AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Mobile Devices and Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11th August, 2007, 04:51 AM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Is T-Mobile on the move?

Quote:
T-Mobile may be extending its Hotspot@Home service to offer voice over IP for fixed-line users.

The company is working with Linksys to make a router that integrates home phone lines into the service along with providing VoIP service over cell phones, according to recently filed documents with the Federal Communications Commission.

In June, T-Mobile launched its Hotspot@Home service, which allows T-Mobile cell phone subscribers to transfer calls seamlessly between the T-Mobile cellular network and a Wi-Fi hot spot in the home. The service is being offered for an introductory rate of $9.99 for a single cell phone. So far, it only supports two phones: the Samsung t409 and the Nokia 6086. Subscribers are also able to use the service with T-Mobile's more than 8,500 hot spots around the country.
Read more here.

Looks like the phone companies should really start to worry. Or maybe those that stay with the phone companies, as you know they are going to have to recover revenue somehow!!
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th August, 2007, 12:16 PM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

My cable and internet provider offers VOIP as such. We now have Cable tv, internet, and our home phone through one provider. The cool thing about the phone service is, it offers many more features, the line clarity is unreal( I can hear things in the background like as if I were there) and it is all much cheaper. They just brought a nifty new modem that now runs my internet and phone. It also has a built in battery backup so my phone will still work if the power goes out.

I think VOIP is the now for phone land line service. It piggy backs on an already existing infrastructure. They offer more and a cheaper price. It is win win for the customer.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 11th August, 2007, 11:23 PM
AOA Staff

Send a message via AIM to robbie Send a message via MSN to robbie Send a message via Yahoo to robbie Send a message via Skype™ to robbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuknow View Post
My cable and internet provider offers VOIP as such. We now have Cable tv, internet, and our home phone through one provider.

I think VOIP is the now for phone land line service. It piggy backs on an already existing infrastructure. They offer more and a cheaper price. It is win win for the customer.
My point exactly. How much were you paying for a phone line before? What was your average bill? Mines (becuase of the dsl) is usually about $80~$100 (Kriss talks ALOT!! )
Buy it, Sell it, or Trade it in the AoA classifieds!!
AOA Team fah
Old 12th August, 2007, 01:08 AM

Send a message via MSN to Samuknow

My phone alone was about 70 bucks a month. It is 30 now with our cable co and it is much better. Free long distance and all.