AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Mobile Devices and Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10th March, 2005, 04:21 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Angry Nokia 7650

I know it's old but I just happen to have one. When using Xmicro bluetooth I can send files to my phone with no problems. However I cannot send files from the phone to my computer. On the phone I get the message "can not connect" I have downloaded the PC Suite for my Nokia model and I can't set it up. It will not find the phone. What am I doing wrong. I have also SP2 installed. Can this be the problem? I checked the serial com for my bluetoth conection and I have there com4 as incoming but there is no outgoing installed. So I installed an outgoing serial and it's com5 now. But I still have this problem. Pls help.

Thanks

Chris
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10th March, 2005, 04:42 PM
AOA Staff

This may be of help to you:
http://www.epox.org/cms/index.php?op...etails&gid=196
Old 10th April, 2005, 07:41 PM

Is that really for generic BT devices as I have one that I cant find any drivers for and will be trying this out asap!

Thanks for the link Dan!
Old 10th April, 2005, 11:19 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

What drivers are you using? When you install SP2, SP2 installs it's own Bluetooth stack, and replaces whatever was there before. The SP2 Bluetooth stack is rather more limited, which makes it really annoying!
Old 11th April, 2005, 12:08 AM

mines a zeevo bt device which comes up under sp2 as a supported device yet its not?
Old 11th April, 2005, 01:17 AM
Chief Systems Administrator

Generally, most Bluetooth dongles fall into one of two camps, either a Broadcom based device, or a CSR based device. That may well be why Windows thinks it is supported.

What problems are you having?
Old 11th April, 2005, 01:43 AM
Mars Rover Champion, Joust Champion

Send a message via MSN to Kaitain Send a message via Skype™ to Kaitain

Sorry if you've already tried this but with SP2's BT stack, you have to tell it "receive file" prior to starting to send the file to the computer or it'll simply reject the connection.

I've had some interesting issues when sending/receiving files using the BlueZ (Linux) stack. Some phones (my K700i) won't accept sending the file to the computer, but will allow me to browse the phone and transfer files through a file manager. A colleague's Nokia wouldn't allow this (despite offering OBEX Browse as a service), requiring files to be PUSHed to and from it instead. Bluetooth is not a very standard standard, it seems...