AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Mobile Devices and Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26th November, 2002, 03:04 AM

Send a message via AIM to Cyberey66

Now what for an apache newbie?

I setup an apache server in my room (1.3 windows) with playlists and a virtual directory with all my mp3s so I can listen to music at school. I learned the very basics, and I setup Basic authentication. I'm gonna switch to digest authentication either tomorrow or the day after.

What should I do now? I need more fun stuff to learn on apache. Any suggestions on something I can do. The main purpose of this server is to listen to my music from other computers. I have it setup now so a window with an embedded playlist pops up when you select an artist.

I'm not really looking on the details to do something, just an idea and I'll read up how to do it.

"skin and tragedy are the ways to attract a crowd"
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 26th November, 2002, 10:42 AM
Chief Systems Administrator

How about a more fully featured jukebox, where you can search for a track by artist or album? How about track counters, so it's easy to spot the unpopular or popular tracks. How about using the genres, so you can choose tracks by genres?

AidanII