AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   Intel Motherboards & CPUs (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/5-intel-motherboards-and-cpus/)
-   -   3.0c @ 4.12gigs (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/intel-motherboards-and-cpus/24296-3-0c-4-12gigs.html)

perc 3rd May, 2004 05:17 AM

3.0c @ 4.12gigs

1 Attachment(s)
hey guys

well i finaly got my intel into my mach1 and got it all working today. im running it now at 15x275 4126.4mhz at 5:4 1.75v. im thinking i can setle in around 4.3 gigs if i tweek it and improve on a few things? what im worried about now is if 1.75v is too much even under a promie? i would love to shave some v-core off this chip but maybe im just being to paranoid? anyways check it out. whata you guys think?

peace perc,

Gizmo 3rd May, 2004 06:19 AM

Pour it in there lad! Make it beg! :)

And bear in mind that you are hearing this from the guy who has so far killed two NF7-S, one AN-7, one 3200+, two 2500+, and a partridge in a pear tree. :)

perc 3rd May, 2004 10:41 AM

LOL yeah thats cool i had a feeling someone would tell me that! so your saying that 1.75v v-core is for puss@#s? lol yeah i hear you man ill try some more juice whats the worse that could happen? im an amd peep anyways.....

thx perc,

Gizmo 3rd May, 2004 02:46 PM

Keep an eye on your chip temps. Also, at some point the chip will most likely become unstable from the voltage and increasing the voltage further will only increase the temp without improving stability. This will occur because you are starting to reach the avalanche threshold. Once you reach this point you are risking permanent damage to your chip, so back off. But even 4.1 GHz is pretty respectable, from what I have read.

Allan 3rd May, 2004 04:09 PM

Good overclock, is it stable at that speed`? (like with folding@home or similar)

perc 3rd May, 2004 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allan
Good overclock, is it stable at that speed`? (like with folding@home or similar)

yes and no to be honest with you. i mean i can run anything so far but every once in a while it will reboot so we all know that makes it unstable. i have been playing with the divider options and instead of running the chip at 5:4 4.12gigs 1.75v i decided to try 1:1 and see how close to 4 gigs i could get just using the cpu's defualt v-core and 3759.4mhz is what i got it up to so far. this is stable so far and i have to only use 1.55v so that makes me feel alot safer with it like this even though i do run the mach1 and temps arent a problem even when i do run it at 4.12 gigs and 1.75v. i figure i dont have to run it so high when just surfin and all so ill just use the higher settings for when i benchmark and lower it back down when im just farting around. ok guys thx for you help and advice...

thx perc,

whatever 3rd May, 2004 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perc
so your saying that 1.75v v-core is for puss@#s?

LOL!!

HA HA HA HA :rolling: sorry if i laughed 2 much. :(

:D

hey perc!! I thought you were going for the bartonXP + Prommy project. Plan changed?? I was waiting for your return.. Hey anyways, that's fine.. none of my damn business ha ha ha ha That's a nice high clock there with your P4! :D :)

perc 4th May, 2004 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatever
LOL!!

HA HA HA HA :rolling: sorry if i laughed 2 much. :(

:D

hey perc!! I thought you were going for the bartonXP + Prommy project. Plan changed?? I was waiting for your return.. Hey anyways, that's fine.. none of my damn business ha ha ha ha That's a nice high clock there with your P4! :D :)

i am my nf7 and stuff is getting volt modded as soon as i get it back and the amd kit ill be yanking the intel and using the barton rig. just hard to let that thing sit without atleast playing with it....

peace perc,

whatever 4th May, 2004 12:33 AM

ok perc.

:)

perc 4th May, 2004 02:09 AM

Quote:

ok perc.

:)

LOL youl see man :thumbsup: no way am i out of the game that easy!!

perc,

whatever 4th May, 2004 02:47 AM

that's not what i meant, perc. :(

perc 4th May, 2004 03:12 AM

Quote:

that's not what i meant, perc. :(

oh i know man just havin fun thats all ;) ...

peace perc,

dpgdog187 11th May, 2004 11:49 PM

If Mach Systems can do it, you can

Forget that bro, mach systems has been market a 3.4 o'c to 4.003. If you can get to that speed without the ridiculous cost go for it. Sure eventually it may damage the chip but look at how much you paid for it. Your systems probably in between $800-$1600, theirs starts at around $8000 after tax.

YO DA MAN :thumbsup:

perc 12th May, 2004 12:33 AM

you mean they sell systems called "mach" units starting at 8 grand for an oced 3.4 to 4 gigs? i think i have seen these systems you speak of? that is crazzy they would sell em oced to the hilt like that and even crazzyer that people would buy them! i see what your sayin and it makes sense.....

thx perc,