AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Mobile Devices and Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 14th March, 2006, 10:11 AM
Breakout Champion

New version of the PSP.

I found this while surfing the web, thought it would be interesting to you PSP owners. The story is below..

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/psp/new...icn-159866.php
Ubuntu

HP Pavillion DV9535nr Laptop

AOA Team fah AOA Team files
"Who you callin a psycho?!" Kingpin
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 15th March, 2006, 06:17 PM
AOA Staff

More here:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6145973.html

Camera is confirmed and a lower priced package at $199 in the US.
Old 15th March, 2006, 07:43 PM
Mars Rover Champion, Joust Champion

Send a message via MSN to Kaitain Send a message via Skype™ to Kaitain

I would doubt that they would release a PSP with 4GB embedded memory. Since 4GB memory sticks are due out later this year, maybe they will release a "tetra-gigapack" or similar. Basically, I don't think they've shifted as many units as they would need to in order to have the confidence to release a new unit so soon.

The GPS and camera bolt-ons are welcome, though.
Old 16th March, 2006, 02:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to fantomfreq

It sounds to me like somebody just got a couple facts mixed up. I don't think that there will be a new unit after reading this info, just that there will be more first-party peripherals for the psp than ever before.

I'd like to see a price and features of the GPS receiver. Geocaching has always struck me as an interesting hobby, though I've never had the cash laying around to buy a GPS device just for a hobby. If I can get the device for $50 or so, I wouldn't even hesitate at hopping on board.
Old 16th March, 2006, 02:48 PM

Balls. I doubt they'd do it so soon.

As for the PS3, it's been confirmed for November/Christmas of this year, NOT next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf2000me
Skinny people are not petite in every aspect of the body, let me tell you that
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsio
I was searching for a synonym for testicles that rhymed with hats

[/FONT]

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 17th March, 2006, 12:50 AM

Not true the PS3 was annoced Nation wide as delayed, Personally I think it has to do with a 6800U arcitecture in the RSX, not the heat like everyone's bean saying.
Also I think the PS3 is screwed since the 360 now has such a lead. The PS3 will come out around the time of the revoloution.
4-4-4-12
160GB
256 MB 6800GT 413/1102
Main Rig
AMD 4000+ 2772 MHz w/ DFI SLI DR
2GB Corsair XMS (with LED's of course)@ 2.5-3-2-11 @ 240MHz
250GB HDD SATA2
Xfi-64MB X-Ram
WMCE
7800GTX OC-516(+40Mhz Delta clock)/1300
AOA Team fah
"The motherboard installation section essentially said "refer to motherboard manual for installation instructions". My motherboard manual of course said "refer to case manual for further installation instructions"."
Old 17th March, 2006, 01:41 AM
Chief BBS Administrator
BassTeroids Champion, Global Player Champion, Aim & Fire Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Othello Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, Unicycle Challenge Champion, YetiSports 9: Final Spit Champion, Zed Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Gizmo Send a message via AIM to Gizmo Send a message via MSN to Gizmo Send a message via Yahoo to Gizmo Send a message via Skype™ to Gizmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcatmk3
Also I think the PS3 is screwed since the 360 now has such a lead.
Not necessarilly. It really depends on how well MS executes on building and shipping 360s between now and when Sony ships the PS3, as well as whether or not the PS3 is ready to ship in volume when it is released.

Now, if MS had been able to meet demand for the 360 at launch, Sony WOULD be pretty much screwed by now. As it is, it will be pretty tight between the two of them, I think.
Old 17th March, 2006, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcatmk3
Not true the PS3 was annoced Nation wide as delayed, Personally I think it has to do with a 6800U arcitecture in the RSX, not the heat like everyone's bean saying.
Actually, your wrong. As Danrok has now proved in another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf2000me
Skinny people are not petite in every aspect of the body, let me tell you that
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsio
I was searching for a synonym for testicles that rhymed with hats

[/FONT]