AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Mobile Devices and Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 24th April, 2005, 07:32 PM

Question Wireless Network Security

i have a belkin wired/wireless adsl modem router which works fine for our pc and 3 laptops. i have mac address filtering enabled but i tried to enable wep 64bit encryption as i have noticed 2 other wireless networks locally. when this was enabled my laptop kept dropping the connection every few minutes and then gave a message that my belkin network was available but would not connect unless i switched the wireless off an on again. is it possible to tell each modem to only connect to the one network and not to keep searching for others? thanx in advance for any advice
Old 24th April, 2005, 11:58 PM
Member / Master of Toiletries

Send a message via MSN to Toro Send a message via Skype™ to Toro

I have belkin equipment for my wireless network, with the cards came the Belkin Wireless Utility which allowed me to set the PC's connected to wireless network to automatically connect only to my network. I'm sure the same can be done if you are using WinXP's own wireless configuration, but i found that it clashed with Belkin's thing, so i disabled it

"Check the Forum Rules Announcement, listed there."

AOA Team fah

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!