AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 7th October, 2001, 01:53 PM

Question Abit VH6 voltage

Is there any way to get the CPU voltage to 2.1V on this motherboard?
Old 7th October, 2001, 02:02 PM

Send a message via ICQ to dimmreaper Send a message via AIM to dimmreaper

Hey burekar, welcome to our home away from home.

Have ever here of Vid Pinning? If not, do a quick search and see if you can find out how it's done. I can't remember off the top of my head which pins need to be connected, so I can't really be of anymore help.

Wishing you were someone else is a waste of the person you are. - Kurt Cobain

AOA Team fah

Last edited by dimmreaper; 7th October, 2001 at 02:05 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 7th October, 2001, 05:37 PM
Banned

I know it's possible but I have never done it. Dimmreaper was on the right track, there's a vid pinning mod that will work.
Old 7th October, 2001, 08:53 PM

I didn`t find anything. I am asking you this, because I crashed my Abit BH6 and I`m buying a new motherboard for my celeron 700. It needs 2.1V to reach 1176Mhz. Is VH6 stable enough for that much overclock?
Btw, how do I put a picture under my name in this forum?
Old 7th October, 2001, 09:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by burekar
I didn`t find anything. I am asking you this, because I crashed my Abit BH6 and I`m buying a new motherboard for my celeron 700. It needs 2.1V to reach 1176Mhz. Is VH6 stable enough for that much overclock?
I really couldn't answer whether it is stable with that big of a voltage mod. I dunno it's a great idea to run any intel chip (since the Katmais) at that high a voltage anyway .

In your edit options (under USER CP above) there's a section for an 'avatar', that will allow you to upload your picture; but there are size requirements (think 120x120 and less that 200KB).
Old 9th October, 2001, 02:47 PM

Avatar size is actually 130x130! Know that cause i registered now!

ASUS CUV4X-E -PIII 700 @924 1.8V -HSF Thermaltake VolcanoII
128 TONICOM 166 - SEAGATE 30GB -INNO3D TORNADO GF2 MX400 64MB -SBlaster 512 -3COM 10/100 NIC
----------
ABIT BE6II REV 1.1 -CELERON 400 - 192 PC133 - MAXTOR 10GB - RIVA TNT2 M64 32MB - SBLASTER PCI64

Last edited by TheCrow; 9th October, 2001 at 02:51 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 9th October, 2001, 02:54 PM
AOA Staff
Tetris Champion

Quote:
If you haven't bought the board yet, consider a slotket w/ a slot 1 board.. I have Abit VT6x4's w/ slotkets. My slotkets have fsb pins and voltage pins. I set the slotket to 1.85v, and the MB thinks that is the default, and let's me select anywhere from 1.3 to 2.05 volts, could set it higher but don't need it.

Slotket's may be hard to come by tho, and some do not have pins.
Good luck.
SteveI.

Last edited by SteveI; 9th October, 2001 at 03:09 PM.
Old 9th October, 2001, 05:10 PM

I bought my VH6-2. It looks pretty cool, but I haven`t installed it yet, because I`m modding my case big time.
Hope I`ll reach 1200 somehow.
Old 9th October, 2001, 05:59 PM

I assembled my motherboard, video card, RAM, CPU and disk together. Everything looked fine, until I entered BIOS and saw a blank screen in the PC Health session.What? Any ideas? I was looking forward to see the temperatures, because my older BH6 didn`t show the CPU temperature, but now I can`t even see the moptherboard temperature.
Help me, and please be fast.
Old 10th October, 2001, 01:52 AM

Have you tried downloading latest bios at Abit?

ASUS CUV4X-E -PIII 700 @924 1.8V -HSF Thermaltake VolcanoII
128 TONICOM 166 - SEAGATE 30GB -INNO3D TORNADO GF2 MX400 64MB -SBlaster 512 -3COM 10/100 NIC
----------
ABIT BE6II REV 1.1 -CELERON 400 - 192 PC133 - MAXTOR 10GB - RIVA TNT2 M64 32MB - SBLASTER PCI64
Old 10th October, 2001, 04:24 PM

Wasn't their a Bios hack called Abit rides again or something like that maybe it was for a different board.

AMD XP 1700+ @ 1639mhz (Bad vid card can't hold high FSB)
Epox 8hka+
Aska Silver Mtn 40ºC full load folding 24/7
60gb Seagate 7200rpm
60gb Seagate 7200rpm
GF2MX400 w/ updated bios modded with 23cfm fan and AS2 under the heatsink on the GPU
Old 28th October, 2001, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AmbientFiction
Wasn't their a Bios hack called Abit rides again or something like that maybe it was for a different board.
I might be possible, depending on the voltage regulator, and it's implementation. I'd guess it's possible, especially if the VH6-II supports the old PPGA celerons . . . .

AOA Team fah
Old 18th November, 2001, 05:17 AM

Ummm..........I'm not familiar with that board, but have used a few of the old BX Abit boards. If it uses SoftMenu II, have ya tried the re-flash trick??
The old progs ya'll are talking about were called Rise_of_Abit, unfortunately the Hippi site is no longer there. These progs were board specific, a different prog for each board. I've managed to find a couple of them and will continue to keep an eye out for others.
Old 19th November, 2001, 01:15 PM

Unfortunately I have Softmenu 3.
Please E-mail me, if you`ll find s proggie for my motherboard.
Old 19th November, 2001, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately I have Softmenu 3.
Please E-mail me, if you`ll find s proggie for my motherboard.
I certainly will
Old 19th November, 2001, 04:15 PM

Yo burekar! Check this out, it's good for up to 2.05V. If you need more hardware hackage of some sort or another might be neccessary.

http://www.wildandyc.co.uk/pieces/vidpin/

AOA Team fah

Last edited by dimmreaper; 19th November, 2001 at 04:17 PM.
Old 20th November, 2001, 05:44 PM

dimmreaper:
I don`t have the balls to do this kinda stuff. Don`t wanna screw around with copper on my celeron. It would be much better, if a motherboard voltage hack could be found(like the hacks for Duron/Athlon motherboards).
Old 21st November, 2001, 12:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
dimmreaper:
I don`t have the balls to do this kinda stuff. Don`t wanna screw around with copper on my celeron. It would be much better, if a motherboard voltage hack could be found(like the hacks for Duron/Athlon motherboards).
It's not that bad. I need my PC for music, etc, but I did the pin mod because it's safer than modifying/soldering and fool proof if done properly.

I hate taking chances with my PC that would render it useless for any stretch of time, but this one isn't as difficult or as involved as it may first seem.
Old 21st November, 2001, 10:49 AM

Quote:
dimmreaper:
You could get a block of dip switches and solder them up to the back side of the motherboard(vi jumper wires), to the appropriate pins, and have yourself one nice flexible motherboard. You could even use dip switches soldered directly to the appropriate pins on the voltage regulator. There are many things you could do, I was just trying to give you some idea of what is typically done.

AOA Team fah
Old 21st November, 2001, 12:21 PM

I thank you for the information that you gave me. I will continue to try with burn-in to get the high FSB on low voltage.
If it won`t work, then I`ll just have to do this pinning mod. The only problem is taking the processor off the board(I accidenataly broke the plastic where the coolers are usually holding to the CPU, so it is very hard to put my water block back on the CPU after a CPU removal).
If I`ll find the time to do it, I`ll probably do it.