AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Hardware > Mobile Devices and Networking

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 15th August, 2012, 11:22 PM
AOA Staff

Nokia, Microsoft Announce Windows Phone Event for Sept. 5

Quote:
The launch of Windows Phone 8 is getting closer, and now there?s a specific announcement date on the calendar. Nokia and Microsoft have invited the press to a joint Sept. 5 event in New York City, where they are expected to discuss Windows Phone 8.
Story here: Nokia, Microsoft Announce Windows Phone Event for Sept. 5 | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
Old 16th August, 2012, 03:57 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

Boy I'm sure looking forward to this launch! Was there a Windows 7? And say! what a great name for a phone! Windows 8 has a certain ring to it!

So let's all meet on the 5th there's so much to say about this new phone and so many questions to be answered!

Will MS make it out of old IE mass mailing install Disks? Will you have to phone home before you dial out? Will Bill Gates come installed as a quick dial?

Will Bill use this phone or is he committed to his iphone?

Would any of this be happening is Steve Jobs was still on the line?
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 17th August, 2012, 09:41 AM
Chief Systems Administrator

There is a Windows Phone 7, yes. Windows Phone 8 isn't a device, but a OS to run a cell phone. Thus, it runs in competition with Symbian, BlackBerry 10, Meego, Android, webOS, Bada and Tizen. I'm sure I've probably forgotten a few there too.

One of the things that Windows Phone 8 is doing is replacing the old WinCE based architecture with something more akin to the NT kernel. This means that the architecture is much more akin to Windows 8, so a developer can easily port applications between Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8.
Old 17th August, 2012, 10:04 AM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Awwwww I want one! Another kick ass device! Well done Bill.
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-gb; HTC Desire Build/IMM76L) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30
Old 17th August, 2012, 04:17 PM
Chief BBS Administrator

This is sure my week for the half assed reading of my fellows posts! Again, Sorry! ":O}

But Chris didn't you read Aedan's post...? MS has competition, people have a choice...MS can't just say use it or else...

Chris...MS can't hurt you anymore. You can choose and be free! I know you fear the oppression of former times and think "If I go Linux, Bill will get me!

But The Bill is retired now, helping poor kids, trying to regain a humanity he never had...We wish him well.

You CAN CHOOSE Chris! You can enter upon free choice for the first time!

(It's always like this when they are first liberated, they just can't grasp the concept of freedom from the shackles of MS...)

Choice will feel better to you over time Chris... It's like when all the computers were putty-colored and now they are not... it's like that Chris! Now there are COLORS in our world and choices and...

( Chris please try to stay awake, This is the future calling you and MS doesn't have that number...":O}
."
DKE

"All that we do is touched by Ocean
Yet we remain on the shore of what we know."
Richard Wilbur

[img]/forum/attachments/random-nonsense/16515-sigs-dan_drag.jpg[/img]
Subscribers! Ask Pitch about a Custom Sig Graphic

Last edited by Daniel ~; 17th August, 2012 at 04:19 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
microsoft , nokia