AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Mobile Devices and Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 28th February, 2003, 12:17 AM

Hmm, I am interested in the concept, as I have a REALLY crappy modem connection. Going to check out this Midpoint software, and see what kind of mess I can make of it.

Dol

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 28th March, 2003, 09:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to killem1x1

I know there is a way to use to connections as 1 for tranferring files via FTP. I don't know if this will help you or if you can use this to gather more information, but the program is called FXP. It will allow you to use 2 connections. I.E; when I'm at home I use FXP through my DSL to connect to an FTP site. I select my T1 connection at work, and use the bandwidth there to download files, as well as my DSL. The T1 is can be directed to a local download, or download to my DSL immediately or later. It might be worth a try.

The main thing for me is to get my files off the FTP as quickly as possible, but I think you could probably rig this to work with 2 internet connections for a variety of uses.
Old 28th March, 2003, 11:57 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

Actually, all FXP does is connect the two FTP servers to each other directly, rather than your your machine. Hence you get the bandwidth between the two FTP servers, rather than between them and you.

Áedán
Old 6th April, 2005, 01:59 AM

I see then.....

I have two cable modem Connnections from the same ISP 2x 512k is it possible for them to team work together

Áedán.......ive been reading your theories about many topics, and man i can see you know your stuff 101% what is your Job.

let me guess... Art of Intrusion lectures or something in that degree???

im currious....

and thanks 2 Kaitain for leading me to this topic for the Info that i requested
Abit IN9 32X-MAX WiFi nForce 680i
Intel Core 2 DUO E6600 2.4ghz
CellShock 2GB DDR2 PC2-6400C4 800MHz
2 x BFG GeForce 8800 GTX OC 768MB GDDR3 SLi
Western Digital Raptor X 150GB
Western Digital Caviar SE16 320GB 3200KS
Tagan 1.1kw Turbojet Quad SLi
Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro
Saitek X-52 Pro edition
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 6th April, 2005, 09:43 AM
Chief Systems Administrator

To be honest with you, I don't think you're going to get too much joy from the cable company, as it's not worth their while setting up a special system just for you. The best you could probably do is load balance across them, so one connection would end up going out one pipe and the next connection out the other.

I don't lecture (ok, I've been invited to speak about wireless but that doesn't really count!), but I do work as a consultant in the world of information security.