AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 29th April, 2002, 07:16 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by moo
wow there is some seriously nasty "attitude" on this board.

My complaint is a valid one.. i think these days people expect to see thermal monitoring in place and functioning on any reasonable motherboard.

To say that it's my fault because i didn't specifically check for this is absolutely unacceptable.
If you rush into a purchase, assuming that it will support the features you want, then shame on you. Why else do companies spend so much time wrapping up all these details in statements of work (SoWs), RFP (Request for Proposal) and contracts?

Nowhere in the specs I've seen for the board does it say "Monitoring of Thermal Diode". Assuming that the board will when there's no statement to back it up is purely wishful thinking.

You *HAVE* to tie details down to the last letter of your requirements. If you don't, you will be burnt, and it can only be your own fault. Why else are there so many rich consultants out there, having sold a client an expensive system that doesn't fit their needs?

AidanII
Old 29th April, 2002, 07:54 PM

Hi All

I am new here and I just e-mail EPOX about this problem .So read what there reply is .I dont understand it do you but it .

EDITED PER EPOX'S CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE.
If you have some problem with comprehending a reply from a tech, I recommend you simply email back the tech.

Last edited by Superman; 29th April, 2002 at 11:54 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 29th April, 2002, 08:03 PM
EPoX Tech

Please note the confidentiality notice - please edit your posting.
Old 30th April, 2002, 09:11 AM

bios update please

@ Epox

I no that it is a CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE.But as you can see there is alot of user's with the same problems and I think we are all trying to get to the bottom of the problem.As we all went out
and payed good money thinking that we are buying a mother board,That will do what we want.I must say that I have never used an epox before and I must say that the board as not be over clocked.But it is showing as very hot from the first boot off the day in the bios.All thro I do think the board is very good and I do like all things about it thats why I got it ,When I was look to buy a board I must off looked at about 20 others and came up with yours which was the very first one that I looked at.So all I am saying is get this biso up dated to fix the temperature problem out and you will have a great board.Long live epox 4dsa+..
Old 30th April, 2002, 01:46 PM

mastering3d

You're more than likely talking to a brick wall here. If they do anything to fix it then it will a first. For now they don't even admit the problem exists.
Old 30th April, 2002, 04:38 PM

your right ..
Old 30th April, 2002, 05:04 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via MSN to mookydooky

I think there's a couple of things you guys should understand about the Epox Tech here. First of all, he does this voluntarily on his own time. He is not paid to support this forum. We should all be grateful he's here at all. He may not have helped you with your particular problem, but he's helped many others with theirs and it would a loss to the forum is he decides that he's had enough of this and goes away.

Second, he is NOT allowed to speak his mind concerning everything. He is bound by Non Disclosure Agreements with his employers and he is not at liberty to discuss anything and everything. My guess is that this particular issue is one of them.

I think if I had this particular board, and I had similar problems, I would be pretty annoyed too. That said, I think it's in poor taste to come whining about it repetitively when it is obvious that ET is not willing to respond to the matter. If you're cool about it and willing to wait, I'm sure there will be some solution in the near future. Whining about things gets you nowhere and it makes you look immature.

AOA Team fah

我喜欢大屁股, 我不能骗你..... 他们弟兄不能否认......
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 30th April, 2002, 09:54 PM
Systems Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Superman

This thread has been moved to Intel Motherboards. Please read this thread:

4SDA+ Temperature Issue -- MUST READ

Thank you for your understanding.

"You have to go outside the sequence of engines, into the world of men, to find the real originator of the rocket. Is it not equally reasonable to look outside nature for the real Originator of the natural order?
-C.S. Lewis

Director of JavaScript section of the Allied Sites Support Team, web designer and programmer for DaOCPlace, and co-web designer and programmer for AOA Files

<>< I Believe-Do You?
Old 4th May, 2002, 02:16 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via MSN to mookydooky

Here's a link to a guy who actually throttled his P4. CPU throttling apparently kicks in around 82-85C. If you think you're experiencing throttling at 70C, you're probably wrong and it's probably something else.

http://forums.anandtech.com/messagev...hreadid=775629

AOA Team fah

我喜欢大屁股, 我不能骗你..... 他们弟兄不能否认......

Last edited by mookydooky; 4th May, 2002 at 02:24 AM.
Old 13th May, 2002, 10:15 PM

I to have one of these boards and was searching for an answer to the monitoring problem. The manual DOES mention the ability to monitor CPU temps Here on page 8 of 63, if anyone is interested. It would be nice if it worked.
Old 14th May, 2002, 01:28 AM

I'm looking into this matter.

I soon should have a way round this problem for you guys. It will enable you to overclock higher providing you are running into it locking up at around 70C (according to the boards CPU temp reading).
Old 14th May, 2002, 01:55 AM

Gforce100

I'd be interested in your findings. Keep posting 'cause I'd hate to give up on this board.
Old 14th May, 2002, 03:00 AM

Well I'm not saying anything yet in case it flips and turns out I hit a wall again. I'm giving it some more time so I can run various stuff and conclude I have ovecome the tempreture issue after all.

So long as you have a good northwood, good cooling and good RAM (PCI components would come handy too) then you should not give up on this board. However my final verdict will come soon.