AOA Forums

AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/)
-   Mobile Devices and Networking (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/36-mobile-devices-and-networking/)
-   -   IDIOTS and MORONS (http://www.aoaforums.com/forum/mobile-devices-and-networking/1437-idiots-and-morons.html)

eobard 23rd November, 2001 04:50 AM

IDIOTS and MORONS

Here's what awaited me today as I tried to switch my email account from @home.com to @rogers.com:

"Thank you for visiting the Rogers @Home Transition Website.

The transition has been delayed to November 23, 2001 at noon to accomodate further testing of the system.

Please visit this site at that time to complete the transition."

Interesting no? Whats even more interesting is the fact that my email is dead as of now, not a week from now when they said the final deadline would be reached, now, before I can switch to the new address.

MORONS AND IDIOTS :mad:

Superman 23rd November, 2001 04:53 AM

Send them an email and tell them you work for the Postal Service (j/k, no postal-employee-bashing intended) :p

I'd be emailing them and telling them that you are very dissatisfied, this is a violation of your contract, blah...blah...blah

eobard 23rd November, 2001 05:09 AM

Fortunately I can fall back on my Yahoo account.

Daniel ~ 23rd November, 2001 05:30 AM

I came to this thread because I thought you were starting a club, one that at last represented me!

Damn their eyes for messing folks up in the, 100,00's? Glad you have something to fall back on. I'm on AT&T @ Home, hoping I won't have to re-program my router, still waiting to find out":O{

Pinky 23rd November, 2001 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Daniel ~
I came to this thread because I thought you were starting a club, one that at last represented me!
Funny, I was all over this ready to nominate myself president of our new secret society...

eobard 23rd November, 2001 05:49 AM

Yeah but I know I'm going to miss something. Even as we speak Berkeley could be desperately trying to tell me that I've found ET but will I get the mail, nooooo. And why? Because I just realized I haven't updated my SETI account notification.

mrpcman 23rd November, 2001 10:53 AM

well, my cousin who is a manager for att says that their mail servers are so overloaded and crappy that sometimes mail never comes at all. He's an employee and he doesn't use it. When I first read this post I thought it said 2031! :D

eobard 14th December, 2001 08:21 PM

I just got back online from my third outtage in less than 24 hours, fortunately this one only lasted about 10 minutes. Still, anyone who can shove a rabid elephant, covered in tabasco sauce, sideways up ted rogers @$$...

...would not be doing so at my request, because such would open me up to a possible lawsuit. I think we all understand what is and isn't being said here.

eobard 19th December, 2001 10:11 AM

Sadly my use of this thread is ongoing still. Internet and cable tv out: 5 minutes, email down: several hours now, when it'll be up I don't know.

Daniel ~ 19th December, 2001 10:19 AM

We feel your pain....We wish Ted felt your pain and all the permutations heaven allows!! (I always knew an infinite number of possible Eternities would come in handy one day! ":O}

eobard 25th December, 2001 03:47 AM

Email's down again. :mad: You know where ted, and you know the angle of insertion.
:mad: :mad:

eobard 25th December, 2001 03:50 AM

Three minutes later it's back up. Almost tolerable. I think the number of insertions is making ted see the error of his ways (or at least his network).

eobard 2nd January, 2002 11:33 PM

Guess who's email is down. Mine? Close but not quite...

...EVERYONE WHO LIVES IN ONTARIO AND HAS ROGERS CABLE INTERNET!!! I called the 800 # for help and got a recording stating that most of the @rogers customers in Ontario have no email right now. THE WHOLE SYSTEM!!!!!

As usual ted, sideways. :mad:

eobard 4th January, 2002 08:37 AM

Bump

You know who,
you know where,
and you know the angle of insertion.

:mad:

ItHuNkPuNk 20th January, 2002 10:25 AM

I had @home too and they switched to attbi in or around nov(??)

well anyway.. I still don't have an email addy.. they keep tellin me that I should go online and check my account settings.. WHAT SETTINGS!.. you have to have a LOGIN to get into them.. guess what the login is? My Email!...

So finally they realize that maybe i'm not as dumb as I sound, and sombody talks to the guru in the tech department and SURPRISE! They have to send someone down to do send info from my line and re-establish my user ID and email.. I don't think i'll be paying full price ($50) for these 3mos without email..