AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Mobile Devices and Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 26th August, 2006, 01:57 AM

Send a message via MSN to WonderBread Send a message via Yahoo to WonderBread

New Cell Phone

Its time for a new phone. I'm getting sick of this POS LG AX5000. The only good thing about it is that it can take a beating!! I've dropped it off of an 8 foot ladder more times than i can count.

Everything else sucks on the phone, IMO. I have to wait for the text message to catch up to me because its so slow, the camera phone is alright, but i've seen better. people tell me that they have to call multiple times for me to answer; I only hear it ring once. I cant browse the web with it or it will restart it self...ect.

I have Alltel as my provider so my phone options are limited, and the Razr is over-rated.

I have my eye set on the Motorola E815. I looks nice, has a nice big LCD, and has all the options i want and more. But i have one or two questions about it and i hope someone here has this same phone and can help me out.

The main thing i want to be able to do with this phone is to take the music i have on my computer and make ringtones out of them and put them to my friends and family, instead of having just one ringer. Does anyone know if this phone has that capability?

The other question is, how loud is the speaker phone? I have to use it alot at work because of the odd places i have to get up into, and the environment is quite loud.

other than that...if anyone else had Alltel as their provider and they have a preference i'm all ears. I will be going and purchasing a new phone most likely on Monday so a quick response would be most appreciated!

Thanks,
WonderBread