AOA Forums AOA Forums AOA Forums Folding For Team 45 AOA Files Home Front Page Become an AOA Subscriber! UserCP Calendar Memberlist FAQ Search Forum Home

Go Back   AOA Forums > Software > OS, Software, Firmware, and BIOS

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 3rd December, 2003, 05:48 AM

A Error...

This Happens When i Try to launch my Paint Shop Pro, And Sometimes does It For Others, this is what it says

The Instruction at "0x00411f7a" referenced memory at "0x00000000". the Memory coud not be "read"

Soo.. Please Help Me And It Tells Me To Terminate Or Debug ive pressed both , nothing happens except for it closing
Old 21st December, 2005, 03:01 PM

Dear Microgers87,

Did you get this problems resolved? I am a new user and I'm learning my way about this website, but I have that exact problem, and I wondered if you could direct me towards a solution.
Old 21st December, 2005, 03:05 PM
Benchmarker

Send a message via Yahoo to chrisbard

Whenever you post a problem post also the components inside your computer...like CPU, memory, motherboard..... I suspect a faulty or not compatible memory but can be a lot more than just that. So what comp do you have?
I've heard that linux community came up with better implemented security in it's latest Linux Mint Gold version, it's actually preventing the user to log in, thus posing 0 risk in contamining the computer with malware! Well done to the open source community!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21st December, 2005, 03:24 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Chesso

Could also be a core problem iv'e had a few applications i made myself present themselves with these errors somewhat randomly though i fixed them eventually......well most of them heh.
Old 21st December, 2005, 05:58 PM

Send a message via MSN to skool h8r

No, these are usually software problems, usually, re-installing the application will fix the problem.

YouTube - Benchmark Results (Coming Soon!)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 21st December, 2005, 06:56 PM

I have:
System Information report written at: 21/12/2005 17:48:18
[System Summary]

Item Value
OS Name Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Version 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4 Build 2195
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name ICTUS-2000
System Manufacturer MATSONIC
System Model MS8157E
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~1533 Mhz
BIOS Version 02/20/03
Windows Directory C:\WINNT
System Directory C:\WINNT\system32
Boot Device \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1
Locale United States (although I'm in the UK)
User Name ICTUS-2000\VJRS
Time Zone GMT Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 523,760 KB
Available Physical Memory 138,216 KB
Total Virtual Memory 1,801,548 KB
Available Virtual Memory 1,052,976 KB
Page File Space 1,277,788 KB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

This has not changed since 6 months before the problem arose. Paint Shop Pro 8 worked fine until about 6 weeks ago; I have reinstalled the operating system, service pack, updates and all programs, and the problem started again after a further few days. (It is JUST possible it might have begun after running RegFix, but restoring an old backup has not restored the previous stability.)

I have an up-to-date spayware and virus checker, and I am confident there are no viruses on board, and I have run all the motherboard and memory checks from the MicroScope diagnotsic tool. I am at a complete loss as to what to do next.
Old 21st December, 2005, 06:57 PM

Addition: reinstalling PSP 8 cures the problem for a few hours. Then it's back...
Old 21st December, 2005, 08:37 PM
AOA's resident barman

Send a message via ICQ to Favu Send a message via AIM to Favu Send a message via MSN to Favu

Maybe something is tripping up PSP as they try to access the same memory location at the same time?

Just a vague thoguht there.

Have you checked to see that there are no other applications running that you don't ABSOLUTELY need?

Custom 8-bit Sharp Z80 @ 4.194304 MHz
Reflective LCD @ 160 × 144
8 kByte S-RAM

Old 21st December, 2005, 09:02 PM
AOA Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjrs
I have:
System Information report written at: 21/12/2005 17:48:18
[System Summary]

Item Value
OS Name Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Version 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4 Build 2195
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name ICTUS-2000
System Manufacturer MATSONIC
System Model MS8157E
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~1533 Mhz
BIOS Version 02/20/03
Windows Directory C:\WINNT
System Directory C:\WINNT\system32
Boot Device \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1
Locale United States (although I'm in the UK)
User Name ICTUS-2000\VJRS
Time Zone GMT Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 523,760 KB
Available Physical Memory 138,216 KB
Total Virtual Memory 1,801,548 KB
Available Virtual Memory 1,052,976 KB
Page File Space 1,277,788 KB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

This has not changed since 6 months before the problem arose. Paint Shop Pro 8 worked fine until about 6 weeks ago; I have reinstalled the operating system, service pack, updates and all programs, and the problem started again after a further few days. (It is JUST possible it might have begun after running RegFix, but restoring an old backup has not restored the previous stability.)

I have an up-to-date spayware and virus checker, and I am confident there are no viruses on board, and I have run all the motherboard and memory checks from the MicroScope diagnotsic tool. I am at a complete loss as to what to do next.
Image editing is quite demanding on memory. You have a minimal amount of physical memory. Not a problem in itself, but Windows will be doing a lot of swapping to disk.

So, a staring point would be to check your RAM and HDD for errors. You can use a tool called MemTest to check your memory. It needs to run for a number of hours. If the memory checks out OK, then run some diagnostics on the HDD.

I used to have frequent problems with PSP, but only prior to version 8. PSP 8 seems very stable to me, in general.
Old 21st December, 2005, 10:01 PM

Both good ideas; thank you. In fact PSP crashes on loading, so I don't think the useage of (specifically) large sections is the problem. I will do the checks suggested, however.

Everything lse is, I'm afraid, closed down, unless it is needed.
Old 22nd December, 2005, 12:32 AM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Chesso

On that information post a very small amount of physical ram is left is this normal for your? i boot into windows only using 84mb lol.

I would have argued 512mb ram would be fine but with that much left perhaps not.
Old 22nd December, 2005, 01:58 PM

Thanks, Chesso. Increasing RAM is sensible and I'll try that.