AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 25th July, 2012, 05:34 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

WOW! I didn't know it gave Temps as well, never opened it beyond default! LOL

She was up all night cavorting with her minions, while no doubt excited by the digits flocking to her she never the less remained cool and dignified ( Never broke 40C.... This is reported by my Koolance thermister which generally runs 2-5 C lower than "Monitor" in the Bios....I think the difference between them increases to around 5C lower reporting with Koolance when the temps go up. So I'm probably between 42-46C on die guessing.

Koolance fans set to auto (Never got passed the setting 3.... of 10) and the pump set to 6 (68%).

Before we got our reporting app the temps kinda fooled me, Kept thinking this can't be working, my temps are hardly going up.

Next post, I'll post picks 10 seconds apart, One folding, the next with Folding paused.

This posts for you A.! Many thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Turned in my Z68 MB for a Asus P8 Z77-V  PRO...sigh-screenshot-2012-07-25-09-14   Turned in my Z68 MB for a Asus P8 Z77-V  PRO...sigh-screenshot-2012-07-25-09-19  
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Last edited by Daniel ~; 25th July, 2012 at 06:30 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 25th July, 2012, 05:57 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

You might notice that we decided, (My CPU and I) that 4800 was beneath her and failed to really express her real intentions towards folding

...AND.. I think there may be more low hanging ( low voltage) fruit still to be picked... She's at 1.370 with CPU offset Voltage. (For those not yet in the know, Offset voltage climbs as the chip ramps up under load and declines as it ramps down.

So at Stock voltage is at stock, at 5.0 it climbs as high as I set the offset voltage to.In this case 1.370

I also raised the Front side bus by 100.3 to get solidly into the 50 range, It was bouncing between 4997 and 50, (Very annoying!)I noticed that the BCLK was bouncing with it so I re-set it

(BCLK) from 100.0 to 100.3 and went from 5.0 to 5.14- 5.16... still bounces, but it in the 5.0 range so that's OK! LOL

When I pause Folding she drops down in three bounces, and comes back up the same way...SWEET! ":O}

As far as user experience goes, it's like I'm at stock as far as stability, It feels cool calm and collected...I think I could get use to this, mad power mixed with ecological restaint! Take what you need when you need it and leave the rest for someone else who needs it... Cough...unless your folding for Humanity! LOL
Attached Thumbnails
Turned in my Z68 MB for a Asus P8 Z77-V  PRO...sigh-screenshot-2012-07-25-09-36   Turned in my Z68 MB for a Asus P8 Z77-V  PRO...sigh-screenshot-2012-07-25-09-37  
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Last edited by Daniel ~; 25th July, 2012 at 06:08 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!