AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Mobile Devices and Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 15th January, 2006, 04:50 PM
AOA Staff

Homebrew Tetris for PSP (firmware 2.6)

Quote:
Here it is at last, the moment that v2.6 users have been waiting for - the first homebrew game for the v2.6 firmware.

You can read about it and download it here - including some tips for troubleshooting any problems you might have running it.

Note that this version has some very minor tweaks from yesterday's initial release, mostly aimed at fixing problems running with EU copies of GTA, on v2.6. It works flawlessly on my newly-upgraded v2.6 PSP, let me know if you have any problems.

I plan to release a 'DIY v2.6 homebrew' package at some point in the near future, which will include the GTA Tetris source, and allow people to port their own simple games to v2.01-v2.6, while waiting for the EBOOT loader to be finished.
About to take a look...

You can find it on this page:
http://fanjita.org/
Old 15th January, 2006, 06:51 PM
Steve Jobs

I love all this.

At some point Sony has to just put their hands in the air and accept homebrew, as something that sells PSPs.

People that use homebrew still buy UMDs and games, they just like to do more with their kit.

You know GTA sales have gone up and up since this was discovered lol.
Running Fedora 15 Linux (GNOME 3)
Dual Dell 2407WFP
AOA Team fah

Drivers, Games, Demos, Mods and Overclocking Tools At AOAFiles
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 15th January, 2006, 07:06 PM
AOA Staff

LOL. I don't have GTA since it's not that highly rated on the PSP.

Any more of this and I may get it just for the "hole".
Old 15th January, 2006, 10:32 PM
Chief Systems Administrator

I think Sony is a bit more concerned with piracy than homebrew right now, although there is a very strong connection between the appearence of homebrew and piracy taking off...
Old 16th January, 2006, 12:12 AM

Thing is with homebrew on 2.0 upwards it's impossible to get ISO booting working due to no kernal access at all. I think Sony have found the middle ground if they aren't too blind to see this.

Homebrew that sells the console.

No kernal access = no piracy that harms profits.

They have been VERY lucky to patch the hole in the 1.5 kernal with 2.0 and then implementing games that only work in 2.0 upwards therefore not killing the homebrew scene but also moving the console forwards as far as functions go.

I'm never gonna update from my 1.5 firmware as new games on the psp simply do not interest me one bit.

The attention my PSP receives has waned quite a lot recently in favor of my DS which is much better by far for games.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 2.4Ghz
2x 2GB OCZ Hiper 1066mhz
ATi Radeon HD4870 512MB
Samsung Syncmaster 15"

Apple Macbook Pro
15'' Core 2 Duo 2.33Ghz
X1600 Mobility Radeon
Boot camp Mac os X/Vista

AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 7th February, 2006, 09:31 PM

i still cant find a downgrade for my psp, its currently at v2.5 and i am in need of a v1.5 lol. does any1 know how long it will b b4 the downgrade is found? thanks !