AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Mobile Devices and Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 9th January, 2003, 02:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to Con

Windows 2000 server login script and how to set variables

Hi, I work in a secondary school as a network technician. To deploy the proxy server settings to all the machines on the network, i made a .reg file and deployed it in the login script with regedt. however, some of the admin machines on the network use a different connection to the internet, thru a local isdn CLAM. However, when they log in it obviously deploys the wrong settings to their machine. I have to go round to these 5 pcs each morning when the staff are logged in and change there proxy settings for them. However, as this is per-machine not per-login (the users have the same proxy settings as pupils when they login in a network room) i was wondering how i could use an if statement in the login script so if the machine is an admin machine it goes to a new line and sets new proxy settings.

Perhaps i need to use something like

IF EXISTS C:\admin.proxy goto ADMINPROXY
regedt32 <normal proxy reg file>

:ADMINPROXY:
regedt32 <admin proxy reg file>

-rest of login script-

Would this work before i try it and screw the network up? I need some brownie points so if this will work pls let me know

Conrad