of the better badaxe 2 mobos.
Mine isn't very good & likes to fight with me when it comes to higher clocks. Yet another reason to leave it at default voltages.
Btw, what's your temps look like? Core Temp is a good one to look at your core temps on the CPU & Speedfan for all around systems sensor readouts. Speedfan works very well with the Badaxe 2 board.
Attached Thumbnails
OC'ing the Q6600 on the Intel D975XBX2 board-core-temp.jpg   OC'ing the Q6600 on the Intel D975XBX2 board-speedfan.jpg  

Last edited by MUff1N; 18th December, 2008 at 07:06 PM.
Old 18th December, 2008, 07:05 PM

On 3.4 the temps maxed at 62C, which I found to hot ^^
I'm now running stable @ 3.0 with a max temp (at 100% stressed) of 50C. But in games temps are max 43C..Idle temps are arround 30C.
I've ordered an extra radiator and some good Thermal Compound. Hope I can get it stable @ 3.4 with good temps Any thoughts of the NB/SB and FSB voltages on that clockspeed? (FSB of 378)

Last edited by Dieterr; 18th December, 2008 at 07:09 PM.
Old 18th December, 2008, 07:20 PM

Arrow

Quote:
On 3.4 the temps maxed at 62C, which I found to hot ^^
I'm now running stable @ 3.0 with a max temp (at 100% stressed) of 50C. But in games temps are max 43C..Idle temps are arround 30C.
I've ordered an extra radiator and some good Thermal Compound. Hope I can get it stable @ 3.4 with good temps Any thoughts of the NB/SB and FSB voltages on that clockspeed? (FSB of 378)
Actually 62c isn't that hot considering it goes up to 71c, but for a water cooler it is a bit warm...
Probably a combination of the TIM & waterblock not being seated properly.
Remember you are running 4 cores to my 2. That's the reason my temps are so low, plus this Zalman all copper cooler is really good!

For 3.4GHz I'd try the voltages already given for that & see if that's stable.

CPU vcore set to 1.4000v-1.4125v with Enhanced Powerslope Enabled
Front Side Bus Voltage Override: 1.350v-1.400v
MCH/ICH Voltage Override: 1.575v-1.600v

Btw, the OC bug bit me again giving instructions to you!
So I'm testing some setting a 3.46GHz (30% OC) with 5-5-5-15 timings at 2.20v on the memory.

Edit: Testing done & up & running stable at these settings below.
Hottest it got under full load in OCCT was 52c.

3.46GHz Overclock: 3.46GHz Validation
Host Clock Frequency set to 346
CPU vcore set to 1.4125v with Enhanced Powerslope Enabled
Front Side Bus Voltage Override: 1.350v (1384MHz)
MCH/ICH Voltage Override: 1.600v
Memory set to 5-5-5-15 CL @ 2.20v / Memory frequency: 667 / Reference Frequency
266 (FSB/DRAM 4:5) @ 865MHz

If you look at the graph chart for the vcore, you'll see the amount of vdroop there is under load as compared to idle.
Attached Thumbnails
OC'ing the Q6600 on the Intel D975XBX2 board-occt-3.46ghz.jpg   OC'ing the Q6600 on the Intel D975XBX2 board-everest-cpuid-3.46ghz.jpg   OC'ing the Q6600 on the Intel D975XBX2 board-occt-stable-3.46ghz.jpg   OC'ing the Q6600 on the Intel D975XBX2 board-vdroop-under-load.png  

Last edited by MUff1N; 19th December, 2008 at 02:10 PM.
Old 19th December, 2008, 03:36 PM

Do you always test for 1 hour? I did the test for 10 hours and after 2.5 hours, an error occured so..
I also can't get any voltages in OCCT..

Hope the radiator arrives next week, i'm looking forword to run on 3.4 ^^

Tags
d975xbx2