AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Mobile Devices and Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 8th April, 2005, 03:25 PM

Slow file transfer between 2 computers

If I transfer files from box A to box B using box A as the controlling terminal all is fine, BUT if I transfer the SAME files from the same location to the same location using box B as the controlling terminal the transfer is either very, very slow or dies altogether. I tried different files and the same thing. I reversed the transfer (B to A) and still the same thing. The computer which I used to initate the xfer shows no problem. If I do it from the other the xfer dies.

I have defragged both drives and changed NIC's in both boxes. I also forced 100 full duplex on both cards.
Both boxes are running 2k w/sp4 with new O/S installs.

Hope that made sense. Any ideas?
Old 8th April, 2005, 03:32 PM
AOA Staff

what are you connecting them through? have you tried a straight crossover cable?