AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Intel Motherboards & CPUs

Intel Motherboards & CPUs Questions or comments on INTEL products?

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 1st August, 2012, 07:17 AM
Irreverent Query Chairman

Apprehensive is a word that doesn't exist in my vocabulary, so I'm not afraid of the new generation. I just somehow feel that I may miss the tinkering we've always had to do to get things to be 'just right'.

Engineers are made of a certain 'stuff'. We don't normally like things to happen 'automatically', and we like to have control over the things that can be adjusted. One of the reasons I found a home on this forum some years ago was that I found other like-minded individuals here, engineering types as opposed to simply enthusiasts, who weren't afraid to take something apart, break something down, or simply break something.

That being said, this is clearly the direction that computer hardware is going, so it is an 'accept it or not'. In any case, I'm sure that curious people will find ways to push the envelope no matter how automatic things seem to be.
#1: Tt Armor, ASUS Maximus Extreme, QX9650@4.1G, 8G Corsair Dominator GT DDR3-2000, Corsair HX1050, H2O-Swiftech, Gigabyte GTX470/Arctic Accelero Xtreme Plus II, Intel 520 SSD, Kingston SSD, 2xRaptor 150G RAID0, Win 7 Pro 64
#2: Tt Shark, ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo, Q6600@3.8G, 4G HyperX-1600, Corsair HX850, CoolerMaster V10, 2xASUS 9600GT, 2xRaptor 74G RAID0, OCZ Vertex 4 SSD, Gentoo/siduction Linux [64-bit]
#3, #4: Opteron 170@2.75G nude, A8N-SLI Deluxe, Gentoo

AOA Folding @HomeOur sister site: www.gamersonlinux.com

Last edited by ThunderRd; 1st August, 2012 at 07:25 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 1st August, 2012, 08:21 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

I do hear what you are saying.

I just want to point out that you know what you will lose. What's to be gain remains in doubt. Is this intel killing overclockers with kindness....Or is Intel going to take us somewhere that experience and knowledge can still make a significant difference?

Hard not to miss the old when the new has barely arrived. Also, the new is rarely beautiful. The new lacks refinement and is usually awkward and it's difficult to
see how it could amount to much.

At this point all I'm going on is a hunch, but I think it might turn out OK...

It occures to me that I've failed to grasp something I know, but to often forget about my gifted friends... You guys always could and always did take your overclocks to another level, one that frankly I was happy never to see...so you advanced O/C'ers are no doubt losing more than I. I'm kinda in between, I don't want it to easy or what have I accomplished....but...I want to succeed and I know my limitations...":O}

If you like to tinker...there's pages of Ram settings...Are you into RAM? LOL
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Last edited by Daniel ~; 1st August, 2012 at 08:25 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 2nd September, 2012, 11:49 PM
Asst. BBS Administrator

My store bought Lenovo machine has purple LED's right under the forward bottom edge of the mostly plastic case. They glow rhythmically, waxing and waning. Man, do they make me feel productive!
Uh, kinda stupid tbh. What wizard thought this up?
Old 3rd September, 2012, 03:16 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

You might have the laptop version of a case mod!
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur

Old 6th September, 2012, 01:28 AM

Having lights beeping and rhythmically lighting up beside me as I do my thing makes me a bit worried. It makes me think that the Online Pharmacy CPU is infected with a virus!

Last edited by techjunkie45; 18th September, 2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 6th September, 2012, 02:55 AM
Chief BBS Administrator

No worries, your CPU can't get infected by a virus, have you checked for bacteria?
."
DKE

Richard Wilbur