AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   Intel Motherboards & CPUs (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/5-intel-motherboards-and-cpus/)
-   -   Celeron Motherboard (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/intel-motherboards-and-cpus/29304-celeron-motherboard.html)

Rondog 25th February, 2005 08:44 AM

Is this a CeleronD 320 2.4ghz, the same as the one you oc'ed to 3.6ghz?

GrahamGarside 25th February, 2005 02:24 PM

It is indeed

Rondog 26th February, 2005 05:06 AM

Excellent. :evil:

I have much work to do.

Rondog 27th February, 2005 09:11 AM

What voltage did you have it at? Standard?

SteveI 27th February, 2005 02:18 PM

Regardless of what another CPU could handle, I recommend starting vCORE at stock...
The first 5-600mhz should be easy. Jump the FSB from 133 to 166 in one step, maybe even to 180. Then, a few mhz at a time, have a couple of stress tests handy. If you are ocing memory or trying to run tighter than spec timings, have memtest handy. Otherwise, a CPU intensive program will work.

As soon as you have instability, bump the voltage a notch... rinse, repeat.
:)

Good luck.

Chesso 27th February, 2005 02:36 PM

I didn't even have to do that with mine i bought it yesterday and an asus mobo. I hooked it up and when it came up to the bios it asked whether i wanted to run it at 2.4 or 3.6 :D

SteveI 27th February, 2005 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chesso
I didn't even have to do that with mine i bought it yesterday and an asus mobo. I hooked it up and when it came up to the bios it asked whether i wanted to run it at 2.4 or 3.6 :D

Is this the same system you've been having memory problems with???
If yes, it would explain a lot.

GrahamGarside 27th February, 2005 03:17 PM

Both chips I've tried ran at stock voltage but I have read of some people increasing it slightly.

Rondog 28th February, 2005 11:56 AM

Very nice thanks for all you info. :)

ifebb 5th March, 2005 12:53 PM

Hi all... i'm newcomers and found this article interesting..... i have 2,4ghz Cel D, and an MSI 865PE Neo2 mobo, I've tried to adjust the fsb to 200, but failed, the system won't started.... does anyone have tried to overclock this celeron on msi 865PE Neo2?? ... the maximun i've succeed on 3,06ghz (fsb 170)....

Chesso 5th March, 2005 01:16 PM

That sucks man i have an Asus P4S800-MX and it just asked me what i wanted to run it at and that was that. Iv'e been running it like this on stock cooling for about a week i think. Benchmarking, gaming etc stay pretty cool too.

But that's probably because i have an open case with an actual standard fan on it most of the time mainly due to my gfx card heating up easily when gaming.

EDIT: When i say standard fan i mean one that you would normally use on yourself :p

GrahamGarside 5th March, 2005 03:59 PM

Ifebb are there vcore options in your bios? if so set the FSB the max it will boot with, see if it will boot into windows and run the prime95 stress test (prime95 is in the files section), if it fails increase the vcore slightly and try again.
I think most chips are ok up to about 1.5V

ifebb 18th March, 2005 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrahamGarside
Ifebb are there vcore options in your bios? if so set the FSB the max it will boot with, see if it will boot into windows and run the prime95 stress test (prime95 is in the files section), if it fails increase the vcore slightly and try again.
I think most chips are ok up to about 1.5V

Thanks Graham... After some tweaking i could manage 180 fsb without changing the vcore.... i found that last time arround i didnt set agp/pci freq to 66/33 fixed, so it wont boot... but now, it runs smoothly, with original fan and heatsink, idle temp 49 celcius, full load 61... 3,22ghz fsb 180... PCMark04 score from originally 3037, now scores 4080... quite impressive for firstimer like me :) ... but one thing i wanna ask, i dont know how to use prime95, could you give me a guide for that? thanx before....

GrahamGarside 19th March, 2005 12:31 AM

run it, cacnel the user information page, and options torture test. Leave it for a while and if it stops and reports hardware failure you've gone too far, if it runs for hours without fault then it's safe to assume a good overclock